Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2015 7:47:06 PM EDT
Saw their ad in American Rifleman, visited the web site and looked at all the videos. Looks like a very high quality holster for a very reasonable price. Anyone have any experience with them.

Alien Gear Holsters
Thanks in advance
Vince
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a cloak 2.0 and wish I got another crossbreed
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I may be wearing one right now. Just the holster and a belt and nothing else.......

In all seriousness, they are really nice, the one i have on now is a Cloak 2.0. I got one for my Glock 19 and one for my PF9 and got a spare sheath for my Glock 26. Really nice seems to be holding up well. Ive had mine for a month or 2 now and have worn it almost everyday.

Which gun are you going to be carrying?

I had a crossbreed and the only thing i didn't like was the holes it wore in all of my shirts in exactly the same spot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I like mine a lot.  Very comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a Cloak Tuck 2.0 for my Shield. I usually carry it OWB, but wanted a good IWB option. I figured for the price, it'd work good.

It is comfortable as fuck, and unlike a leather hybrid holster, has none of that leather creaking to break in. The neoprene just works on it.

The downside to the neoprene is unlike a leather hybrid holster, it fucking collapses over the mouth of the holster when you draw. Have to be very alert when holstering, but you should be anyway.

I'm probably going to get a spare piece so I can carry my Glock with it as well, and ditch my King Tuk.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Got mine today - impressed by the packaging, accessories included, and quality of production.  Very comfortable so far (just a few hours in),

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I like mine and it has held up well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I've tried both the gen1 and gen2 and hated them. Then again, I can't stand CrossBreed either. Me and this style of holster just don't get along.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I got one for my G30 its my EDC 90% of the time, becase I like to switch it up sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:28:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I got a Cloak Tuck 1.0 and like it alot. The only issue I have with it is it can get sweaty. I would also look into Stealth Gear as wellhttp://stealthgearusa.com/. I have yet to receive mine so I can't say how good they are. But the design of the stealth gear looks very nice for the hot AZ summers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:52:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been wearing a Cloak Tuck V.1 for several months now and really like it. I have a V.2 coming sometime soon for a different pistol. A three to four week timeframe when I ordered and Friday marks week three. I'm really looking forward to trying it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 3 of the Cloak Tuck 2.0 and so far I really like them.  This is my first IWB hybrid style holster so I don't have anything to compare it to but most of the time I forget I have it on.  Total time using them is about 2 months and so far no noticeable wear.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been carrying my Shield in an Alien Gear hybrid IWB for a year and a half or so. Overall, it is a pretty good holster, especially for the price.. I also have a CrossBreed SuperTuck for the G26 I used to carry. Between the two, I kinda wish I would have bought a SuperTuck for the Shield. While the Alien Gear is a good holster, for me, the SuperTuck is a GREAT holster. The SuperTuck is more comfortable and conceals a little better. Not much of a difference, but there is a difference.

On the plus side, the Alien Gear was half the price or less than the SuperTuck. The kydex is also screwed on versus riveted on, which allows easy retention adjustment and swapping parts if necessary. You can order just parts for the Alien Gear, where the SuperTuck  is what it is and there isn't much you can do with it. The leather and kydex on the Alien Gear are both thicker than the SuperTuck which is good and bad. Probably more durable, but more bulk to carry and conceal. I also like the belt clips on the Alien Gear a lot better than the SuperTuck. I have some small problems with the clips on the SuperTuck riding up on my belt and poking my side. They've never come off the belt, but there is a little play because the clips are a little bigger than the belt, so they ride up to where the stop is and stick up above the belt a little. The clips on my Alien Gear just stay put and don't ride up. Minor problem, but a problem nonetheless.

In the end, like I said, I kinda wish I had bought a SuperTuck for my Shield, However, like I also said, the Alien Gear is a good holster and works out pretty well, especially if you are on a budget like I was when I bought it. They are a good option, especially for the price difference between it and the SuperTuck if you like hybrid holsters. All my complaints are really just nitpicking the differences and, overall, the Alien Gear really does work pretty well. Check them out.

Bub75
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Original one for a glock 19. And original p30 for a vp9. Havent tried the 2.0
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Many thanks again.

Vince
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I edc a g19 in my 2.0 and it took longer to get than my first crossbreed . Yes I have a crossbreed belt too. I dremel ed the clips on my crossbreed to slow the holes in my jeans
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the 2.0 for my shield and where it is nice and comfortable. It's just a whole lot of material for such a small gun. I got a stingray from clinger holsters today for my Mod 2 in 45 and it actually seems to conceal the larger gun better than the alien gear does the smaller gun. Granted I've only had the alien gear a few months but I'm considering replacing it with another stingray after I've actually used it for awhile to see if I still like it. But they are completely different types of holsters.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the 2.0 and I love it. I carry a Glock 19 in it and it works great. If you wanted to try it they have a 30 day trial period where you can send it back if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I have both the iwb 2.0 and the owb, and have shells for a G19 and Browning Hi Power. They are good holsters for the money. I wouldn't recommend them for a pistol that you plan to carry cocked and locked, I found that the thumb safety gets caught on the backing, and makes holstering a bit of a pain. The OWB is good, but my complaint is the belt loops that require you to take the belt off in order to put the holster on. I also had to modify the kydex molding on both the shells for 2 reasons. The first being to fit the shell to my body; the shell comes flat, and i had to contour it slightly to fit my hip. I also flared the opening to the HP shell slightly to ease holstering, and dimpled the trigger guard of the glock shell slightly for added retention.

Over all I give them a 6.5-7/10

If I could do it again i would shell out for another comp-tac.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I have Cloak 2 for my LC9s.  It's comfortable and conceals well.  If they made an MTAC for the LC9 I probably would have bought that but its like 3 times the price and I don't know if its 3 times the holster.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Bought 'em, tried 'em, sent 'em back. Ordered a Squared Away Customs Spartan for my Shield and love it. Wet sanded edges, tight retention and a great fit. A bit spendy but worth the cash.

No more space holsters for me..Nothing more than marketing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#21]
ill sell my ag for a g19 once i find something else or just buy another crossbreed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top