Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2014 8:19:21 AM EDT
Hello
For the last 7 mos I have been testing some weapons for my carry weapons.

I have been working with 8 different weapons.
4 in 45 acp and 4 in 9mm because those are the two calibers I am interested in.

in 45 acp Glock 21 gen4, glock30 gen4,Sig p220 and the sig p220 carry.
in 9mm Glock17, glock19 both gen4's and the sig p226 and the sig p229.

Out of many rds down range I have narrowed it down to four weapons for my carry rotation.

The glock 30 gen4  and the sig p220  and the glock 19 gen4 and the sig p226.

Now I am in the process of getting those four to two choices.

I will choose with in the next month, for those of you that have have experience in these four which ones do you think you might choose?

I 've got to tell you I am leading towards the P220 and the p226 I tend to shoot all four about the same and with the same speed and accuracy.
Even tho the sigs are a little heavy not bad for concealment with the right gear. I can see the p226 getting the most carry time.

Thanks all

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The Sig 220 and 226 are big guns to conceal on a daily basis.  Honestly the others in the group don't do anything a G19 doesn't do better.  I own or have owned almost all of those choices (except my big frame Glocks are/were 10mm, not 45), and I carry my G19 the vast majority of the time.  When I don't, I'm usually carrying something smaller - either a G26 or S&W 442.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Having owned and carried all of the guns in your list plus quite a few others, I always end up back with a Glock 19.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Pick one type and stick with it.

I love my short extractor P229 40S&W. and so far shoot it better than my 9mm HK P30S
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I have owned almost everything on your list.  I have a tote full of old holsters from trying different setups.

I always end up going back to the Glock 19 as the best balance of concealability, power and reliability.

When I have tighter clothes or want something lighter I go with the G26.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top