Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2014 2:26:18 PM EDT
Just bought a M&P shield 9. What's IWB holster are you guys using?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a DeSantis Intruder IWB hybrid holster for my 9mm Shield and like it a lot. It's comfortable, carries the pistol securely, and is easy to reholster after use. DeSantis makes great holsters.

http://www.desantisholster.com/INTRUDER
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View Quote
I use a Blackdog Concealment IWB holster. They have a few options for IWB carry. Reasonable prices and fast shipping. Got mine 2 days after ordering.

http://www.blackdogconcealment.com/products/

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Foxx Little Foxx
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]
G-Code HSP INCOG.  Really nice and minimalist IWB holster which allows for several different carry positions.  Have carried a Glock 22 in the Appendix position to the 4:00 position.  Also using the Contact Concealment AP holster for a Glock 27.  For my money the INCOG is the hands down winner of the 2, however I had the AP before the INCOG.  However, both holsters are extremely comfortable to carry.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
G-Code HSP INCOG.  Really nice and minimalist IWB holster which allows for several different carry positions.  Have carried a Glock 22 in the Appendix position to the 4:00 position.  Also using the Contact Concealment AP holster for a Glock 27.  For my money the INCOG is the hands down winner of the 2, however I had the AP before the INCOG.  However, both holsters are extremely comfortable to carry.
View Quote

I vote INCOG as well. I carry my 27 and 23 everyday and love it.

" />
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the kholsters I have for my 1911 and beretta. They're priced low and well made.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't have a shield but I do have a Kahr P9 and a Glock 26.

Glock 26 rides in a bladetec nano and the Kahr P9 in a Comp Tac infidel with belt loops.

Easy to done and doff and they stay put.

Easy to draw and easy to reholster.

Durable.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I got an Alien Gear IWB for my Shield. Comfortable and concealable. Price was nice, too. I have a CrossBreed SuperTuck for my Glocks and, if I had it to do again, I would have gotten another SuperTuck for my Shield. For the price and wait times, though (about $30.00 for the Alien Gear and a 2 week wait versus about $70.00 and a 6 week wait for the CrossBreed), the Alien Gear is a good holster.

Bub75
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#9]
MDJ holsters. They are comphy, and work great.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I use the Desantis soft tuk for my Sig P938.
http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/585126/desantis-sof-tuck-inside-the-waistband-holster-smith-and-wesson-m-and-p-shield-leather-natural
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:08:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Tennessee Holster Company.  Handmade leather, very comfortable. Been using one every day for 6 years.  Very short break in time.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:23:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Alien Gear and Firearm Holsters are both high quality low priced hybrids.  I've got a couple of each, but I prefer the Firearm Holster. It's a few bucks more, but for $49, you get to customize
the leather color and thread color.  And, the Firearm Holster can be converted to OWB by removing the clips and using the belt loops.  

Craftsmanship and materials are excellent, and customer service is unbeatable. Check them out at www.firearmholster.com

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Grant at EGA custom make the best Kydex holster around. He is a stand up guy, and can make most any thing you dream up.
I have 9-12 of his holsters for my Glock, 1911's. With or Without lights, IWB or standard holsters.

http://www.egacustom.com/index.php/

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm a fan of leather holsters.  I recently purchased an IWB for my Ruger LC9S (similar size to the Sheild) from Tucker Gun Leather.  It is called the Mini IWB, and I am very pleased with the quality and comfort of the holster.  Build and delivery was fairly quick; less than a month I think.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Comp-tac M-Tac .... best clips and best finished product of any kydex/leather holster.  I have nearly tried them all.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Comp-tac M-Tac .... best clips and best finished product of any kydex/leather holster.  I have nearly tried them all.
View Quote

MTAC is my choice as well. Has worked well for me. Other I may try at some point is a StealthGear, they look interesting. I say that but I will probably always go back to the MTAC, it works that well that any thought of anything else usually goes by the wayside quickly.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:19:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
MDJ holsters. They are comphy, and work great.
View Quote

+1, just got mine for my sp2022.  $35 shipped, unbeatable
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, the MTAC is pretty much it.  Fit and finish is top of the line.  Comfort is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 2:14:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do they cover the magazine release?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where do you plan on carrying? I am using a blade-tech nano, appendix carry, and it is very comfortable. The pictures on blade-tech's website don't do the holster justice since it is a large framed gun in a large holster. The small holster for the shield is pretty slim and compact and carries great.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Foxx Little Foxx
View Quote

Deinitely agree with this. Foxx holsters appear to be very well made and are quite affordable. In addition, its a tuckable IWB holster..
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have to double check once I am home but depending on pistol mine do not but never had a mag eject on me yet even with my 34 and the extended release.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Have to double check once I am home but depending on pistol mine do not but never had a mag eject on me yet even with my 34 and the extended release.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have not had any magazines self eject, but I have been rubbed raw by the release on a holster that didn't cover it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Another vote for the G-code Incog. Awesome holster, I run it with one of the two belt clips and it works great. Super easy on and off, with adjustable ride height and angle. I have been very happy with it.

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I use the SHTF Gear ACE - 1 and I really like it.   Outstanding quality.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Very happy with my Alien Gear holster. The major downside is that it took 7 weeks to get to my from order to at my door....
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Hidden Hybrid Holsters out of Canton, Ohio.

American made and superior to CrossBreed and Alien Gear, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does not cover that if it did I could see it actually engaging the release.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:15:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Crossbreeds cover the mag release, an Alien Gear holster did not.  I have not had an issue with loose magazines, but I did have a spot rubbed raw from a mag release.  Others have not had this problem.  The Alien Gear design did make it easier to grip the pistol.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:23:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Went with the N82 professional holster so far I'm liking it
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:05:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Switched from a Galco Summer Comfort to an Alien Gear. I am very happy with the Alien Gear holster.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Carry my G27 in a Zorn Skinny Rig.

Zorn holsters

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a Remora reinforced top holster on order. Will be here after Christmas. Has anyone used with their Shield?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not unless they changed it recently.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#37]
JM Custom Kydex, $55, good build quality.  Works for my P239.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top