Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2014 4:26:27 PM EDT
I was just looking on the raven concealment site and saw that they now offer a thumb break on there custom holsters for added retention.  Has anyone had this option done on their holsters and how do they like it.  Also pictures would be helpful.  I already have a phantom for my GLOCK 17 with my tlr-1 and love it I just think a thumb break would be nice for added retention.
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
There are much better options for active retention holsters than the Raven's thumb snap (like the Safariland ALS series). Standard Ravens have good passive retention, and I cannot imagine a scenario where I would want it to have a thumb snap.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are much better options for active retention holsters than the Raven's thumb snap (like the Safariland ALS series). Standard Ravens have good passive retention, and I cannot imagine a scenario where I would want it to have a thumb snap.
View Quote

This.

First, I'm not a fan of thumbsnap holsters for Glocks at all. Second, I really don't consider a thumbsnap much retention at all as they're easy to defeat. The Phantom holds very well as is, if you're wanting more the ALS really is the only way to go.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I posted this in the FN forum. I bought a Raven Concealment Holster for my FNX-9 for when I put the TLR-1s light on it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_53/155537_Trouble_Finding_FNX_9_Holster_with_light.html&page=1#i1679353
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:58:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Thumb snap is just one more thing that could end up in the trigger guard while reholstering.. no thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top