Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 9:17:18 PM EDT
I have had my kydex holster for about a year now and carry daily.  The belt clip finally gave it up today, right at the bend.
Thinking I should get a replacement that doesn't flex to clip OVER the belt, but rather get the kind that you run the belt through.

This is the type I have now.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I know you asked about clips, but if it were me, I would go with pull-the-dot coated webbing snap loops instead of a belt clip.

Think about it; that belt clip (which is actually one of the better ones out there probably) broke in a year of normal use. We're talking a couple of seconds longer for belt loops and much stronger in every regard than a clip.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
The Infidel belt clip from Comp-Tac looks like it might work and bows out just a little so you could run your belt through it. But, why not just keep the same kind of clip you have, put the holster on first, then run your belt through it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]
A single soft loop is where it is at.
I dislike the single fat loops because I always think they will pull off the belt.
I havent found a reason for dual soft loops because one does waht I need it to and I prefer the ability to cant my holster when I sit.

1020141926 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
*thoughts from an amatuer holster maker:

The clip broke because it is "hard mounted" to the holster and therefore bearing the wear and tear of flexing to slip over the belt. I (and most other makers) use rubber spacers between the clip and the holster which allow the clip to move slightly without bending the actual clip. I use small diameter rubber hose from any auto parts store. They sell it by the foot and it's very cheap. If you like this clip I would suggest adding the spacer next time. Also, you may want to inform the maker of your holster of the clip failure. We love feedback so we can improve our products, especially when we know guys are carrying in our gear that could potentially save their lives.  Also, if you want, I an send you a new clip and the spacers if you want. Just pm me if you want me to mail you that stuff.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I found out long ago (90`s) the clips and hooks suck.

I will only use pull the dot loops on IWB holsters. No other type!

I also only use simple fold overs IWB .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top