Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2014 6:45:18 PM EDT
been changing carry postions and on my 2nd holster with my glock 19 but i still have the same problem. the slide is close to my body but the rear sight and grip stays about .5 to 1.5 inches away from me which makes for a good sized bulge under my shirt. im 6 foot and 145. how do i get that section of the pistol tucked in closer to me.

is it because im skinny or is the the holster im running which is a blade tech phantome /2/]link here
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My Kramer and Alessi don't do that.I've never used kydex for IWB. Could be the holster, could be your body shape.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Body shape caused different effects with different holsters from my experience.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
What belt are you using?  A good gun belt makes the difference between comfort and concealment - and neither.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a Little Foxx with my G19 and the grip actually turns into my body. I angle the gun forward in an "FBI' cant and even when I bend over it's well concealed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I use the Blade-Tech IWB holsters myself for a G23.  I have the Nano instead of the injection molded Phantom, but it should carry the same.  

About the only thing I can suggest is to rotate the holster around your belt line and try it in different positions.  I wear mine behind the hip and the Glock disappears.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#6]
What position are you carrying?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What belt are you using?  A good gun belt makes the difference between comfort and concealment - and neither.
View Quote

This. If the weapon / holster is pulling away from your body, I'd strongly suspect the belt as the issue. Are you using a belt meant for carry?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#8]
A horsehide Crossbreed Super Tuck on a well made gun belt is the answer to your problem.

P220 Carry Equinox; heavier and larger frame than a Glock 19.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use the Blade-Tech IWB holsters myself for a G23.  I have the Nano instead of the injection molded Phantom, but it should carry the same.  

About the only thing I can suggest is to rotate the holster around your belt line and try it in different positions.  I wear mine behind the hip and the Glock disappears.

View Quote

I have a NANO for my P30S and there better made but  discontinued IWB for my P229 that fits me even better and has a lower ride than the NANO.

Both hide the above pistols well.

I prefer simple IWB built like the blade tech or what I call a fold over
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Body shape caused different effects with different holsters from my experience.
View Quote

And that means you need to move it around to find the sweet spot.

I didn't see where you mention what kind of belt you are using.  That might also be a part of your problem.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#11]
You have to have a stiff gun belt. And the belt should be as wide as the belt loops. I stick with a 1 1/2" belt and buy holsters with 1 1/2" belt loops. That works with dress pants, where the wider belts don't.

I've been using these belts with my Blade-Tech holster.

http://www.gunnersalley.com/gunners-alley-gun-belts/

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A horsehide Crossbreed Super Tuck on a well made gun belt is the answer to your problem.

P220 Carry Equinox; heavier and larger frame than a Glock 19.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/americafirst46/Mobile%20Uploads/20140818_155445_zps5b0cf944.jpg

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/americafirst46/Mobile%20Uploads/20140818_155439_zps1d0dfe55.jpg
View Quote

This. I also really recommend the Ares Ranger belt or equivalent to tighten things up and support the weapon properly. I carried a G19 and G17 in a crossbreed super tuck for a few years and currently carry a full size railed 1911 more comfortably and less printed than the Glocks. That is due to the Ranger belt. Actually holds the weight of the gun where my leather crossbreed belt sagged and became uncomfortable.

Gotta spend a little coin but carrying comfortably is priceless!
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I am a similar build (6' ~145#). I use a standard belt and my Minotaur MTAC pulls the pistol right where it needs to be. This is true of the P2000 and USPc 45 I carry/carried. The depth and cant can be adjusted. The crossbreed super tucks are similar. One of these type of holsters may help or be an answer for you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't overplay printing. How many times have you recognized that someone was CCW?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#15]
An IWB holster with the belt loops/clips directly behind the holster will not carry as closely as one where the clips or hooks are outside of the holster.

Compare the position of the hooks/clips on your holster, OP, with those one holsters like the King Tuk, crossbreed supertuck, etc.  

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Get a non tactical looking stiff belt. Change the level where your belt line is riding (Mine sags and prints more throughout the day and I have to fix it). See if you have any buddies or a gun shop where you can test out different holsters too. Some stick a LOT closer to your body than others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top