Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2015 11:52:02 AM EDT
I love the feeling of the Talon grips on my G19, but I carry IWB (either 12:00 or 4:00) and the "sandpaper" feeling absolutely destroys my bareskin.

Also, even when I wear an undershirt, it makes printing a more common problem because my outer layer tends to get 'stuck' on the grip if I twist my torso at all.

Anybody ever have the same problem with aftermarket grips on their IWB EDC?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried the "sandpaper" Talons when I carried a 27 IWB. Same issues, so I took them off. I was going to give the rubber ones a try but I've since started carrying a Gen 4 26. It doesn't need anything else so I never tried them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a soft rubber Hogue Hand-All on my Glocks.  I've tried EVERYTHING.  The Hand-All is what I like best!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry AIWB with sandpaper grips. I wear a wife beater under my shirts and it doesn't bother me. If you need the grip you might have to look into stippling your pistol if the rubber grips don't give you the grip texture you need. I didn't care for the rubber grips because when wet or bloody it would still be slick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top