Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 9:48:17 PM EDT
Hoping to hear suggestions for a fixed blade knife, 3" to 4"  blade,  costing around the $50?  I'd like to carry it on my belt at my 6 oclock position, horizontally.  I'm hoping for ease in attaching so probably a kydex holster would be the way to secure it.

If anyone does this with their EDC back up blade please chime in!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:20:57 AM EDT
[#1]
No firsthand experience, but am considering THIS knife at some point.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hoping to hear suggestions for a fixed blade knife, 3" to 4"  blade,  costing around the $50?  I'd like to carry it on my belt at my 6 oclock position, horizontally.  I'm hoping for ease in attaching so probably a kydex holster would be the way to secure it.

If anyone does this with their EDC back up blade please chime in!

Thanks!
View Quote

Bit smaller but an ESEE Izula or Becker ESKABAR.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw that Gerber just after I posted this.  I think that will be a good choice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw that Gerber just after I posted this.  I think that will be a good choice.
View Quote

I have one. Never thought to carry like that.
Normally its by my beltbuckle. at 11
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess maybe I should start a new thread?  Where's the best place on the body to carry a defensive fixed blade?  After seeing the poor bastard carrying concealed get mugged by a "do gooder" at a Fla WallyWorld I'm thinking of it more and more!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Benchmade HK Instigator. Found for roughly $35. Wouldn't carry at SOB though, maybe 1 o'clock.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry this at 4 o clock when I'm not carrying my endura. Not quite $50 though
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No firsthand experience, but am considering THIS knife at some point.
View Quote

Not bad... but like a previous poster I would not carry at 6 o'clock maybe anywhere from 1 to 5.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Carrying items in the small of your back can easily cause a spinal injury.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 on the izula, great knife and great company and you can rig the sheath to work for your needs
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
+1 on the izula, great knife and great company and you can rig the sheath to work for your needs
View Quote

Agreed. Carried at 10 o'clock it is reachable by both hands and you never notice it is there.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree with your opinions.  Not considering in the small of back now.  Carried a TDi on my left side for a few days.  The holster it comes with needs to be upgraded though.

What model Spyderco is that?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Benchmade HK Instigator. Found for roughly $35. Wouldn't carry at SOB though, maybe 1 o'clock.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71iitX9ucAL._SX522_.jpg
View Quote

Can that be belt carried?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I agree with your opinions.  Not considering in the small of back now.  Carried a TDi on my left side for a few days.  The holster it comes with needs to be upgraded though.

What model Spyderco is that?
View Quote

It's a spyderco mule team 19. They make them in a few different steels every year. Mine is PSF27
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#15]
This Izula feels pretty great at about 4 o'clock, I have carried it at about 11 o'clock when carrying a handgun but not often

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71iitX9ucAL._SX522_.jpg

I haven't tried, as I bought it to get a new sheath and carry it IWB, but my state laws won't allow it. Your laws may vary, of course.

I am getting an EDC bag worked out and will have it on the strap I believe. Still plotting on that.

The sheath that comes with it is OK, but I would want something more like the ones shown above for it for belt carry.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Recommend NOT doing SOB but rather 11-1 o'clock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top