Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2015 8:52:51 AM EDT
I was wondering and even though I have my CCW. Let's say I didn't. Can I carry concealed in my own place of business??? I know there's thread specifically for these questions but I can't find it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#1]
In South Carolina, a person can concealed carry with or without a permit on their own property, or fixed place of business.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about every state, I assume it varies. I know in some states it is legal though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Arizona has constitutional carry so you can carry whether you have a permit or not. Assuming your bussiness does not serve alcohol and doesnt have a sign.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn the man!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, every state is different. When I lived in CT, if you didn't have a carry permit, the gun could only go from the place of purchase to your home or business. No transporting it back and forth. Couldn't even take it to the range.  So if you wanted it at work, that's where it had to stay.   One of the few exceptions was if you were actually moving your belongings to a new residence, you could transport it as part of your household goods.

The upside was that a permit there was pretty easy to get, it was the same cost and paperwork as a "permit to purchase", so nobody bothered with anything but a carry permit.

If you have a question on a particular state, either try the link someone else posted, or try the Hometown forum for wherever you have a question.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
its legal in New Mexico
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In South Carolina, a person can concealed carry with or without a permit on their own property, or fixed place of business.
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2014/790.25

FL says place of business is ok. However not sure of it needs to be open or concealed. I do not see that specified.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top