Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 10:57:48 AM EDT
It would be for an mp9. It seems like kydex is popular setup for this style of carry. Which ones are popopular for this set up.

Thanks

Jon
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Raven Concealment.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Raven Concealment.
View Quote

Are we talking about the phantom? Few questions

What belt loops do I want?

Do I want a full body shield?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Raven Concealment.

Maximum concealment you want the standard loops.  Larger body types might benefit from the pancake wings.  QMS loops aren't as stable but they are easier to take off.  

Full shield will give you more protection against your body.  It also make reholstering easier.

Short shield is a faster draw.  

Personally I like a short shield for OWB as my thumb hits the kydex with a full shield and it's distracting.  Full shield for IWB applications though.

Whatever you get a good belt is a requirement for proper retention and concealment.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Maximum concealment you want the standard loops.  Larger body types might benefit from the pancake wings.  QMS loops aren't as stable but they are easier to take off.  

Full shield will give you more protection against your body.  It also make reholstering easier.

Personally I like a short shield for OWB as my thumb hits the kydex with a full shield and it's distracting.  Full shield for IWB applications though.

Whatever you get a good belt is a requirement for proper retention and concealment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Raven Concealment.

Hey thanks for the input. Very helpful. Do you use a raven as well? Anyone else have a preference for owb with a light?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used a Bravo Concealment BCA (kydex) holster for a few months now, both IWB and OWB. Very pleased with it so far.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Raven Concealment Phantom for me as well.  Standard loops 1.5 for OWB and soft loops for IWB.  Both loops are really stable however, I am looking at the pancake loops as well.  Others have stated that they add even more stability to an already stable holster.  

I went with the short body shield option as I like to obtain a full firing grip when I draw, but that is what works for me, YMMV.  
This rides on either a 1.5 OSOE rigid cobra duty belt or a Galco CB3 concealable contour belt.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Raven Concealment Phantom for me as well.  Standard loops 1.5 for OWB and soft loops for IWB.  Both loops are really stable however I am looking at the pancake loops as well.  Others have stated that they add even more stability to an already stable holster.  

I went with the short body shield option as I like to obtain a full firing grip when I draw, but that is what works for me, YMMV.  
This rides on either a 1.5 OSOE rigid cobra duty belt or a Galco CB3 concealable contour belt.
View Quote

I got a kydex holster from a non big name company. They offer the pancake wings as a no charge option.

My Glock 23 in their OWB holster with pancake wings rides very tight to the body, much tighter than my Glock 27 in a Bravo Concealment OWB holster with standard loops. When I can carry a 23 OWB easier than a 27 because it's tucked in tighter, I'm taking the 23 everyday. Pancake wings are awesome.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I got a kydex holster from a non big name company. They offer the pancake wings as a no charge option.

My Glock 23 in their OWB holster with pancake wings rides very tight to the body, much tighter than my Glock 27 in a Bravo Concealment OWB holster with standard loops. When I can carry a 23 OWB easier than a 27 because it's tucked in tighter, I'm taking the 23 everyday. Pancake wings are awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Raven Concealment Phantom for me as well.  Standard loops 1.5 for OWB and soft loops for IWB.  Both loops are really stable however I am looking at the pancake loops as well.  Others have stated that they add even more stability to an already stable holster.  

With this information it looks like I will be ordering a set of Pancake Wings!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:40:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Night and day difference. OWB carry went from day off carry and not giving a shit if I printed, to my daily method, carrying at a non gun friendly work place.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:20:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Raven Concealment.
View Quote

+1

Have a Raven Phantom tuckable (no intention of ever tucking a shirt over my CCW, though) for my G19 with TLR-1 HL. I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I vote Raven as well. I carry either a full size 1911 with a TLR-1 or a M&P9 with a RMR and TLR-1 every day OWB. Reload in a Raven mag holder too. I use a Ares Ranger belt. My holsters have the regular belt loops, no sweat shield ( I want my thumb on the safty at the beginning of the draw) and I get what they call the "MagPul" cut. Where they trim the front corners off. It's more comfortable when kneeling down.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I went with the raven after numerous suggestions on here and IRL. Got the pancake wings and softs for tucking
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top