Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2015 9:49:42 PM EDT
Hopefully this quick little how-to/diy will help a few of you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wGfQYDbZO8
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]

this isn't GD

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

this isn't GD
View Quote
Yet, it's still good advice.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this isn't GD

personal experience?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
personal experience?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

this isn't GD

personal experience?
Personal observations, as well as the opinion of MANY profesionals in both competition, self defense, training, and the Military.

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#5]
It's amazing what misinformation can do.

One knucklehead who fails to use the holster properly shoots himself.  Instead of taking responsibility for his own stupidity he (and others) blame the holster.  I'm sure he would have blamed the gun except that's how he makes his living.  The anti-gun crown has been blaming guns for years and we object vigorously when they do because simple logic says you don't blame the object if a person uses it improperly.  

I draw from a Serpa holster all the time, thousands of draws and my finger is resting on the frame EVERY time the gun clears the holster.  

But be a bunch of sheep and follow the IN crowd, after all, they're the ones shooting themselves.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

One knucklehead who fails to use the holster properly shoots himself.  Instead of taking responsibility for his own stupidity he (and others) blame the holster.  I'm sure he would have blamed the gun except that's how he makes his living.  The anti-gun crown has been blaming guns for years and we object vigorously when they do because simple logic says you don't blame the object if a person uses it improperly.  

I draw from a Serpa holster all the time, thousands of draws and my finger is resting on the frame EVERY time the gun clears the holster.  

But be a bunch of sheep and follow the IN crowd, after all, they're the ones shooting themselves.
View Quote
There's more reasons than just that, but you look like you have your mind made up.
Anyone else that happens to be reading though, should Google serpa failures and problems and come up with their own opinions.

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

My biggest issue with Serpas is the mechanism being locked up by rocks or sand.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well, it is a mechanism after all, and if rocks and sand are going to be present, there are other holsters one can use.  When I'm going about my day carrying concealed or open, I can't envision a scenario where rocks and sand will get into my holster.  So the Serpa is just fine.  

Most of the tacticool people bashing the Serpa rarely set foot off a paved surface, and they're worried about dirt in the mechanism?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well, it is a mechanism after all, and if rocks and sand are going to be present, there are other holsters one can use.  When I'm going about my day carrying concealed or open, I can't envision a scenario where rocks and sand will get into my holster.  So the Serpa is just fine.  

Most of the tacticool people bashing the Serpa rarely set foot off a paved surface, and they're worried about dirt in the mechanism?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's...  not necessarily true.

There's lots of legit BTDT types that don't recommend Serpas for a variety of reasons.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There's lots of legit BTDT types that don't recommend Serpas for a variety of reasons.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit. There are scads of data at one's fingertips via the Internet about Serpa failures,and  from a whole spectrum experience levels. If one wants to use it, go ahead, but realize the risk and limitations. It's still a shit design.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:24:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No shit. There are scads of data at one's fingertips via the Internet about Serpa failures,and  from a whole spectrum experience levels. If one wants to use it, go ahead, but realize the risk and limitations. It's still a shit design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trigger finger is used to release gun from holster.  'Nuff said IMO.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"Ding,ding,ding ......... "
----------------------------Yes it is
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's still a shit design.

"Ding,ding,ding ......... "
----------------------------Yes it is

This 100% with all the high quality leather kydex hybrid and kydex holsters out there serpas are irrelevant.  At the end of the day they are still crap too they rank in my book 1 notch above drop leg holsters which I believe is the worst holster design EVER!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#15]
OP has phenomenal advice.

I gave it 5 stars.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OP has phenomenal advice.

I gave it 5 stars.
View Quote

Guess I should have watched the video that is brilliant!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I had the privilage of having a M9 my second tour. Went threw 3 different serpa holsters. First one cracked under the trigger guard from just normal use, second one a buddy jumped on my back and snapped the thing off my hip, third one is bouncing around in the back of my truck somewhere.

4/10 will probably buy again.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#18]
So......I take it that most of you don't like them?

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:48:59 AM EDT
[#19]
If you need a duty style holster go with the Safariland SLS. As mentioned before my issue isn't with the release mechanism being near the trigger guard. If you shoot yourself because of that it's your fault not the holsters, I used a Serpa for a while and never shot myself. My issue is it being jammed up. For anyone (yes you mainsail) who says that they can't envision being put in a situation like that... You're an idiot. Someone comes up up and shoves you hard, or bear hugs whatever the hell happens. Maybe you start getting into a ground fight. That's a possibility for the holster to get jammed up. Just because you can't envision something happens doesn't mean it won't. That's a failure of mindset. You don't envision needing to shoot someone during your day but you still carry a gun right?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Lets see how many people I can piss off with one post:

I have been using a SERPA holster for 8 years now. I have used it for daily carry, range work, and airsoft games. Yes, airsoft games. Now, I'm not talking backyard shorts and a t-shirt type stuff. I'm talking 3 day milsim events where I'm carrying 75lbs of gear, rolling in the dirt avoiding hand tossed firework mortar sims, being thrown to the ground during vehicle searches, and a number of other scenarios. Not ONCE have I had my SERPA lock up on me. I have used it in rain, dirt, mud, snow, ice, wind, rivers (fell in trying to cross). I have NOT ONCE had an accidental/negligent discharge while drawing and I have drawn from a SERPA probably 5-6k times. I have melted them with custom stippling, cut them to fit other guns (USP Compact SERPA fits at least 5 different firearms that I've been able to find and still work). I've used belt loops and paddles. I've used the MOLLE adapter and the drop leg platform.

My point? I've probably used a SERPA in a more harsh environment than many people on here that are proclaiming their hate for it. Don't jump on the band wagon because some "insert prestegious name here" does. Form your own opinions. Is it the greatest thing out there? No. Does it work? Yes. Kydex cracks. Leather softens. Shit happens. But don't hate on something because that's the cool thing to do now a days. Buy one (or borrow one from someone) and play around with it.

So, lets recap the ways I can piss people off with this post:
1)I own a SERPA
2)I play airsoft
3)I haven't shot myself or locked my gun in my SERPA
4)I called people out for jumping on a bandwagon

Bring on the hate.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I have been using a SERPA holster for 8 years now. I have used it for daily carry, range work, and airsoft games. Yes, airsoft games. Now, I'm not talking backyard shorts and a t-shirt type stuff. I'm talking 3 day milsim events where I'm carrying 75lbs of gear, rolling in the dirt avoiding hand tossed firework mortar sims, being thrown to the ground during vehicle searches, and a number of other scenarios. Not ONCE have I had my SERPA lock up on me. I have used it in rain, dirt, mud, snow, ice, wind, rivers (fell in trying to cross). I have NOT ONCE had an accidental/negligent discharge while drawing and I have drawn from a SERPA probably 5-6k times. I have melted them with custom stippling, cut them to fit other guns (USP Compact SERPA fits at least 5 different firearms that I've been able to find and still work). I've used belt loops and paddles. I've used the MOLLE adapter and the drop leg platform.

My point? I've probably used a SERPA in a more harsh environment than many people on here that are proclaiming their hate for it. Don't jump on the band wagon because some "insert prestegious name here" does. Form your own opinions. Is it the greatest thing out there? No. Does it work? Yes. Kydex cracks. Leather softens. Shit happens. But don't hate on something because that's the cool thing to do now a days. Buy one (or borrow one from someone) and play around with it.

1)I own a SERPA

2)I play airsoft

Bring on the hate.
View Quote
No hate, just a personal observation of yours, to compare to the personal observation of others.  

"Don't jump on the band wagon because some "insert prestegious name here" does."

That though, is a silly statement.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No hate, just don't quite believe you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring on the hate.

No hate, just don't quite believe you.

What part don't you believe?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No hate, just a personal observation of yours, to compare to the personal observation of others.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
-
fit other guns (USP Compact SERPA fits at least 5 different firearms that I've been able to find and still work). I've used belt loops and paddles. I've used the MOLLE adapter and the drop leg platform.

Might be different between different pistols, too.

I've only rarely used Glocks in serpas - and that's mostly been without the button retention, just using it as a range holster; and I don't think I've ever messed with a Beretta in a serpa.  Those seem to get the most complaints.

I have used Sigs and HKs in serpas quite a bit, and had no major hassles.

Was digging back through a few of these threads because I was considering picking up another serpa (mostly for range use) and was trying to find what the problem really is since people seem to hate serpas a lot based on experience totally contrary to mine, and it seems that certain brands of gun show up more than others leading me to believe there's more of an issue with certain holster & gun combinations, rather than the holster (or the gun) by itself.  The twist & pull method to defeat it doesn't work on mine (in the video it's a Glock), I've snagged mine on everything from fences to backpack straps to car doors and not wrecked them, I've taken courses and done competitions with them... but then I carry Sigs or HKs, which may be more compatible.

Also interesting that serpas are banned at at least one federal LE training facility (here), but they're still the holsters issued for border patrol... but they don't use Glocks or Berettas, and don't work indoors as much as IRS agents or FBI guys.

Jester's example of the USP in a serpa for 8 years with some decent use might've been a totally different experience if he'd done it with a Beretta.

Contrasting this - border agent in an ATV accident whose holster held up but the pistol broke (HK & serpa):

To this - a Glock serpa holster torn apart during testing in this thread:

And this - where a Glock serpa holster was torn apart during another disarming/grab test:

And as well as with most of the anecdotes and stories of issues, it sure seems like the holster holds up and works very differently with different guns.

There's always the "your finger will curl and you'll shoot yourself, Tex" dislike for the holster, which is a shooter problem more than a holster problem, IMO.  It's also a problem that is much more prevalent with Glocks, and less with Berettas or anything else.

There's also the con that serpas can get jammed up with snow (sort of a regional issue there) or sand (haven't seen it, but I believe it)... but that can hold true with other holsters, too.

As an observation from somebody who hasn't really had any problems with them, I might well be apprehensive about using certain pistols together with serpas because they do seem less compatible.

--

ETA:
with all the high quality leather kydex hybrid and kydex holsters out there serpas are irrelevant.

Depends on the application.  For CC, agree totally.

For OC, riding around the ranch or out on trails or something, it's got retention and works fine... though I'm now convinced that's dependent on how well the pistol gets along with the holster.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

1)I own a SERPA

2)I play airsoft

Bring on the hate.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:22:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Do the anti-Serpa people curl their finger inwards during the draw so it slips right in the trigger guard when it clears? If so you've been doing it wrong weather it's a Serpa or not. I tried to find a picture of this, but every one I can find in Google images of a gun being drawn has the finger flat along their leather or kydex holsters. If the same was done with a Serpa like you're supposed to the button would be pushed and the finger would be along side and above the trigger guard.

ETA: If your trigger finger looks like this when you're drawing from any holster, you'll eventually learn all about Darwin.

Right way.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I've only rarely used Glocks in serpas - and that's mostly been without the button retention, just using it as a range holster; and I don't think I've ever messed with a Beretta in a serpa.  Those seem to get the most complaints.

Was digging back through a few of these threads because I was considering picking up another serpa (mostly for range use) and was trying to find what the problem really is since people seem to hate serpas a lot based on experience totally contrary to mine, and it seems that certain brands of gun show up more than others leading me to believe there's more of an issue with certain holster & gun combinations, rather than the holster (or the gun) by itself.  The twist & pull method to defeat it doesn't work on mine (in the video it's a Glock), I've snagged mine on everything from fences to backpack straps to car doors and not wrecked them, I've taken courses and done competitions with them... but then I carry Sigs or HKs, which may be more compatible.

Also interesting that serpas are banned at at least one federal LE training facility (here), but they're still the holsters issued for border patrol... but they don't use Glocks or Berettas, and don't work indoors as much as IRS agents or FBI guys.

Jester's example of the USP in a serpa for 8 years with some decent use might've been a totally different experience if he'd done it with a Beretta.

Contrasting this - border agent in an ATV accident whose holster held up but the pistol broke (HK & serpa):

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g476/Green_Traffic/Broken%20HK/image008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/schenninge/GUN%20STUFF/20110727155816.jpg

And this - where a Glock serpa holster was torn apart during another disarming/grab test:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s91/HeadHunter_album/Heaters/destroyedserpa.jpg

And as well as with most of the anecdotes and stories of issues, it sure seems like the holster holds up and works very differently with different guns.

There's always the "your finger will curl and you'll shoot yourself, Tex" dislike for the holster, which is a shooter problem more than a holster problem, IMO.  It's also a problem that is much more prevalent with Glocks, and less with Berettas or anything else.

There's also the con that serpas can get jammed up with snow (sort of a regional issue there) or sand (haven't seen it, but I believe it)... but that can hold true with other holsters, too.

As an observation from somebody who hasn't really had any problems with them, I might well be apprehensive about using certain pistols together with serpas because they do seem less compatible.

--

ETA:

For OC, riding around the ranch or out on trails or something, it's got retention and works fine... though I'm now convinced that's dependent on how well the pistol gets along with the holster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-

fit other guns (USP Compact SERPA fits at least 5 different firearms that I've been able to find and still work). I've used belt loops and paddles. I've used the MOLLE adapter and the drop leg platform.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g476/Green_Traffic/Broken%20HK/image008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/schenninge/GUN%20STUFF/20110727155816.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s91/HeadHunter_album/Heaters/destroyedserpa.jpg

--

ETA:

with all the high quality leather kydex hybrid and kydex holsters out there serpas are irrelevant.

Hmmm, I still have that POS holster in the second photo just to remind me how much SERPAs suck and how Blackhawks CS people were willing to ignore the catastrophic disassembly problem when I met with them.

What a horrible holster design!

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
-
Hmmm, I still have that POS holster in the second photo just to remind me how much SERPAs suck and how Blackhawks CS people were willing to ignore the catastrophic disassembly problem when I met with them.

What a horrible holster design!  
View Quote

When did you get it, or when was it made?

I've read the early ones had some pretty bad issues with coming apart.  I didn't really like the idea of them for a long time due to other reasons, then ended up with one and found it worked.

However, the earliest ones I have are from 2011 or so, so some of the problems others encountered may have been fixed by the time I got mine.

There's even been occasional discussion elsewhere about fixes being implemented.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Do the anti-Serpa people curl their finger inwards during the draw so it slips right in the trigger guard when it clears? If so you've been doing it wrong weather it's a Serpa or not. I tried to find a picture of this, but every one I can find in Google images of a gun being drawn has the finger flat along their leather or kydex holsters. If the same was done with a Serpa like you're supposed to the button would be pushed and the finger would be along side and above the trigger guard.

ETA: If your trigger finger looks like this when you're drawing from any holster, you'll eventually learn all about Darwin.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/811faf5dacce52d9145e86987e3e4376/tumblr_myjbvlYUmE1s9334fo2_500.jpg

Right way.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/armed-senior-citizen-drawing-glock.jpg

http://files.harrispublications.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2012/11/5B_phatchfinal.jpg

http://thewellarmedwoman.com/image/data/the-well-armed-woman-articles/shooting-technique/annieo_draw_purplecropped.jpg

http://www.usacarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/drawing-concealed-carry-steps-tips.jpg
View Quote
The funny thing about muscle memory and why it's not always new shooters that have serpa bangs is explained looking at your pictures

If you don't understand what part the finger position and muscle memory plays I can explain further.

IMHO the lock was not designed by a shooter that understand that.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The funny thing about muscle memory and why it's not always new shooters that have serpa bangs is explained looking at your pictures

If you don't understand what part the finger position and muscle memory plays I can explain further.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://41.media.tumblr.com/811faf5dacce52d9145e86987e3e4376/tumblr_myjbvlYUmE1s9334fo2_500.jpg

Right way.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/armed-senior-citizen-drawing-glock.jpg
http://files.harrispublications.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2012/11/5B_phatchfinal.jpg
http://thewellarmedwoman.com/image/data/the-well-armed-woman-articles/shooting-technique/annieo_draw_purplecropped.jpg
http://www.usacarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/drawing-concealed-carry-steps-tips.jpg

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Right way.

View Quote
This is correct, if you manage to ND because you don't train with your equipment and or can't read a user's manual, shame on you. Used the Serpa CQC with a Glock professionally for years, that's 8-12 hrs daily, in a suit which I never even managed to get the lining caught in the mechanism. So does everyone else I work with. Magically we've never had an ND.  For uniformed work, of course I'd rather have something more robust such as a SL Raptor, ALS, SSIII, etc.  Some people should just carry pepper spray and a rape whistle.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
When did you get it, or when was it made?

I've read the early ones had some pretty bad issues with coming apart.  I didn't really like the idea of them for a long time due to other reasons, then ended up with one and found it worked.

However, the earliest ones I have are from 2011 or so, so some of the problems others encountered may have been fixed by the time I got mine.

There's even been occasional discussion elsewhere about fixes being implemented.
View Quote
February 2011 was date stamp on the holsters we tested.  

Unless they completely redesign the holsters the things that are problems with the design; the method of affixing the holster to the shank, prone to locking up in snow, button being activated by the seat belt on multiple occasions of the Ford CVPI and in general the poor quality of the holster and accessories.  The Safariland holsters beat them hands down, no question.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
-

Unless they completely redesign the holsters the things that are problems with the design; the method of affixing the holster to the shank, prone to locking up in snow, button being activated by the seat belt on multiple occasions of the Ford CVPI and in general the poor quality of the holster and accessories.  The Safariland holsters beat them hands down, no question.  

View Quote

Ones I own I think are mostly mid-late 2011.

The holster attachment I haven't found to be an issue.  Looks like yours in the one photo had a spacer in it - did you use different screw lengths to make sure it would reach the same depth to hold the holster in place?  I don't think I've ever used a spacer, so different experience there.  Maybe they adjusted the formula for the plastic a bit, too.  Dunno.

Locking up in the snow I'd bet is still an issue - I don't live where it snows, so it's just not an issue for me.  Obviously different regions may mean different gear.

I've had the tabs on top activated by seatbelts, but never the button release.  The top-break tab (I have some with, some without) gets caught in pack straps pretty easy, and while it's frustrating, it's not difficult to work free.

I still think there's a difference on how effective the serpas are based on which gun is in that holster as well.

The Safarilands you mean are the ALS, correct?  They seem huge, though that probably isn't an issue depending on application.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The holster attachment I haven't found to be an issue.  Looks like yours in the one photo had a spacer in it - did you use different screw lengths to make sure it would reach the same depth to hold the holster in place?  I don't think I've ever used a spacer, so different experience there.  Maybe they adjusted the formula for the plastic a bit, too.  Dunno.

Locking up in the snow I'd bet is still an issue - I don't live where it snows, so it's just not an issue for me.  Obviously different regions may mean different gear.

I've had the tabs on top activated by seatbelts, but never the button release.  The top-break tab (I have some with, some without) gets caught in pack straps pretty easy, and while it's frustrating, it's not difficult to work free.

I still think there's a difference on how effective the serpas are based on which gun is in that holster as well.

The Safarilands you mean are the ALS, correct?  They seem huge, though that probably isn't an issue depending on application.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

-

Yes, the ALS.  

Regarding the seatbelt, one of our concerns was drawing the pistol while seated and buckled in the patrol vehicle.  The way the CVPI seatbelts are designed, the holster locking mechanism was completely covered by the seatbelt locking mechanism.  It did cause some problems while doing drills under stress.  The seatbelt in the CVPI is similar to many vehicles.  Other posters may want to keep this in mind.  

Regarding the correct screw length, when I initially met with the Blackhawk rep, screw length was also their first concern.  However, they checked and the correct screws were used.  Their reply was something to the effect of "This doesn't happen."  I informed them that this happened on 2 other holsters, their reply?  "You're doing something wrong."   Ok, yeah, just doing disarming drills for duty holsters.  God knows, no one ever tries to grab a cops handgun.  

The poor results in our testing of the holster, the poor quality of materials of the holster, poor design and the reps (the second meeting was even worse - arrogance on their part was something to behold) really left an impression on me.  I guess it could be said I'm not a fan of their holsters.  Months of realistic, hard testing helped form that opinion.  I certainty went into the testing with a open mind.  It didn't end that way!

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#35]
If a complete IDIOT can't work a holster, he probably shouldn't be handling firearms!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

If a complete IDIOT can't work a holster, he probably shouldn't be handling firearms!
View Quote
You're right, but unfortunately that statement doesn't have anything to do with the conversation.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:58:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even snow will keep a serpa from releasing the gun...

Just get a safariland ALS if you want a retention holster that has less of a chance of trapping the gun inside it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 1:41:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Just get a safariland ALS if you want a retention holster that has less of a chance of trapping the gun inside it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Right?

I think it's telling that there is so much drama, spotlighting of failures, contention and so one and so forth, but tons of other high end retention holsters...  never hear a bad word.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 12:52:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

personal experience?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this isn't GD

personal experience?

Yes
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:52:28 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not agreeing with you if that makes any sense.

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Right?  

I think it's telling that there is so much drama, spotlighting of failures, contention and so one and so forth, but tons of other high end retention holsters...  never hear a bad word.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Right?  

People will defend their shitty purchase choices to the bitter end. You cannot reason with an unreasonable person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top