Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 11:11:04 AM EDT
I started by carrying a Ruger LCP. Then I took some training and came to the conclusion that (1) pocket carry sucks, and (2) I would hate to be in a gunfight with a Ruger LCP in my hand.

Therefore I changed how I dress to accommodate my new carry equipment, which is a Glock 19 in a Kydex holster, two kydex mag carriers, and a THICK leather belt that goes thru my pant loops.

However....I am still stuffing my pockets with the rest of my gear, a Fenix PD30 and a Benchmade auto...PLUS and Iphone and keys and a wallet.

SO.....I have the bulk of a duty belt essentially without the benefit of all the gear being ON the belt. Not trying to warbelt myself. Just trying to put on belt what I have stuffed in pockets.

DOES ANYONE here untuck their shirt everyday and BELT carry their entire EDC gear? If so...can you share with me how you do it? DO you use the little clips on the light and knife? Do you sheath your knife and/or light? Where do you carry on the belt by o'clock?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I quit doing the Batman Thing years ago.  LCP in a pocket with some practice is fine.  You could always get it a little IWB holster if you hate pocket carry that much.

That said, when I do feel the need to Load Up, cargo pants and a cover garment is the way to go.  Yes, you will stick out like a sore thumb in August heat, but, Batman would do it in a black leather body suit, so .... man up, right?

Also, if you do want to carry it all on the belt, look into Crossbreed holsters and mag pouches.  I have some, and they are very comfortable for full size automatics IWB.  Have a full set for both my 1911 and my CZ75.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Work EDC is an LCP in a Nemesis holster, leatherman wave on the the belt, a pen and an IPhone. I am a commercial painting contractor. I can't wear the bat belt. I work over my head a lot and I just can't reliably conceal anything on my belt line. I do have a lock box in my truck with a loaded G17 and spare mag. It's right under my driver seat.

If I am going into an extremely restrictive environment while off work , I carry the LCP in my pocket, a spare 7 round mag and SF EB1 in weak side pocket, Spyderco Endura SS clipped IWB. I feel fairly well armed with the big, flat folder backing up the mouse gun. I have been doing a little training with knives but they are still more of a tool than a weapon. I would use this load out at sporting events, concerts and sometimes weddings.

If I am just wearing street clothes going about my normal life, I carry at minimum my G19 in an Mtac, folder in the strong side pocket, EB1 in weak side front pocket and spare mag in weak side hip pocket. Plus phone, wallet and keys.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Best way into the AIWB party is the RCS Vanguard 2. The least bulky and least expensive option. It's only weak spot is re-holstering.

Also, I feel perfectly comfortable with 1 spare mag
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep the cash, wallet, keys, flashlight phone and knife in my pockets.

They're items that get used enough that I don't care to expose the beltline (and the gun) to access them.

I do however go pretty minimalist on the wallet & keys.  A thin card folio in the back left, money clip and cash front right.  And I also only carry one key, for the car.  Left front.
Knife in right front or rear depending on pants style and or pocket carry.

Flashlight & Phone tend to move into coats & vests as the weather cools.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going the opposite direction. After decades of carrying full size pistols, I'm looking to go as light as possible. I'm considering getting an LCP with a kydex pocket holster. The rest of the 'Bat Gear' would be carried in a satchel along with my phone, tablet, et cetera. I might add a jacket pocket carried .357 LCR in winter.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry for a living and when I'm off I carry a DB9 or a BG.380 in an IWB holster. On occasion I might use a pocket holster.

Assuming I'm going somewhere I think its smarter to have more gun I MIGHT take my G19. I'm not going to wear goofy looking over-sized shirts or wear a 'cover garment' and look like I'm about to go on a safari though. The whole dress around your gun thing is fine but if you look goofy/like an oddball, nah...I typically wear an athletic fit T shirt or V-neck or a polo that is fitted as well so carrying a double stack isn't exactly feasible.

I am considering buying a niche gun that fits in the middle. IE a Kahr P9, Shield, or Sig 939.... (7+1 of 9 instead of 6+1). But as for carrying fullsize... Nah.

Quoted:
Best way into the AIWB party is the RCS Vanguard 2. The least bulky and least expensive option. It's only weak spot is re-holstering.

Also, I feel perfectly comfortable with 1 spare mag
View Quote

Just ordered 1 for my 19. I find its A LOT easier to conceal it without a holster... Holsters add a lot of bulk.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Kahr's PM/CM series is the closest you'll get to affordable and compact in greater than 9mm sizes.  The Diamond Back DB9 looks pretty nice but I haven't shot one and it hasn't been on the market as long as Kahr's PM/CM line up.

Not my review but it's interesteing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvYhtE2oGr4

Mentions that the DB9 can't handle +P/+P+ rounds while the Kahr PM9/CM9 will do so.

If I could find a DB9 in the 250-300 delivered range, I'd probably buy one to compare with the PM9 & PM40 I already have.

Wes
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#9]
My db9 broker after 642 rounds of win white box.  I sent it back and they fixed it but I won't carry it.  Now I carry a 342 pd or a g26.  If you're only carrying one small gun make sure it's well made. My db9 was 100 percent reliable until it broke.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I started by carrying a Ruger LCP. Then I took some training and came to the conclusion that (1) pocket carry sucks, and (2) I would hate to be in a gunfight with a Ruger LCP in my hand.

Therefore I changed how I dress to accommodate my new carry equipment, which is a Glock 19 in a Kydex holster, two kydex mag carriers, and a THICK leather belt that goes thru my pant loops.

However....I am still stuffing my pockets with the rest of my gear, a Fenix PD30 and a Benchmade auto...PLUS and Iphone and keys and a wallet.

SO.....I have the bulk of a duty belt essentially without the benefit of all the gear being ON the belt. Not trying to warbelt myself. Just trying to put on belt what I have stuffed in pockets.

DOES ANYONE here untuck their shirt everyday and BELT carry their entire EDC gear? If so...can you share with me how you do it? DO you use the little clips on the light and knife? Do you sheath your knife and/or light? Where do you carry on the belt by o'clock?
View Quote

I bought a holster for my Iphone.  I had a blackberry before it so I got something close to that.  It makes it much easier and faster to answer the phone.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't get it. I carry a G19/TLR1 in either an OWB or IWB depending on dress. Even in the august heat and humidity, it conceals easily under a Colombia fishing shirt or polo. Cargo shorts or jeans depending on weather. Of course, I wear the same thing at work. Maybe I'm just used to it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I wear jeans on most days, and what works for me is phone right front pocket, with inforce 6vx (not a super tiny light) clipped to the far right corner of my pants with the light on the inside. left side front pocket is my SOG folding knife, clipped inside and pushed all the way to the left corner, and wallet in my front left pocket as well. Keys go on a D ring/clip and generally ride the 9:00 ish position attached to a belt loop. leaves both back pockets free for whatever. HK45c with attached tlr3 on right side IWB, and spare mag weak side OWB in a kydex mag carrier.

I can wear tshirts, button downs, regular clothes and I don't look like batman. I also use a beltman belt so it is amazing at its job. The big thing for most guys is they carry a wallet in a rear pocket. I just got tired of sitting on my wallet. Also not having your keys in your pants to me is more comfortable. and if I ever need to stop them from jingling the little that they do I can push them partly into my rear pocket and you cant even tell.

takes a bit of getting use to when you normally put certain things in specific pockets and than change it. But I like having everything up front. best of luck!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Sig Pro 2022 IWB at 9 oclock. Knife in front right pocket. Wallet in back pocket. Keys go in right outermost pocket (jeans, vest, jacket, whatever). Phone goes in whatever pocket I throw it in when I'm done with it (seems to migrate more than the Swallows of Capistrano). Light with belt clipped in left pocket. That's my standard daily loadout.

If I grab my spare mag, it goes in front left pocket (I really need a kydex IWB holder for this). But half the time I don't carry it on me. That really isn't a lot of stuff to carry*. If you need more pockets, wear a jacket or vest, or switch to cargo pants/shorts. When I'm in cargos, my wallet goes to my right thigh pocket with keys when I'm not driving.

*I work on an ambulance and my work loadout is a lot heavier, and only 2 things are on my belt, it's in cargo pockets. At work I carry: Gerber Seat Belt Hook, Gerber Diesel Multitool, Gerber folding knife, trauma shears, keys x2 (my personal keys, and keys to ambulance), Streamlight Micro, Streamlight Pen Light, Fenix PD30, 150 page protocol book, 4x 10CC Normal Saline Flushes, 5x pairs of gloves, wallet, and phone.

That's the beauty of cargo pants. Lots of pockets to fill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top