Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I posted in October that the G19 was too big for me to carry comfortably.  I thought IWB was out of e question.
Since then, I got an RM Holsters Low-Rider IWB, and I've been carrying the G19 with no problems.
Is it 100% comfortable in all situations--no.  But it's 100% comfortable in most situations! and 90% comfortable in a few situations.
I'm sure he has a guarantee, so maybe check him out.

Now I'm looking at other IWBs that people have recommended like the Silent Thinder GT.  Again, I think most of the ones I tried were just too wide and carried too high or something.  I went through 8-10 holsters, and still have 5-6 laying around (of which only 2 will ever get used besides the low-rider).
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hi, you might remember a thread of mine from months back asking what the largest pistol was that other smaller framed people could conceal. I guess it was too long ago to find the thread and reread it.

Anyways, I had purchased a Glock 19 with the intent to use it as both a range and carry pistol. It's too big for me to carry, as far as I can tell. If I'm honest, I could likely just wear larger clothing, but realistically, I would be more likely to just go back to wearing what I usually do instead. What I'd like is a pistol smaller than mine with the same manual of arms. That leaves me with a couple different options, mostly the compact double stacks like the 26 and 9c, or single stacks like the PF9, Shield, PPS, Kahr, etc. As much as I'd like to get a Glock 26, I'm not in the position to keep buying pistols in the hopes it would work. The width of the G19 seems just as much of an issue as the grip length. That leaves me with a single stack, which seems like a good option because I'm covered with winter weather carry (outside of my work uniform,) as well as a summer carry (which my uniform is more along the lines of) option with the Shield/Kahr.

My question, is which route would you take? Get the 26 and make it work, or hope it does? Or just go straight for one of the larger "pocket" 9s and cover the most bases?
View Quote

Without you stating what type of holster you're using, we don't have enough data to help you, period.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought an LC9s Pro with an extra mag and this Kusiak IWB holster. I use it at the 1-2 o'clock position and I'm very happy with both choices.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 19 and a 26.  I never carry the 26.  

I carry closer to appendix now. Not a problem
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ive never heard of a CCW being 100% comfortable.

Perhaps your expectations are too high?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
While I REALLY want to carry my Glock 19, and I've tried like 7 or 8 of the "top" recommended holsters (and still own 2 or 3), it's just too big for me.  I've got a belly that pushes the grip out and makes it print no matter what holster I use--though I did order an RM low-rider as my FINAL attempt.

Even the Shield was a bit too big and heavy to really carry and have it be (a) 100% comfortable in all positions (like sitting in the car), and with (b) 0% printing.  If you don't mind carrying cocked and locked, check out the Sig 938; if you don't mind carrying a kel-tec (and with a fluff-and-buff, mine were 100%) the PF-9 is very concealable, but snappy.  The new Ruger LC9s (STRIKER) is close to the Shield, so I'd go with the Shield over it.  

My LCP was great (in a pocket or OWB), but ultimately I decided on the G42 with a +1 follower (and an 8rd backup mag).  Now I have 16rds (albeit .380) in a gun that is fast and accurate because it shoots like a 22LR.  It's easy to throw in a pocket, but JS and RM both make great paddle holsters that conceal it perfectly.  While I'd prefer to just have 16rds in the G19, so far I haven't found a way to do it.

Ive never heard of a CCW being 100% comfortable.

Perhaps your expectations are too high?

My Smith 642 in an ElPaso Saddlery holster is an almost perfect carry under a blazer ...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top