Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2015 11:19:21 PM EDT
What took me so friggin long?!?

I always carried OWB, never tried IWB since I was SURE they would be crazy uncomfortable.  

My Glock 19 OWB would always get uncomfortable fast.  Digging into my side, being uncomfortable while driving, and no matter how tight I made it, it felt like it was pulling away from my body.  Not to mention printing.

I took a chance and picked up a Crossbreed IWB from the EE here and started wearing it today.....what a difference.

If there is still anyone left on the fence about carrying IWB - take it from me, take a chance on it and try it out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:39:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Similar story here...traded on ee and the sig I ended up with came with a Galco kingtuc. Tried the holster out and was blown away by how easy it was to conceal, comfortably, a p226r with a 20 round mag. Like blowing my mind, changing my life kind of shit lol. Makes me angry at myself I didn't try it sooner.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:48:26 AM EDT
[#2]
What holster were you wearing when carrying OWB?

I carry AIWB since it is easiest to hide at work, but I prefer OWB when I'm not at work.

ETA: right now when I carry OWB, I don't think at all about printing, not illegal where I live, but it would be nice to find a good OWB holster that I conceals well enough I'd trust it not to print horribly at work.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 2:18:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I carry AIWB since it is easiest to hide at work, but I prefer OWB when I'm not at work.

ETA: right now when I carry OWB, I don't think at all about printing, not illegal where I live, but it would be nice to find a good OWB holster that I conceals well enough I'd trust it not to print horribly at work.
View Quote

Various brands, have a leather Galco owb and a blade tech for my 1911 and for my g17 I have a bravo concealment owb. All great holsters to be sure and I will always use my owb holsters when I'm on my property and such. In oregon I can open carry loaded with my ccl anywhere, printing is no biggee, but I have a whole new level of joy with the hybrid concept, I'm shopping for each of my guns right now.

IMHO, for owb cc, my favorite for limited to no printing is blade tech. And I carry full size guns.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 5:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Various brands, have a leather Galco owb and a blade tech for my 1911 and for my g17 I have a bravo concealment owb. All great holsters to be sure and I will always use my owb holsters when I'm on my property and such. In oregon I can open carry loaded with my ccl anywhere, printing is no biggee, but I have a whole new level of joy with the hybrid concept, I'm shopping for each of my guns right now.

IMHO, for owb cc, my favorite for limited to no printing is blade tech. And I carry full size guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use a Tucker pancake for everything. It's a better carrying holster. Plastic holsters never seem comfortable to me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't mind printing for the most part, and most people are totally oblivious to it, but I just like to not make it obvious sometimes that I am carrying.

For OWB the best I have is a custom kydex that has a slight bend to it, so it sticks pretty close to my side.  Beyond that.....I have tried a bunch.  From Serpas, Safariland, Galco pancakes, a couple Bianchis, some custom leather, etc.
I had a guy make a heavy gun belt and that helped a ton, but still it was just uncomfortable to me at times.  I read a long time ago that carrying should be like wearing socks.  You know they are there but they should not be something that stands out to you as being there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I did the opposite, finally went to OWB with a good belt and raven style holster. now carrying is truly omfortable and actualy hides better for me. the gun is still held just as tight to your body with the right gear...
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:39:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I did the opposite, finally went to OWB with a good belt and raven style holster. now carrying is truly omfortable and actualy hides better for me. the gun is still held just as tight to your body with the right gear...
View Quote

This.

I used to carry IWB. My Raven Concealment carries my M&P9c quite well. My Beltman 1.5" bull hide belt does an awesome job holding it together.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
That's funny OP, I wondered why I waited so long to go OWB from IWB.  I've got a 19 on my hip now and forget it's there most of the time.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm like the OP. I have a OWB holster that i don't like, it sticks too close to my hip and digs in while sitting down. I got an Alien Gear IWB and it's perfect for me. Very comfortable and i can wear anything with it and it doesn't print at all. Glad it worked out for you too OP!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What took me so friggin long?!?

I always carried OWB, never tried IWB since I was SURE they would be crazy uncomfortable.  

My Glock 19 OWB would always get uncomfortable fast.  Digging into my side, being uncomfortable while driving, and no matter how tight I made it, it felt like it was pulling away from my body.  Not to mention printing.

I took a chance and picked up a Crossbreed IWB from the EE here and started wearing it today.....what a difference.

If there is still anyone left on the fence about carrying IWB - take it from me, take a chance on it and try it out.
View Quote

I have carried IWB for nearly 15 years.  There is no comparison for concealability if you wear a good belt and holster.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I have enough trouble getting me inside a waist band.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I had the opposite experience. I wear a size 29 waist, 30 is too big and makes me look like a Ferguson protester, and I can't fit anything in my waist band comfortably. I carry a Glock 19 OWB in a Galco Combat Master.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I had the opposite experience. I wear a size 29 waist, 30 is too big and makes me look like a Ferguson protester, and I can't fit anything in my waist band comfortably. I carry a Glock 19 OWB in a Galco Combat Master.
View Quote

Have you tried carrying appendix IWB? I've got a friend with the same build as you and he switched to AIWB a year ago and hasn't looked back. Granted he's not carrying an M&P45 but a G19, Shield, Smith J frames all work for him.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That's funny OP, I wondered why I waited so long to go OWB from IWB.  I've got a 19 on my hip now and forget it's there most of the time.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top