Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:31:00 AM EDT
Hey guys i'm looking for some ideas on which hybrid holster I should get for summer carry for my S&W M&P9c, so what are you guys using?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Comp-Tac M-Tac off all the hybrid leather kydex holsters it has the best finished product.
They really go the extra mile to make the holster look finished.  The kydex has no sharp edges, corners, or burs.  IMO the best belt clips easy to get on and off and sturdy to use the holster.

http://www.comp-tac.com/inside-the-waistband/mtac-holster-10225
On pretty much every holiday they have sales so sign up for the mailing list and they send out notifications.  Valentines day I bet they will have them 10-15% off.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Comp-Tac M-Tac off all the hybrid leather kydex holsters it has the best finished product.
They really go the extra mile to make the holster look finished.  The kydex has no sharp edges, corners, or burs.  IMO the best belt clips easy to get on and off and sturdy to use the holster.

http://www.comp-tac.com/inside-the-waistband/mtac-holster-10225
On pretty much every holiday they have sales so sign up for the mailing list and they send out notifications.  Valentines day I bet they will have them 10-15% off.
View Quote

Also my favorite hybrid.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer the MTAC over the other hybrids as well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Garrett Industries Silent Thunder. It is their old Fusion design kydex holster with leather lining. I have a couple and love them...although pricey.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#5]
North-Central Illinois Custom Kydex

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Two of mine my PPS and Glock holsters.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Edgecrusher

Are those both MTAC? I saw the Spartan version at my LGS for $60ish and seemed reasonable, do you have any experience with that line that Comp-Tac puts out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Edgecrusher

Are those both MTAC? I saw the Spartan version at my LGS for $60ish and seemed reasonable, do you have any experience with that line that Comp-Tac puts out.
View Quote

Both MTAC's I also have one of the brown leather MTAC's for my P7.  The Spartan is similar but does not have the leather backing that covers the metal hardware.  I prefer the MTC because of the leather backing keeps the excessive sweating I do in the summer from getting the the hardware of the holster that is placed against the body.  If you look close some of my screws have surface rusting but that is because I live in South Texas I wear them in the heat of the summer and I sweat.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#9]
M-TAC is my favorite by far.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Aliengear
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Comp-Tac MTAC, or maybe Infidel Ultra.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#13]
havent tried the m tac but i can say crossbreed>alien gear
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I run a Comp Tac M-Tac for my G19 in all sorts of weather and dress. Even works well in shorts and T-shirt. I have an alien gear IWB for a Hi-Power and it is ok, but nowhere near as good as the M-Tac.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Sweating isn't as big of an issue up here in New Hampshire, but is something to take note of thank you. I noticed the iwb mag pouch, is that something you would recommend as well?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:07:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sweating isn't as big of an issue up here in New Hampshire, but is something to take note of thank you. I noticed the iwb mag pouch, is that something you would recommend as well?
View Quote

I recently got the Comp-Tac leather IWB mag pouch. It takes a little getting used to, but once you do it is comfortable. I Always carry a reload now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#17]
My MTAC is super comfortable.  The alien gear I received yesterday is nowhere near as comfortable.  

The alien gear will be going back.

ETA: neoprene "2.0" model. It is very wide (clip to clip) compared to the MTAC and takes up to much space across the back.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Running the old alien gear with leather not the 2.0 with neoprene.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#19]
CrossBreed Super Tuck
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#20]

I've had a Crossbreed Supertuck w/horsehide for 4-5 years now. It has been my go-to holster for 1911's, but I was switching to a G21, so decided to try out a plain leather Alien Gear.

The Alien Gear is 99% the holster the Supertuck is, but almost a third the price. I will be buying more Alien Gear holsters for any new pistols I want to IWB carry. It makes my G21 disappear and is more comfortable than my Crossbreed.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#21]
My crossbreed super tuck is working great with my shield. Lots of mtac fans in here. I feel like the whole month wait that some of these companies have is driving people to look elsewhere
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I like my Alien Gear 2.0 with my G23.     Pretty comfy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I have only used CrossBreed for 9mm sized Glocks and Alien Gear for my Shield (the older one without the neoprene backing). Out of the two, CrossBreed, hands down. It is more comfortable than the Alien Gear and the gun fits better in the CrossBreed, although given that the CrossBreed is for a Glock and the Alien Gear is for a Shield, I don't know if the comparison is completely valid. The Alien Gear seems to allow the gun to move front-to-back quite a bit when holstered. Retention is good, but the gun has some movement. I really can't explain why the Alien Gear is less comfortable, it just is. That said, the Alien Gear is still more comfortable than a lot of other holsters I have tried and would be a good choice if on a budget. If I had it to do over, I would have bought a CrossBreed for my Shield, but I was happy enough with the Alien Gear that I didn't send it back and still use it during the summer months when I carry my Shield.

Bub75
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Old Faithful or Alien gear.

They work VERY well with my Rock 1911 and Sig SP2022 .40.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:25:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hey guys i'm looking for some ideas on which hybrid holster I should get for summer carry for my S&W M&P9c, so what are you guys using?
View Quote

Crossbreed, the Alien Gear one let the magazine release hit me in the side.  The downside it is harder to grasp the pistol.  
ETA, the Crossbreed on the left has a Glock 19, the Alien Gear on the right has a Sig P290RS.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top