Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2015 7:59:56 AM EDT
I moved to CO about a year ago and started to CC daily.

I started off with a cross breed appendix carry but ditched it due to comfort levels and my semi large gut being sore.

I switched to a stealth gear holster and it feels really good but after 6-8 hours working (lots of walking) I can not wait to get home and take it off. I normally carry it at around 2-3 o'clock. I have tried 4 but it tends to poke out and working at a college this is just asking for trouble.

I am using a off the shelf carrhart belt. I am going to assume this is the problem.

Can anyone advise a decent belt that wont break that bank.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#1]
You might check out Beltman Beltsfor leather.

For nylon, I use a Wilderness Adventure belt.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a Ares Ranger and be done. I have wore out a Wilderness 5 stitch, and broke the internal kydex on a comp tac leather belt. Buy a Ares Ranger or similar belt and don't look back (SOE makes a good one too)
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#3]
www.loopbelt.com

Get the square rubber buckle and place that buckle at the 4:30 position.

Wear the holster/gun/belt system over your underwear and under your pants/shorts/etc.

No more loops or clips showing.

Tucking shirts is much easier.

Snug the belt above your hips.  DON'T cinch it tight !

Very comfortable.  The gun/holster sits above Mr. Wiggle if you appendix carry.

No flopping or sagging.

I have run a few 5K's with this and an M&P 9c w/ full size mag and X-Grip.  ( 8:21 / mile, so I'm not loping along )
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure what "break the bank" means to you.

I ordered a belt from A&G Custom Gunleather made to my size and specs.
It's one tough good looking belt.  I paid $107 inc shipping.  Took two weeks? to get to me as I recall.

I don't skimp on carry guns, belts or holsters.  My belt is a bargain at $107.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never needed to look any further than the Wilderness Instructor (frequent flier version) Belt.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Crossbreed makes belts too, and sometime they mess them up.

You can get their seconds here.  They call them 'seconds' due to blemishes, so they're functionally 100%, which is fine for a belt you're going to conceal anyway.

I have two of them and was never able to find the blemish.  Great value for the money.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you considered a small gun in the pocket?

As for belts I've had a wilderness CSM, wilderness 5 stitch, volund atlas cobra and a beltman leather belt. For all day comfort I reach for the beltman, I can wear it a tad looser than the others and that keeps it nice and comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:55:22 AM EDT
[#8]
For nylon I use The Wilderness 5-stitch. Leather I use belts from Hanks, I have the 'Gunner' in black and brown and a Bullhide in black. The 'Gunner' works great with most guns and the bullhide for heavier guns. At $45 for the 'Gunner' it's not a bad value at that. Having a good sturdy belt is important for comfort.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Try Hanks Clothing http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_ccw.html I have two belts from there. They won't break the bank.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#10]
A good belt does make a HUGE difference.
I like Milt Sparks, to each their own...
Personally, a 1911 on my hip with a good belt and holster is more comfortable than an LCP in my pocket.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
www.loopbelt.com

Wear the holster/gun/belt system over your underwear and under your pants/shorts/etc.

No flopping or sagging.

I have run a few 5K's with this and an M&P 9c w/ full size mag and X-Grip.  ( 8:21 / mile, so I'm not loping along )
View Quote

You guys cost me so much money.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Wilderness 5 stitch for work & casual
Beltman for a leather dress belt
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got a Cobra Riggers belt from these guys! http://www.snakeeatertactical.com

Great product from a great company!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I wear my Wilderness 5 Stitch every day. If I wear it out (not gonna happen anytime soon), I'll pony up the reasonable amount for another.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
www.loopbelt.com

No flopping or sagging.

View Quote

Didn't you have a picture of this setup posted previously?  If so, would you reference it again?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:59:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Blackhawk, I've had one for over year and I've been happy with it for every day carry.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/blackhawk-cqc-pistol-belts-4103.html
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#17]
511 tactical trainer is around 35-40 bucks and will handle all you can throw at it and last a long time. You can get it at Bass Pro Shop

http://www.basspro.com/5-11-Tactical-11/2-Trainer-Belt/product/12012005010922/
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#18]
The only way I can comfortably IWB my G27 is with the Nate Squared holster  https://www.n82tactical.com/holster-options  I just have the original.

Other than that I pretty much ankle carry it 90% of the time.  Really works for me and it's deep concealment.  You may also want to take a look at Smart Carry.  It's pretty much trial and error until you find something that works for you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, good belt is step 1.  Good holster is step 2.  Buying clothing in a size up is step 3 (pants AND shirts).  If you are a tall person, you HAVE to buy shirts in tall or they will be too short in the torso area.

Effectively and comfortably carrying a gun is an undertaking.  Belt.  Holster.  Clothes.  They all help.

I'm waiting on a beltman.  I'm probably going to get an ares ranger from larue (they are 20ish cheaper and ship ASAP vs wait 2-3 weeks).  

Measure what they say to measure, btw.  Sizing is important, and that includes the extra width of your CCW gun/holster/mags/etc
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Didn't you have a picture of this setup posted previously?  If so, would you reference it again?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
www.loopbelt.com

No flopping or sagging.

I just texted a pic of it to another member a couple weeks ago, because I can't seem to find the archived thread which I was referencing years ago.

Basically though, it is using the same principals as a belly band.  Everyone who has used one of those knows the gun doesn't flop or sag while being held with elastic.  And since I started CCWing with a smartcarry, I knew that a stiff 'gun' specific belt wasn't even close to being necessary for comfortable and secure carry.

I did succumb to the ARFCOM sales pitch of needing a 'gun' belt and kydex / leather holster a few years ago though.  And promptly wore out a 5:11 leather belt with nylon insert.  I wore it out over a winter so it was easier to conceal an M&P on my hip.
Re-holstering was much easier with the kydex though.  So much so, that I decided to use the kydex from my CompTac Spartan Slide, and cut my own leather.  I made the holster to have zero cant, and cut belt slots.  Totally eliminated the clips.

Then I matched it up with the loopbelt, wear it in the front, and the gun /holster rides higher than my pecker.  Once the gun/holster/belt is in place, I go ahead and get dressed with normal clothes and belts.
Tucking is super easy, and there aren't any clips or tacticool belts in the equation at all.

I'm still on my original loopbelt, and I have worn this thing damn near exclusively for 3-5 years.  I honestly don't remember when I put this thing together, but I have run 5K's, ridden bicycles, ridden dirt bikes in the mountains of CO, played golf, rehabbed houses.  I would wear it in the gym but it wont conceal well.  Well, it would conceal just fine if I wore sweats in there.  But I don't, so...

I cannot wear it with my suit though.  I would need to take a little out for that situation.  But the Shield in a customized 3Speed holster works really well for that.

The customized 3Speed holster basically mimics the smartcarry, but built with longer lasting materials.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Just one more option.

This is what I use to carry:

Mean Gene Victory Aegis belt

http://www.meangeneleather.com/shop/mgl-victory-aegis-chocolate-belt/

Keyhole Holsterst Nanos hybrid

http://www.keyholeholsters.com/shop/nano-rapid-hybrid-holster/

Best combo I have found by far.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just one more option.

This is what I use to carry:

Mean Gene Victory Aegis belt

http://www.meangeneleather.com/shop/mgl-victory-aegis-chocolate-belt

Keyhole Holsterst Nanos hybrid

http://www.keyholeholsters.com/shop/nano-rapid-hybrid-holster

Best combo I have found by far.

View Quote

Fixed your lynx
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Crossbreed AIWB is generations behind a JM Custom or CCC Shaggy AIWB.  Literally, generations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top