Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine weighs in at about 2lbs and most of that is the LC9.

No knife because knife laws are so wacky and easy to get tripped up by in my state, so wallet, LC9, and keys are it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:08:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You and I must lead very different lives - I use my pocket knife several times a week for this or that, and my light pretty regularly as well. You're not the kind of guy who 'tinkers' with stuff are you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know this is ARFCOM where everyone is an operator, and always conceals a plate carrier and 240B for a trip to the store... but does anyone else go the other way? We all know that carrying a bunch of crap sucks. When I'm off duty, I don't want to put my duty belt back on for a trip to Kroger. So who else carries the least amount possible without compromising capability?

<a href="http://s32.photobucket.com/user/tmann199030/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141106_140611_zps6e8ylcnz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/tmann199030/Mobile%20Uploads/20141106_140611_zps6e8ylcnz.jpg</a>

My main daily needs are covered with everything in this picture.
Gun.
Phone with bluetooth car key and home key so I don't have to carry physical keys on my person.
ID and debit card tucked under my S4 in a magpul case.
Chapstick.

I deleted my knife because I simply never used it, same with flashlight. I keep them in my car console for access if needed, but so far they've remained untouched. Somehow I've managed to survive without an IFAK, three knives, two flashlights, AR mag, pocket saw, MRE, baton, SAPI plates.

Am I alone, or are there more like me out there?

You and I must lead very different lives - I use my pocket knife several times a week for this or that, and my light pretty regularly as well. You're not the kind of guy who 'tinkers' with stuff are you?

I am not. Hell I take my car to the dealership for oil changes

I don't begrudge anyone for carrying a knife or flashlight, I just never used mine so I quit carrying them. I just see a lot of guys in the EDC thread carrying more crap than I do on patrol, and that strikes me as pretty mall ninja.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't begrudge anyone for carrying a knife or flashlight, I just never used mine so I quit carrying them. I just see a lot of guys in the EDC thread carrying more crap than I do on patrol, and that strikes me as pretty mall ninja.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know this is ARFCOM where everyone is an operator, and always conceals a plate carrier and 240B for a trip to the store... but does anyone else go the other way? We all know that carrying a bunch of crap sucks. When I'm off duty, I don't want to put my duty belt back on for a trip to Kroger. So who else carries the least amount possible without compromising capability?

<a href="http://s32.photobucket.com/user/tmann199030/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141106_140611_zps6e8ylcnz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/tmann199030/Mobile%20Uploads/20141106_140611_zps6e8ylcnz.jpg</a>

Gun.
Phone with bluetooth car key and home key so I don't have to carry physical keys on my person.
Chapstick.

I deleted my knife because I simply never used it, same with flashlight. I keep them in my car console for access if needed, but so far they've remained untouched. Somehow I've managed to survive without an IFAK, three knives, two flashlights, AR mag, pocket saw, MRE, baton, SAPI plates.

What DO you carry on duty?
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun.
Chapstick.

One thing that separates me from many on this board is that I freely and willingly admit that I'm a hardcore Walter Mitty. But I'm a very well trained, very well equipped Walter Mitty. Keeps me in shape and amused with life, and in the great scheme of things isn't any more wasteful or silly than a lot of guys I know who are hyperfocused on golf, or fantasy football.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun.
Chapstick.

On my vest is my taser with a spare cartridge, one M4 mag, CAT, cuffs, radio, surefire, bodycam and battery pack, pens and notepad, kabar TDI.
On my belt is G22, two spare mags, asp, 2nd set of cuffs, can of Fox Labs.

If I could I wouldn't carry the CAT, 2nd cuff, M4 mag, or fox labs.

A few pages of browsing through the EDC thread will show a ton of guys that shove twice that amount down their pants for a trip to the mall. I carry that crap between a vest and a belt, I couldn't imagine trying to conceal all that shit in my pants. A lot of you guys just go a bit overboard. I'm glad this thread has shown that there are other people out there that try to carry as little as possible.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate a bunch of shit on me. Edc is

Glock IWB
Wallet
Cell
Keychain with small SAK and small Fenix light just in case
Small pack of gum

Dropped the extra mag, clip in pocket knife and light a while ago.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Gun
Wallet
Spare mag
Phone
Snuff
Mini-Maglite depending on time of day
Pocket knife.

I rarely carry more than that.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My EDC is pretty light/simple. The only thing not shown is my phone which I used to take the photo.

- IWB carry for firearm and mag
- right front pocket wallet along with keys and knife clipped to pocket
- phone in left front pocket.

Nothing in my back pockets.

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af65/rackermoore/20141203_1758552_zps5acf8692.jpg
View Quote

Perfect!  A great example for all I think!
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

My EDC is pretty light/simple. The only thing not shown is my phone which I used to take the photo.

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af65/rackermoore/20141203_1758552_zps5acf8692.jpg
View Quote

Who made that mag carrier??? I like it!
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I am in unusual circumstances ATT. Work and home somewhat overlap, and I carry a little more due to that:

Carry Rig;
Milt Sparks holster w/Colt Lightweight Commander.
Rosen combo mag/light pouch w/extra 7 rd. mag and Surefire 6p variant.
Beltman or Wilderness gunbelt
Perry suspenders

Case pocketknife. Add a small fixed blade when it suits me.
Kerchief
Credit card/cash holder
Keys
Small notebook and pen
Ancient flip phone. Sometimes a Motorola radio
Reading glasses/sunglasses
Mints
Vape

Pretty practical really. Anything else I may need to carry out the plan of the day is in a backpack nearby.
I won't disparage the next persons choices in carry gear. Each to their own, I reckon. Hell, I ain't totin' it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Keys (2 keys with a fob)
Sig 938
Sog trident
Big skinny wallet
iPhone

That covers 99.99% of situations that I encounter. Sure, I might need 2 spare mags, quick clot, and MRE, or a grenade, tin can, and para chord to make a booby trap, but I manage without.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

On my vest is my taser with a spare cartridge, one M4 mag, CAT, cuffs, radio, surefire, bodycam and battery pack, pens and notepad, kabar TDI.

A few pages of browsing through the EDC thread will show a ton of guys that shove twice that amount down their pants for a trip to the mall. I carry that crap between a vest and a belt, I couldn't imagine trying to conceal all that shit in my pants. A lot of you guys just go a bit overboard. I'm glad this thread has shown that there are other people out there that try to carry as little as possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun.
Chapstick.

I recently had a visit here by a LEO friend and his family. Was just glad to know he carries a firearm off duty. Too many I know do not.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#14]
S&W 638
speed strip
Kershaw Leek
keys
wallet

In the winter I put my phone and flashlight in my coat

In the summer I put them on my belt.

Add a Leatherman Wave while I'm working.

I've always got a spare flashlight and a few extra rounds of ammo in my truck.

That's my normal carry load, it's pretty quiet around here. Now if I leave town I usually have a P229 9mm and 2 spare mags.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Phone with extended battery
Lcp w/7rd mag, ct guard
Extra mag
Spyderco
Fenix Ld15

All that can fit in my two pockets if need be. Sooo... I guess that leaves me 15lbs for more gear if need be.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't have any extra room.  I build houses for a living, so by the time I have everything I need, the pockets are full:

Wallet
Car keys
keys to houses, construction trailer
pocket knife
phone
2 small screw drivers (flat/philips)
Highlighter
pencil
pen
blue tape
folder with lists and schedules
EDC
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:46:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Timex Ironman on my wrist
Spyderco Manix 2 Lightweight
Preon 2 flashlight
Victorinox Alox Cadet
Three keys on a ring
Sleeve wallet
S&W 642 in a pocket holster, mostly
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I carry a bunch of stuff

Glock 23 w/ TLR1
Spare mag
ZT 0566
Phone
Keys
Wallet
BOK
Surefire E2D LED
Badge
Watch
Para cord bracelet

I'm also wanting to add a fixed blade but haven't settled on one

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#19]
G26 in raven aiwb
Benchmade grip
Phone
Wallet
Keys
Ecig

Sometime a spare g19 mag in a kydex owb holder
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't carry much;
Cell phone and microtech Ultratech in right front pocket
Pm9 in a mini tuck at 4 o clock (probably going to be a g19 soon.)
Wallet in back right pocket
Spare 7 rounder, quark pro, Chapstick and keys in left front pocket.
I run an auto shop, so the light and knife get used constantly, but I don't carry the light much when I'm not working.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#22]
No off duty badge?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Gun (often in waistband), pocket knife usually, keys, moneyclip and phone
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Gun (often in waistband), pocket knife usually, keys, moneyclip and phone
View Quote

In slacks (most days at work):
Phone (has a flashlight built in)
Wallet
Keys
Small knife for opening packages
S&W Bodyguard

Jeans or Khakis I swap the BG out for the M&P9c and either a leatherman sidekick or kershaw tanto

Gym shorts: BG, wallet, keys, phone

Spare mags usually stay in the truck
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No off duty badge?
View Quote

That is my off duty badge
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#26]
That was meant to be a reply to OP
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gotcha
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:17:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No off duty badge?
View Quote

I usually don't have my badge. I always have my department ID card though. I've been needing to get a belt clip for my badge. I recently switched to a money clip cause it's much thinner than using my wallet with badge holder. I just hate stuff in my pockets, especially thick stuff. It really bothers me. I don't mind weight on my belt as much as in my pockets.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Gun, pocket knife and pocket light, phone and wallet.

EDC:
P239 IWB. - deployed never (and glad).
Benchmade Minigrip front left. - deploy almost daily.
Streamlight Microstream LED penlight front right. - deploy multiple times daily.
Gerber Dime mini-multitool.
iPhone 5 - deploy multiple times daily.
Wallet rear left.

SC (Sometimes Carry):
Altiods tin first aid kit rear right. - deploy seldom.
Extra mag OWB (sometimes). - deployed never.

Retired:
Fenix LD02 - don't recommend Fenix, lost clip, they won't replace.

Knife and light so small, don't even know/remember they are there till I need them.
In summer I substitute a Nano for the 239.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I keep it on my drivers side mirror. My creds are in my phone case.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I usually don't have my badge. I always have my department ID card though. I've been needing to get a belt clip for my badge. I recently switched to a money clip cause it's much thinner than using my wallet with badge holder. I just hate stuff in my pockets, especially thick stuff. It really bothers me. I don't mind weight on my belt as much as in my pockets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No off duty badge?

I'm the same way. If I'm not in uniform I'm wearing denim jeans 99% of the time. Hate having a bunch of bulky crap in my jean pockets
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Glock 30SF, spare mag, folding knife, wallet, separate id/badge holder & phone & that's it.  Didn't use to carry a spare mag until I realized that the extra 10rds didn't weigh anything & the extra security was worth it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I carry my Glock 19 IWB, an extra mag, wallet, headphones, knife, and phone. Is that a lot of shit? It doesnt bother me to carry that much, but some people say i carry too much with the extra mag. Oh well, makes me feel more secure so ill roll with it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#34]
I actually only venture to town about once a week on average, so I may pack a bit heavy because I don't do it often.

Full size 1911 (getting swapped out for XD45 when it comes in)

spare mag

^^ supported by wildernesss 5 stitch

wallet in front left pocket

keys on carabiner

--on keychain is acme 636 whistle, mini flashlight, P-52 with mini ferro rod glued on. Carabiner itself has 400 pound capacity.

small folder

business card holder w/cards

pen

chap stick

phone

winter adds more, because it is dark, cold and stuff I do in the yard that ends up in my jacket anyway:

lighter

zip ties

flashlight

whatever else winds up in my jacket pocket

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#35]
wallet
phone
keys
g17
spare mag in cargo pocket...sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#36]
XDS .45
cell phone
keys
wallet (money clip with card holder so its thin)

I have carried a spare mag on my belt in the past, I stopped once I started to carry the XDS, mainly since I have been too cheap to buy another mag holder for the gun.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 3:58:28 AM EDT
[#37]
G17/G19, spare 17rd mag, wallet, phone, keys, knife, and snuff.  That is my minimum and maximum.
When running, only my S&W642 and CHL.

I dont carry a lot, but the G19 is the smallest I will carry (except running) and I will never not carry a spare mag. I dont understand why folks want the small pocket guns as their only weapon, but to each their own. seems like they carry a weapon to check the block...and yes, I carry what I do 24/7. my weapon comes off when I get into bed or get in the shower. If im in shorts on the couch, pistol is on the coffee table next to me. just habit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 5:05:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Gun, cellphone, keys and a little pocket clip multi tool.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I wear cargo pants with a Wilderness 5 stitch belt.

OWB  Glock 23
Spare G22 mag in a OWB carrier with a flashlight
Two knives, Benchmade and a smaller Spyderco
Cell phone
Wallet
Key chain with a small light and compass

On days without the Glock I pocket holster a Colt Pony 380 with a spare mag and replace the flashlight with a smaller one.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Keys (1 car, 1 house)
Wallet
Phone
Benchmade Mini Griptillian....and that's it. Rarely do I ever carry a gun, even though I've had a CW license since 1988. Maybe I'm not worthy of ARFCOM membership.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I *gasp* don't usually carry a spare mag.  I've shot enough to know my gun is reliable with the mag I have in it.

I already have enough crap on me - phone, keys, wallet, knife, carry gun.  The extra weight of a spare mag just sucks.
View Quote

I rarely have an extra mag. I've had "experts" scream at me that I should.

I've had "experts" tell me I don't need an extra.

You can't please everyone.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Gun.
Chapstick.

View Quote

Tell me more about this
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Pretty much what I carry everyday.

Glock 27/22, depends on the mood.
Spare Mag
Bradley Cutlery Alias I Knife
Keys
Phone
Wallet
Space Pen
Droid
Oakleys
Omega

Weighs Approx. 3#'s
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Cash in left front pocket
Kahr K9 IWB right side
ID/credit card holder right rear pocket
Benchmade automatic knife right front pocket with truck keys
Spare mag left side
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I know this is ARFCOM where everyone is an operator, and always conceals a plate carrier and 240B for a trip to the store…
View Quote
That's very funny…but sadly very close to the truth in this forum.

I also tend to travel light - cell phone, car and house key, wallet and a CZ-75 Compact.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mag carrier is by On Your 6 Designs here in San Antonio. New Shield holster by forum member evnash (thanks again!)

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#47]
I just carry my phone, wallet, and keys. Sometimes don't even bother with the wallet depending on what I'm doing, hooray for NFC. Sometimes don't need the keys. Always have the phone. Oh and a watch.

I pretty much quit carrying when I moved to NM, so I guess now I'm unarmed all the time. Oh, well. I'm light on my feet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#48]
I carry pretty light as well:
S&W 9mm Shield in an Armordillo Concealment holster
Benchmade 9050
Wallet
Chapstick
Keys
Phone.  

Just picked up a Bodyguard. Since we only have like 4 days of cold here in Florida, it's easier to conceal the Bodyguard in shorts and T-shirt.  I'll start carrying it after I put some rounds through it and get a holster for it.  
In the truck I keep a small bag with Surefire flashlight and Glock 17 and spare mag, cell phone charger for the car, and Leatherman.  Bag comes out at night.
I don't see how some guys carry as much as they do.  Nothing wrong with it, but I couldn't stand the weight.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Gun , cell phone, wallet, keys, and condom.  I've never needed the gun or condom, but at least I'm prepared :)
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#50]
S&W 642 in Desantis nemesis-front right pocket
Pocket knife and speedloader-front left
Wallet-back right
Phone-left in car or back left
Keys
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top