Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Which is what I am. Was provided a link over regarding "George". Will be giving JM a call.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which is what I am. Was provided a link over regarding "George". Will be giving JM a call.

Thanks.
View Quote

You're doing this right.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I am sure I am not the only one who has found that when carrying AIWB that i wear my belt looser than when carrying at 330. It adds more comfort, has the same retention, and does not move around any more than when it's tighter.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am sure I am not the only one who has found that when carrying AIWB that i wear my belt looser than when carrying at 330. It adds more comfort, has the same retention, and does not move around any more than when it's tighter.
View Quote

Agreed, it is far more comfortable after a nice big Sunday dinner ;)
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got a JM Custom AIWB the other day.  It's for my G26, but I ordered a G17 size with extra tuck, 1.5 split loop, low ride, minimal wedge, and full sweat shield.  It's a nice holster, no doubt.  I am new to appendix carry however, and while it seems comfortable, the added waistline bulk makes it a bit hard to conceal.  Am I doing something wrong?  Can I wear this with shorts and a t-shirt, or am I asking too much?  I am kinda wishing I had gone with the high ride, as getting a good repeatable grip on the 26 with the low ride is a challenge.  Although the high ride might be even harder to conceal, not sure.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Aiwb is a balance between tuck bulk and comfort. I would have gone with George model as 26 is short and doesn't need a much tuck.

Email jm and ask about it.  It seems they have great cs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:06:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just got a JM Custom AIWB the other day.  It's for my G26, but I ordered a G17 size with extra tuck, 1.5 split loop, low ride, minimal wedge, and full sweat shield.  It's a nice holster, no doubt.  I am new to appendix carry however, and while it seems comfortable, the added waistline bulk makes it a bit hard to conceal.  Am I doing something wrong?  Can I wear this with shorts and a t-shirt, or am I asking too much?  I am kinda wishing I had gone with the high ride, as getting a good repeatable grip on the 26 with the low ride is a challenge.  Although the high ride might be even harder to conceal, not sure.
View Quote

^ I use a J&M AIWB for my M&P 9C with shorts and T-shirt almost daily here in FL and I love it, very concealable even with extended magazine inserted. Regarding the waistline bulk if you position the slide at 0* vertical in the natural crease between your groin and your inner thigh the bulk should go away if you have a flat tummy. Try that out and see if that helps. If you didn't get the extra tuck option you should have LOL, but you can always add something to the holster yourself as well that serves the same purpose for extra comfort and to get the easiest solid grip possible.

The G26 is a very very short slide pistol, which will naturally make appendix carry more difficult to get a solid grip on because the grip will ride very low/close to your belt/top of your pants. I originally ordered mine with 1.5 split leather loops at standard height but soon discovered the M&P 9C is also too short of a slide for this application. The standard height loops work best with guns like a G17 or the M&P 9, something with a longer slide so the gun will naturally sit higher up on your belt line. For guns like the 9C and the G26 you will defiantly want to order the high ride loops. J&M's page has a section where you can just order replacement loops. I purchased the AIWB high ride solid kydex loop and my problem was instantly fixed. T-shirt ready, with ability to get a solid grip on the frame every draw without dragging your knuckles against your belt.
http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/XBL.html

Order that, install it, try it out, and report back. I bet you will like it a lot more.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:08:19 AM EDT
[#8]
This thread should probably be stickied by the way. It's my prob my fav thread ever on the site because of all the great info being passed a long and spreading the appreciation for the carry method.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:41:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
1) What holster?
2) What belt?
3) What pant size? (Do you carry IWB already)

I carry a G17 every day with a JM Custom holster and have really grown to like it. Moving it an inch or two in either direction can make a huge difference in comfort. A good, heavy 1 3/4 belt makes a HUGE difference as well. A Wilderness instructor 5 stitch or Völund Atlas really helps keep everything in place.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

This.

I carry a g19 in a holster made for a g17 with no problems.  

Drove 4 hours the other day with it.  

I use a Dale Fricke Archangel holster using a Beltman belt or a 511 belt.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks so much for the informative response.  I'll definitely try the high ride loop.  I realized right away that I should have gotten the high ride option.  I did get the extra tuck, but was actually thinking that might be causing one of my issues.  The gun is pressed so firmly into my stomach area that it's hard to get a good grip on it.  I end up grabbing my fat instead.  (I don't have much to grab luckily)  Hopefully the high ride will help with that as well.  

Quoted:

^ I use a J&M AIWB for my M&P 9C with shorts and T-shirt almost daily here in FL and I love it, very concealable even with extended magazine inserted. Regarding the waistline bulk if you position the slide at 0* vertical in the natural crease between your groin and your inner thigh the bulk should go away if you have a flat tummy. Try that out and see if that helps. If you didn't get the extra tuck option you should have LOL, but you can always add something to the holster yourself as well that serves the same purpose for extra comfort and to get the easiest solid grip possible.

The G26 is a very very short slide pistol, which will naturally make appendix carry more difficult to get a solid grip on because the grip will ride very low/close to your belt/top of your pants. I originally ordered mine with 1.5 split leather loops at standard height but soon discovered the M&P 9C is also too short of a slide for this application. The standard height loops work best with guns like a G17 or the M&P 9, something with a longer slide so the gun will naturally sit higher up on your belt line. For guns like the 9C and the G26 you will defiantly want to order the high ride loops. J&M's page has a section where you can just order replacement loops. I purchased the AIWB high ride solid kydex loop and my problem was instantly fixed. T-shirt ready, with ability to get a solid grip on the frame every draw without dragging your knuckles against your belt.

Order that, install it, try it out, and report back. I bet you will like it a lot more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I just tried carrying my shield in a g-code incog holster yesterday.  Was not the most comfortable thing in the world.  The draw would be much faster but everyday use not to sure
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Sig isn't going to let them flip flop.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/01/foghorn/breaking-statement-sig-sauer-atf-pistol-brace-ruling/
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sig isn't going to let them flip flop.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/01/foghorn/breaking-statement-sig-sauer-atf-pistol-brace-ruling/
View Quote

Wrong thread, dude.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Used a dale fricke archangel for a long time.  Great holster and they now offer foam padding to help with any digging in.

However, I recently got a keepers concealment holster and it is amazing.  Both holsters had design help with southnarc from the ecqc classes and they are great.  the keeper really is extremely comfortable and easy to draw from with a full firing grip.  The only thing I wasn't happy with was the belt loop.  It works fine, I just prefer a belt system that I can attach and remove without having to remove the belt.  As such, I modified a tek lok to work with the holster, without losing the characteristics that the holster has in regards to comfort, concealability,  and draw speed.

It's expensive but imo it's 100% worth it.

http://www.Keepersconcealment.com
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#15]
So I adjusted my holster and tried it again and it worked much better.  

The under shirt is a must for this way
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:24:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Agree with LL, JM Kydex is amazing, have a bunch of his OWB holsters.  I need to try his AIWB.

The new Raven has been working well for me, using the pad and claw + 1 belt loop (mounted near TG).  I've found that two loops prints too much and that bulky belts (like the Ares with cobra buckle) also are prone to printing more.  Atlas belt with G hook works great AIWB for me.  Wearing pants higher on the waist also helps.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:54:41 AM EDT
[#17]
So if I want to AIWB something like say a G26, and to keep it from rolling out, I'm really going to need to use at least a G19 holster? Especially if I want it to ride high enough to get a full grip when drawing?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

So if I want to AIWB something like say a G26, and to keep it from rolling out, I'm really going to need to use at least a G19 holster? Especially if I want it to ride high enough to get a full grip when drawing?
View Quote
Place your pistol in position and measure the distance to your pelvic bone.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/x2122/20150201_115334_zps4g0gudz5.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/x2122/Guns/20150201_115323_zpsx2dtvs0s.jpg
View Quote
Start your belt one loop to the left. That way the buckle doesn't sit on your pistol and print.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Start your belt one loop to the left. That way the buckle doesn't sit on your pistol and print.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/x2122/20150201_115334_zps4g0gudz5.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/x2122/Guns/20150201_115323_zpsx2dtvs0s.jpg

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure where you're going. I do know that with my 442 in a Remora, unless I push it down to where I can barely get a grip, the butt will look like the scene from Alien if I even sit down.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the buckle would be off center you mean?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I carry (well, carried rather before I moved to this shithole of a state) a G19 AIWB in an INCOG. Took me a little getting used to, but I just played with it and wore it around the house until I found the "sweet spot."
View Quote
OP, this is what you seek.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I start my belt with the loop on the left hip.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was the reason I'm ditching the Ranger belt.  Even off center, the buckle is huge.  Hoping the Aegis will be a better fit, but Both 4DAIVPAI2K5 and I rock the Atlas belt, and in terms of support while still being slim, nothing beats it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Not sure where you're going. I do know that with my 442 in a Remora, unless I push it down to where I can barely get a grip, the butt will look like the scene from Alien if I even sit down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I meant to measure whether to get a17 or 19 holster.

The belt presses the gun in. You have to use a low ride because the bottom of the gun is pressed in with a high ride, kicking the top out.

A longer holster means the belt is higher relative to the gun. Aiwb holsters also have wedges built in to push the grip in.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#27]
So I've been carrying like this for about a week now still trying to find the sweet spot where it's comfortable.  When I get out of the car/Truck I have to readjust everything but not having my shirt ride up when ever I reach for something at the grocery store is a huge plus
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So I've been carrying like this for about a week now still trying to find the sweet spot where it's comfortable.  When I get out of the car/Truck I have to readjust everything but not having my shirt ride up when ever I reach for something at the grocery store is a huge plus
View Quote

yeah agree i have to shift a bit too.  i find that i conceal better with the gun further to my right, at 1 o'clock or so but am more comfortable when sitting if the gun is more centered.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I have to adjust mine a little when I get out of the car, too.  I just get out, face the car, give the butt of the gun a quick nudge, then turn away from the car and close the door.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Looking at getting a JM custom AIWB for my sig sp2022. Anyone have any ideas which belt loops work best? They only have like 20 options. Soft loop, Kydex split loop, Kydex solid loop, Easy On/Off Clip. I am not sure if I need a high ride seems how my gun is not a compact.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Looking at getting a JM custom AIWB for my sig sp2022. Anyone have any ideas which belt loops work best? They only have like 20 options. Soft loop, Kydex split loop, Kydex solid loop, Easy On/Off Clip. I am not sure if I need a high ride seems how my gun is not a compact.
View Quote
Think about where your pants belt loops will be and if they'd work with a solid loop.

I'd probably go split or soft.

eta I'd actually get the easy on off. Don't like threading the belt through.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like split loops but they're a bit easier to break. The solid loops are nice if you won't split a belt loop. Fixed soft loops won't break and can also split a belt loop. They conceal pretty well also since they're fixed, almost as well as hard loops.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I called JM and was able to get some information on the loops. It looks like I will be going with the easy on/off belt clip. Where my holster will probably sit it looks like I won't need the split loop. He also mentioned that the clip is very sturdy and is not kydex but injection molded. If you have any questions I would suggest calling JM. They answered all my questions in about a minute. I am pretty sure the guy I talked to is the guy who makes them judging by his knowledge of the product. He was very helpful.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I called JM and was able to get some information on the loops. It looks like I will be going with the easy on/off belt clip. Where my holster will probably sit it looks like I won't need the split loop. He also mentioned that the clip is very sturdy and is not kydex but injection molded. If you have any questions I would suggest calling JM. They answered all my questions in about a minute. I am pretty sure the guy I talked to is the guy who makes them judging by his knowledge of the product. He was very helpful.
View Quote

That was Tony probably, he's really friendly and responsive...knows his stuff for sure.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Here's another look at mine, been rockin the Eidolon for a month now and while I have JM kit on order - I'm pretty happy with this.  My one beef with the Eidolon is that the muzzle-end edges are abrupt and could be more gradual/melted like on the JM holsters.

I don't have any smaller tshirts...unless I borrowed one of my wife's...and even with a tighter tee, conceals very well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That was Tony probably, he's really friendly and responsive...knows his stuff for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's the guy I got my info on loops for after I broke a split loop. FWIW I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did, that holster has been thumped on 2x4s crawling through attics and laid on while crawling on concrete slabs and it held up like a champ for a long time (years). It did lots better than my rear sights do anyway.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm with you, I just bought a crossbreed apendix  holster  and it's pretty shitty so far, havnt  found a sweet spot. Sitting  is pretty uncomfortable  but nowhere  near as bad if I'm sitting  and need to bend. It mainly  did into my pelvic bone.
which is dissapointing. Because  I bought it looking for a good holster  to put on one handed  due to my stroke. And it's great  for that. maybe  I'm not wearing it I'm the right spot?
I'm 5'8 180. I'm not fat so it's not that.
and it's funny the bottom of the kydex is very rough, looks like a torn gutter lol. Retention is very good. Appears  I need to learn more about this or keep buying holsters.
eta; it a m&p9c
and a rigid belt. I don't wear undershirts. Never did.
wearing  it out tonight.  Trying  to figure it out its awful
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top