Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 3:38:22 PM EDT
Hello all,

I just got my CCW in California and the instructor and my wife insist that I should get CCW insurance, and being in California I have to agree with them. Not only is California  but all of America is highly litigious and this seems to be a good idea to have this IF i was ever involved in an incident. Does anyone have recommendations on who is good and who to stay away from? I have a NRA membership but from my searching it seems the NRA ccw coverage is lackluster for the cost. I was looking at one company that has a silver, gold and platinum plans and really all levels are affordable to me, but not sure that I need 1 million in coverage but I could be very wrong. Thansks for your time and looking forward to some helpful responses.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking for legal insurance similar to what USCCA or US Legal Shield offers?  Or financial liability insurance?  If you are looking for financial liability insurance, check with you home insurance carrier about a Personal Liability Umbrella (PLUb) policy.

T
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if this is correct but I remember a relative saying the insurance was mandatory for them.  Not sure if it applies to your locality or what, but it is worth checking.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like there is a US Law Shield link on the page, but does not include CA. At the very least you can review the webpage for information about what would be suitable for CA or something like it.

I have been a member for two years. About twice a month they send to my email address interesting updates and factoids about carry in TX.

Good luck on your search.

Mike

https://www.texaslawshield.com/

Quoted:
Hello all,

I just got my CCW in California and the instructor and my wife insist that I should get CCW insurance, and being in California I have to agree with them. Not only is California  but all of America is highly litigious and this seems to be a good idea to have this IF i was ever involved in an incident. Does anyone have recommendations on who is good and who to stay away from? I have a NRA membership but from my searching it seems the NRA ccw coverage is lackluster for the cost. I was looking at one company that has a silver, gold and platinum plans and really all levels are affordable to me, but not sure that I need 1 million in coverage but I could be very wrong. Thansks for your time and looking forward to some helpful responses.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#4]
First, Welcome to the club! Now try CCWSAfe.com

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top