Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2014 6:04:14 PM EDT
I need your help picking out a leather appendix holster. This is for Cmdr. size 1911. I've done a lot of looking online. Based on my criteria, I narrowed it down to three: Andrews MacDaniel 2 Crossdraw, JRC AIWB-CDA 2 Crossdraw, and Desbiens AIWB #4 HC RC. If you know of something better please let me know.  It must be leather, have full coverage/body shield, tuck the butt, and not print (either through sheer bulk, or even the belt loop).

Unfortunately I don't have $430(+shipping) to try all three or make any mistakes.  The biggest things Andrews has going for it are the adjustable cant, the mounting options, the full sweat shield, and the price.  Not a fan of the teardrop loop.  The Desbiens is non-adjustable, but appears to tuck the pistol well and has low profile loops.  Looks like its one of those that either works for you, or it doesn't.  It doesn't have a full sweat shield, but I wonder if it could be custom ordered?  The JRC is interesting in the numerous forms of adjustment that custom fit it to the user.  I've never tried a holster with an offset attachment, so I wonder about balance/flopping?  I also wonder about chafing from the yaw pad, how much the loop prints, and if it's possible to get a full sweat shield?  

I am requesting your answers and guidance.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know that you're really going to find much help on this. AIWB and kydex go together perfectly and I haven't seen much on leather appendix holsters. My EDC is a JM Custom AIWB but I'll tell you what I've found:
- Adjustability matters not a whit to me. Keeping it vertical but sliding it fore and aft on the belt let me find the perfect spot.
- Some sort of wedge that pushes the barrel portion out a bit keeps the grip in tight and makes it very easy to conceal.
- Tall sweat shield helps keep shirts and such free of the holster mouth.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried the JM. The belt loop printed like a pager and I looked pregnant. I need something lower profile. Otherwise it was a neat design.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:20:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I appendix carry a Shield in this.  http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-78-21-c-force-covert-force-holster.aspx  Very comfortable.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#4]
No personal experience but the Desbiens is the most popular leather option in my perusing around the interwebs.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Tennessee Holster Company.  Been using one for 6 years.  Great holster.  I prefer the clip to the loop.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:18:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I appendix carry a Shield in this.  http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-78-21-c-force-covert-force-holster.aspx  Very comfortable.
View Quote

You use that holster for appendix carry? The cant angle is pretty much completely opposite of what it needs to be.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:27:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Went JRC. I'll let you know what happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top