Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2015 9:59:58 PM EDT
Living in a warm humid climate makes concealing a 3" 1911 a little challenging. I am looking for a comfortable concealable holster for T-shirt weather. Cross Bread holster seem popular but I have no experience with them. Inside the waist seems to be the option I am leaning toward. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Milt Sparks Versa Max II with my Colt Defender which is also a 3" barrel.

Here's what it looks like:  I've been wearing it for about 11 years, and it still looks good even after the dog got ahold of it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]

OP if your like me and sweat a lot at work or just when outside and it's 105 with 80% humidity you may ask how the leather holsters do with moisture / sweat.
If the holster holds moisture it cant be good for the gun.
I use kydex for this reason. I can take it off, run it under the faucet and throw it on the counter to dry.
Maybe some of the guys here who use leather and work outside in hot sweaty conditions can comment on that.

And a good holster and belt combo can hide your pistol under a t-shirt
I carry a Sig P229 which is 3.9" and a pretty heavy gun and can conceal it under a t-shirt just fine OWB.
I do prefer a button up shirt though. One of my buddies says his wife likes the fact he dresses a little better now since he start carrying and wearing more button up shirts in lieu of t-shirts.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a Desantis Scorpion kydex IWB. Very comfortable, very stable and very secure. Extremely thin profile and the weight is distributed all the way around your hip. It's an open bottom holster so it will fit any size 1911.

I can easily conceal a Glock 20 under a normal fitting shirt so a single stack micro 1911 should be a piece of cake.

Regarding the issue of carrying a pistol in hot, humid weather, allow me to give you some advice. You're much better off with a moisture wicking compression under shirt and a lightweight synthetic blend button down. It might sound counter intuitive to wear two shirts in hot weather, but believe me, it works. I've been carrying a pistol in hot, sticky weather for 15 years and it's much cooler and more comfortable than a tee shirt.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a kramer OWB
I carry a 3", some times a commander. I like the 4" barrel holster better. Especially once broken in, Keeps the grip tighter to the body, gives options
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#5]
When I carried a 3" Kimber, I used a Versa Max II.  Also used that make of holster for a P7 and a 4" 1911.

These days I'm carrying a Glock 19 or a Shield in a Comp Tac Minotaur.  

VM II is a very comfy and secure holster.  Only real downside is the wait.  It's expensive, but it will last forever and you sure won't ever need another holster unless you decide to carry appendix.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:41:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry my 3" Kimber in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. I've never felt a need to look for anything else.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Wild Bill's Concealment Covert Carry.

Costs $70, but it is very well made, durable, secure, and comfortable even against your skin in the summer time.  

Covert Carry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top