Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2014 11:10:27 PM EDT
I've been carrying my G26 in a Comp-Tac MTAC at about the 4 o'clock position for a while now.  It works pretty well for me, but I'm thinking about getting a new holster and trying appendix carry.  I'm thinking full kydex this time vs a hybrid.  What are some good options?  I was looking at the G-Code Incog, any other ideas?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I just went through the same transition.  Comp-Tac MTAC in the 4 o'clock position to full kydex appendix.

Make sure you practice a lot if you are going appendix. DYOD

I like it much better and the key is to have a good holster and find the "sweet spot".

Now I don't even feel it.  To me it is more comfortable.

I went with Dale Fricke Archangel.  Love it!

15% off for Veteran's Day.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry my Glock 42 in a holster similar to the Raven Concealment Vanguard II. Its a minimalist style trigger guard holster but its secure and comfortable. It just uses a soft loop and loops around your belt, so a good sturdy belt would be a good idea, but can be utilized with a soft belt.
Plus, with a price of $34.99 its hard to beat.

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Currently running a Contact Concealment AP holster for a Glock 27.  So far it has been pretty comfortable and holds the 27 really secure.   Turn around time for it was about 5 weeks.

Have the G-Code INCOG for my 22 and it is pretty sweet as well.  Would be running one for the 27 but had the AP first so I did not feel like I needed to replace the AP for the INCOG.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Jm custom kydex.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Fist Holsters 1-K is what I like for appendix.

I have several and is the best I've found on the market
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 5:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Veil Solutions
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a couple from a place called on your six. Fast shipping and only 30 bucks but I needed to round off the bottom since they leave a corner that pokes me. My favorite is the Alabama holsters hooker model.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jm custom kydex.
View Quote

Ding!

In at least G17 length. The longer the holster body the more comfortable in my experience.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I've heard this a few times now.  Why is that?  Seems like for AIWB shorter would be more comfortable.  I'm going to order something for my G26, but I'm wondering if maybe I should get it in a G19 length.

Quoted:

Ding!

In at least G17 length. The longer the holster body the more comfortable in my experience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jm custom kydex.

Ding!

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#10]
not bad for the price:

http://www.amazon.com/5-11-Appendix-Holster-Glock-Right/dp/B007F7IWGU/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1415823355&sr=8-3-fkmr2&keywords=blackhawk+glock+26+iwb
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:51:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Sentinel Custom AIWB is my favored holster so far. I also have a raven vanguard 2 but dont find it as comfortable.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've heard this a few times now.  Why is that?  Seems like for AIWB shorter would be more comfortable.  I'm going to order something for my G26, but I'm wondering if maybe I should get it in a G19 length.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Jm custom kydex.

Ding!

Go for a g19 length, but be aware the frame around the take down area is slightly different. Most people only think the difference is length. I try to make everyone aware of this when they order from me.
The added length of the holster will stop the gun from wanting to "flop" out over the belt.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Going to go home and try my iwb and if it feels ok I will order an AIWB HOLSTER.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#14]
You can ride the G26 higher if you put it in a G19 holster.

JM, CCC Shaggy, and Archangel have wedges that help tuck the grip in.  That's why they are recommended over others for AIWB.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Jm custom kydex.

Ding!

All of my favorites are G34 length. The extra length sits in the crease of my leg when seated, etc. and keeps the muzzle off my body 95%+ of the time. I like that. Otherwise when seated, the muzzle is pointed right at my pelvic crease. And keeps the gun from rolling over the belt line as mentioned.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks so much for all the replies.  I've been doing a lot of research on this.   I'm leaning toward a AIWB from JM Custom Kydex.  Just trying to decide on the length, as well as a few other options.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks so much for all the replies.  I've been doing a lot of research on this.   I'm leaning toward a AIWB from JM Custom Kydex.  Just trying to decide on the length, as well as a few other options.
View Quote

My holster is a G17 length, extra tuck, medium sweat guard, 1 3/4 split loop. I ordered a G34 length to give it a try but it is just too long for me and my active job. Yesterday I spent a few hours belly crawling through an attic crawl space about 18" high and made dozens of trips up and down ladders. The G17 length holster was as comfortable as possible while carrying a full size G17 for 12 hours.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Great info, thanks.  I'm actually thinking about going with a G17 holster for my G26 since it seems to be the sweet spot for comfort and stability.  Did you get the .080 kydex or .093?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Great info, thanks.  I'm actually thinking about going with a G17 holster for my G26 since it seems to be the sweet spot for comfort and stability.  Did you get the .080 kydex or .093?
View Quote

I just went with the standard .080 and I couldn't imagine needing it thicker, they're very tough.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks.  Do you use the standard ride height belt loop or the high ride?  I'm thinking I should get the standard, but I don't want it to ride so low that it's hard to draw.  I think the high ride would probably be too tall for my taste however.  

Quoted:

I just went with the standard .080 and I couldn't imagine needing it thicker, they're very tough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks.  Do you use the standard ride height belt loop or the high ride?  I'm thinking I should get the standard, but I don't want it to ride so low that it's hard to draw.  I think the high ride would probably be too tall for my taste however.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Out of my 4 holsters I have 3 standard and 1 high. They all seem to conceal the same for me. You might check out the new jm custom George it will let you play with the ride height
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks, I was looking at the George as well.  After talking to Tony it turns out if you order the standard AIWB in the .093 it will come with both sets of holes, just like the George.  I'm just trying to decide if I want the .093 thickness.  Also trying to decide on the wedge size.  Since I plan on carrying a G26 I'm thinking a minimal wedge, since there isn't much grip to tuck.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

All mine are standard height. There's plenty of room to get a solid grip on the draw.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Just get the Fricke and get to carrying!
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Ended up placing an order for the JMCK AIWB.  Lots of options, but I went with the .080 thickness, Glock 17 length, full sweat shield, OD green color, standard height 1.50 split loop, extra tuck option, and I specified a small to minimal wedge since the Glock 26 grip is so short.  Hopefully it will be worth the wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top