Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2015 10:07:59 AM EDT
I like Kydex holsters rather than leather since getting a Bravo Concealment RTT.

I OWB carry a Glock 19 with untucked shirt everyday.

The weak link is my current belt. I have a nylon belt but it is too long and I am not wild about the buckle

I just bought a Glock 17 for concealed carry and am going to buy a new rig.

What belt size (1.5 or 1.75) would you suggest I go with, and what brand of synthetic material belt would you recommend?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 1.5" wide leather belt.  Made by Amish in the area.  Great quality, bought two, haven't needed to use the 2nd one yet.  And they were really cheap.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I like 1.75 for owb.  I'd probably get an Aeres Gear Aegis.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an Ares Gear 1.5 Ranger belt that I wear every day. Best belt i have ever owned.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you!

Just ordered Ares Aegis Belt.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an Ares Gear 1.5 Ranger belt that I wear every day. Best belt i have ever owned.
View Quote

This this and this some more OP

Eta. Good choice
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:15:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Any high quality gun belt brand will do (Ares, OSOE, Volund etc), you just may want to avoid the cobra buckles for a carry belt. The ghook work much better and are much lower profile.
As for width, I personally prefer going as wide as my belt loops will allow, so I have edc belts in both 1.5 and 1.75 to accommodate my different pants. For me it helps eliminate any excess pant material fold over that the belt doesn't cover. As a bonus, the 1.75 belt adds some extra support.
For material I prefer nylon. Although leather belts are nice, they absorb sweat and can discolor rather easily. Any of the good nylon gun belt mfgs will usually use scuba webbing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#7]
As stated. ares ranger.  I have worn out a wilderness 5 stitch and broke the kydex inside a comp-tac leather belt. The Ares Ranger has held up long after those other belts gave up. I considered ordering a second to have as a spare, but I don't think this belt will wear out.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Ares ranger or the beltman leather. I also have a 5stich wilderness that is used. All 3 belts are 1.5" & all 3 get used & trust all of them to carry my gear & still hold my slacks up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top