Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2014 1:36:09 PM EDT
Currently carry a full size 1911 that needs to retire soon, and after stopping at the fun store yesterday, I actually really liked the xd.

Not thrilled about the striker trigger travel and weight, but it wasn't that bad. Spoiled with my 1911 trigger I guess. 13+1 is nice! Price is half of a good 1911, and gun funds aren't great right now.

So, XD or something else?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
NO GLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Powder river makes some nice trigger kits if you want to smooth up the trigger.  http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/category.sc?categoryId=2  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a deal

XD45
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The safety isn't necessary IMO. I have one without, I carry it a fair amount, like any double stack 45 it's big though not as big as some and fully loaded it's pretty heavy.
The trigger isn't the greatest by any stretch, but it is quite accurate and reliable. You don't like shooting or have a stash of SWCs do you? Cause those won't work, that's my only gripe, pretty minor.
PSA also has the non-thumb safety model pretty low.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the only reason I wanted the thumb safety so I could keep the "muscle memory" with the thumb safety swipe for both carry guns.

Think I am going to jump on PSA's deal. Best price around here is $520!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
PSA deal taken advantage of!

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Not yet, but I will get an order together.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like my 4" XD w/ TS.  The gun points well and is very accurate, thumb safe is a natural for me.
Mine was to be a primary carry gun.  It's just too big in the grip for me to carry even IWB.
Steer clear of 200gr LSWC in it, they just don't feed well.  Eats every thing else.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I've heard of the SWC problems, but even my reloads are copper HPs. Won't run SWC through it, so should be GTG.

Excited to get it, can hardly wait! Probably won't be until January, though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top