Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2015 9:32:46 PM EDT
I picked up a VP9 and a TLR4 yesterday and need a holster to carry them.  I've got boxes filled with holsters but have never had a light bearing holster so I could use some advice and recommendations.

This is for IWB carry, and while I'd prefer a full kydex holster, I'll consider all options.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Give these guys a look:

Zero Concealment

They made a Glock / light holster for me last year.  Decent price, decent wait, decent holster.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I like zero concealment as well but not for IWB. The jigs used for molding Kydex light bearing holsters make for some uncomfortable edges against body for all day carry.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like zero concealment as well but not for IWB. The jigs used for molding Kydex light bearing holsters make for some uncomfortable edges against body for all day carry.
View Quote

Maybe a thin leather backer would cure that?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Kolbeson Leatherworks Tac-Hybrid that I've had for a few years and an Armordillo Concealment X-fer that I just picked up. The X-fer isn't as comfortable As the Kolbeson (which should be evident by looking at it) but is much better than trying to IWB a conventional Raven concealment holster, especially if you're skinny.

I usually provide pics for reference but it's a PITA to do from a phone
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would probably help but I doubt I could still be comfortable with it[3 o'clock position for me- right on the hip bone].  I do SuperTuck IWB so it's hard to call anything else comfortable. When I run a light I do it OWB.

The ZCS has some very bad edges and it becomes uncomfortable even OWB after a 8 hr class.

I'm not very fluffy 150 5'9" so that may be part of it idk.

ETA friend of mine carries full Kydex IWB with light comfortably at the appendix position.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a Kolbeson Leatherworks Tac-Hybrid that I've had for a few years and an Armordillo Concealment X-fer that I just picked up. The X-fer isn't as comfortable As the Kolbeson (which should be evident by looking at it) but is much better than trying to IWB a conventional Raven concealment holster, especially if you're skinny.

View Quote

A lot of people would like a Tac-Hybrid, but not a lot of people want to wait 12 months to get one. The amount of business that guy is missing out on because of absurd lead times must be ridiculous.  Hire some help already.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A lot of people would like a Tac-Hybrid, but not a lot of people want to wait 12 months to get one. The amount of business that guy is missing out on because of absurd lead times must be ridiculous.  Hire some help already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I visited his page after I posed that. I agree, that is an awful wait time. When I bought mine it was about 4 months.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I picked up a VP9 and a TLR4 yesterday and need a holster to carry them.  I've got boxes filled with holsters but have never had a light bearing holster so I could use some advice and recommendations.

This is for IWB carry, and while I'd prefer a full kydex holster, I'll consider all options.
View Quote

Sample of an OWB Light Bearing from www.nickydex.com

They can make IWBs too

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I visited his page after I posed that. I agree, that is an awful wait time. When I bought mine it was about 4 months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I'm guessing yours isn't for sale then?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I purchased a light bearing holster from Swap Rig Holsters for a Steyr S9-A1 w/TLR-4g and an extra shell for an M9-A1 w/TLR-1HP.

Looks like a VP9 w/tlr4 would be just about $70, depending on options and shipping..

The price was very reasonable and I had everything in my hands 6 business days after placing the order. (I placed the order the day after Christmas)

The holster is the standard hybrid leather back with kydex shell, lots of belt loop/hook options.

The other thing they include is a kydex backer that sits against the leather, which is meant to increase retention, but it also keeps the light from scratching up the leather.  I used the holster for a few days and found the screws on the TLR-4 & TLR-1 were digging into the leather pretty good so i put on the kydex backer and added a spacer to the screws mounting the holster so the kydex just acted as a shield.

I went with the swaptuck, which is IWB only, but their other model, the Revolution can be used IWB or OWB with built-in belt pass-throughs in the leather.

I've used SHTF gear, Dara and Alien Gear (v1 & v2) holsters in the past for my steyrs and other handguns, i've been very satisfied with Swaprig and their shipping was crazy fast compared to Dara & Alien Gear.  SHTF Gear had a non-light bearing holster for the S9-A1 in my hands 5 days after placing the order.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 6:43:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Fraid not

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#12]
There is always JM Custom. Lead time is about 8 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I got mine from Evnash here on the forum.

Don't have a pic right now, but this is the same as mine except mine is black.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:46:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I IWB a Bravo Concealment BCA, no problems to speak of.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I just ordered a KT-Mech for my VP with the X-300u. I plan on using Comp Tac clips with it. I'll probably laminate on some type of durable fabric on the back as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top