Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  No, it isn't the correct signage.  It has to be posted in both english and spanish to meet the letter of the law.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:  No, it isn't the correct signage.  It has to be posted in both english and spanish to meet the letter of the law.  

(B) a sign posted on the property that:
(i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
- See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/7/30/30.06#sthash.ApRCtY7x.dpuf

Good catch.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to say,"Good catch" en espanol.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Just ignore it.  Am I missing something here?   Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 3:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:  Just ignore it.  Am I missing something here?   Concealed means concealed.
View Quote

Yes.  If it's a valid 30.06 sign in Texas, and you get caught carrying on that property, you lose your CHL in Texas.  Hence the happy discovery they forgot to post it en Espanol, which means it's not a valid 30.06 sign.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 3:44:49 AM EDT
[#4]
If I were a sociopath given power within a corporation to tell law-abiding, mentally sound adults that they couldn't defend themselves against my brethren, and some of those same law-abiding mentally sound adults petitioned me to change my mind... my reaction would be NSFL.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No reason to patronize that business
View Quote

+1
Shop elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

+1
Shop elsewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No reason to patronize that business

+1
Shop elsewhere.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Good thing I don't want their hippy, metrosexual, skinny jeans wearing, tofu fruit latte bullshit anyway.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, it is the proper signage.
They did their homework.
Thanks for the help.
View Quote

although IIRC it IS suppose to be in both English and Spanish, no?

i wonder if it's just a local thing tho.  i don't remember seeing signage at the one here.
but since they mentioned the alcohol part it may be a legal requirement to bar firearms and not a personal anti-gun thing?  tho i could be wrong.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I just take my business where it is wanted.  None of the other grocery stores in my area participate in such nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Just stop buying stuff there - fuck them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes.  If it's a valid 30.06 sign in Texas, and you get caught carrying on that property, you lose your CHL in Texas.  Hence the happy discovery they forgot to post it en Espanol, which means it's not a valid 30.06 sign.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Just ignore it.  Am I missing something here?   Concealed means concealed.

Damn I thought Texas had good gun laws.   In Florida you just ignore it.  If the property owner catches you they can ban you from the property but that's a private property issue.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Meh, it is their house, their rules.

Forbid your Household 6 from spending any money there though.
View Quote
This. Private property rights just as important as 2A. Focus on legalizing carry in schools/hospitals/church.  Why would you want to do business with them anyway? Petitioning them to change insinuates you will shop there when they drop the prohibition. Even if they change policy, they are doing it because they are whores.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Damn I thought Texas had good gun laws.   In Florida you just ignore it.  If the property owner catches you they can ban you from the property but that's a private property issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In TX, the sign is "notice that entry is forbidden" which means you can be charged with Class A trespassing on the spot, not just warned and released. Not something I would want to play with.  Most people probably use the 12/6 rule anyway...  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top