Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Have carried four guns before but that was mainly for fun. My wife told me I can't carry two gun while in the house

Currently from the time I get up till I go to bed have a 1911, spare mag, knife, pepper spray and a flash light. I live with this working to shopping and etc.. Damn would like to work another gun into it but not sure if can.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:35:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I feel like I'm already carrying too much stuff with a couple extra mags
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Model 10 owb in a Roy's pancake and 642 in a pocket holster, on rare occasion
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I usually carry a glock 19 iwb on my right side and a ruger lcp in my left front pocket.  It's not prefect but it works for me.  I don't necessarily forsee me needing 2 guns in a confrontation but there are times when i need to drop the 19 for concealment concerns and its nice to have the lcp for those occasions.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just to demonstrate carry methods and how easily you can hide weapons on you.
The most I carried at a time was a glock 17 IWB, a glock 26 in the pocket and an asp in the back pocket when I had to do cash drops of 5 grand plus.
View Quote

I can see carrying a G26 in the pocket if you're standing in front of a class, but that gun is a brick in the pocket. My airweight J-frame prints bad enough if I have to squat.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
When off duty I damn near always have an LCP in a pocket and a larger handgun (whatever I'm feeling that day) somewhere on me. Spare mag for both carried as well.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Glock 26 on my ankle almost always. When I can carry a larger firearm I will but I don't take off the 26 when I do.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I think that's just too much shit in your pockets for regular guys out and about. Practicing malfunction clearing and weapon retention will get you a lot further a lot faster.

The exception to that would be for LEOs who have to put hands on people consistently, but even then if it comes to a wrestling match you would be better off beating the shit out of the guy than taking your hands off your main weapon to reach for another.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:26:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I carry a full/midsize gun(HK VP9, Sig P220 sas carry, S&W SD9, or a Lionheart LH9) at 4 o'clock iwb, and a reload on the weak side. Also a G26 in a Galco Ankleglove when it's pants weather, and a Karh CM9 in the cargo pocket of my shorts in the summer. I understand why people don't carry a backup or spare mag, but I find it funny when people say "if I need more than x numer of rounds, then I'm just done for", it just seems like they have this idea of how a gun fight is going to go, i always assume it's go to go the worse possible way. This is just my 2 cents, and I am by no means anyone to be taken as a expert.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:31:22 AM EDT
[#10]
6' 192lbs checking in

glock 36 strong side iwb, lcp weak side iwb, and reload for the glock weak side pocket with cell phone is very manageable for me even with keys, wallet, 4in folder to complete out my EDC (no dedicated flashlight, iphone app works just fine)

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:57:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Haven't carried even a single one in a long time.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:01:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Would sometimes carry a G19 at 4 o'clock and a KelTec P32 appendix. Sold the P32 to fund AR parts though. So now of days I only carry my Glock. Looking into S&W Air Weights though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:04:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Never.  Half the time I don't even carry one.  The university frowns upon such things.
View Quote

Unfortunately this. I need to carry more.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:26:05 PM EDT
[#15]
There are times I do. On those days its a S&W 340 PD air lite with CT grip. IWB @ 11:00
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My original reason for asking about this carry style, was based on the website post:   http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/01/robert-farago/rabbi-carries-three-guns-carry-one/       The article, with video, explains and shows why the rabbi carries three guns.....sort of.  In his "training" video he doesn't use anything besides his one firearm on his right hip.  Which is fine, but if he carries three guns I expected to see him train using more than one gun......maybe even three.  That is why I asked about people training with their primary and their backup or backups to see if anyone had any advice to someone who might be interested but isn't quite sold on the idea.

With all that said, I shot a Nighthawk 1911 (not sure what model but it was 5") and out of 100 rounds I had 6 malfunctions.  I also put 100 rounds through a springfield XDS .45 and had 3 failures.  Both guns are i'm sure reliable guns by many peoples standards, but tools fail and guns are tools.  That's what gets me thinking more about a backup instead of an extra mag.
View Quote

3 failures out of 100 on a centerfire gun is too many.  That is send it back to get fixed or get rid of it time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#17]
John Farnam carries three, main pistol on the strong side around 4 o'clock, J-frame in a shoulder holster under his weak side arm, and a P3AT or LCP in a neck holster. Of course he is a LEO instructor and strongly recommends all officers carry at least one BUG.

I carry two most of the time, it is hard to argue against a spare LCP in a vest/jacket pocket.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:40:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No need to carry two guns when my edc is a serbu super shorty.
View Quote

Damn !!!!!!! you win buddy
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#19]
One seldom mentioned reason that carrying two pistols can be a good idea is when you find yourself in a dangerous situation and you are with a friend who is legal to carry but isn't carrying.

Your ability to arm your friend gives you two armed good guys to deal with the situation.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:07:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I tried it back in TX.  I found it extremely inconvenient.  Carrying even one gun is a chore (but one I did willingly and that I would do again in a heartbeat if CA ever makes it easier to get CCW licenses), make no mistake about it.  

From my experience (just messing around walking around the house with multiple CCWs), it would only be 'worth it' if you could open carry OWB, that way youre not cramming 10 lbs of fat metal into your pants, and at least that way its outside of your clothing. Maybe if you have really really baggy pants and skinny legs, but if you have muscular or fat legs, forget about it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I tried it back in TX.  I found it extremely inconvenient.  Carrying even one gun is a chore (but one I did willingly and that I would do again in a heartbeat if CA ever makes it easier to get CCW licenses), make no mistake about it.  

From my experience (just messing around walking around the house with multiple CCWs), it would only be 'worth it' if you could open carry OWB, that way youre not cramming 10 lbs of fat metal into your pants, and at least that way its outside of your clothing. Maybe if you have really really baggy pants and skinny legs, but if you have muscular or fat legs, forget about it.
View Quote

Are you carry both on your belt?  Try a second location for the backup ie: pocket, ankle, shoulder

CD
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are you carry both on your belt?  Try a second location for the backup ie: pocket, ankle, shoulder

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CD

You can also carry OWB and still carry concealed.  I carry OWB with just an untucked shirt or jacket over the gun pretty regularly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Do people really carry INSIDE their homes? That seems ridiculous. Why not just leave one by the door if you're that worried?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do people really carry INSIDE their homes? That seems ridiculous. Why not just leave one by the door if you're that worried?
View Quote

Search function, yo.

Do you carry while at home?
Do you carry in your home?
Do you open carry at home?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

100% of home invasions happen in the home.  True statistic.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Side-track:
Do you have any back-doors?  Garage?  Any ground-level windows or other side entrances?  Do you have a gun for each?  What if the bad guy is already in your house and you can't get to that stashed gun?  Is your mailbox by the street away from that front door?  Ever have to run out to your car for something after you've put your gun by the door?  How proficient are you at retrieving that gun from it's resting place?  While you're sitting on the can and your door is being kicked in?

Have you ever had your face caved-in by hood-rats that kicked in your front door? And then been forced to watch your wife or daughter be gang-raped and beat up?  

I haven't either.  I'm doing my best to never let that happen.  I carry everywhere I can, every day, including my home.   Many would look at me with   faces and think I've gone crazy, but I don't care.   I'd never forgive myself if I was unable to protect my family because I was complacent about their security.    

Simple truth is that if anyone threatens physical harm to my family, I will  respond as quickly and violently as I can.

I'm a normal guy who lives pretty exceptional life with an awesome family and I aim to keep it that way.  

My family is my life.

Back to the topic: One gun, two mags.  Although I've been considering a pocket-sized gun.  I was tempted by the $299 CM9's over Black Friday, but not enough to pry the greenbacks out of my wallet.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#27]
no.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Side-track:
[div style='margin-left: 40px;']Do you have any back-doors?  Garage?  Any ground-level windows or other side entrances?  Do you have a gun for each?  What if the bad guy is already in your house and you can't get to that stashed gun?  Is your mailbox by the street away from that front door?  Ever have to run out to your car for something after you've put your gun by the door?  How proficient are you at retrieving that gun from it's resting place?  While you're sitting on the can and your door is being kicked in?

Have you ever had your face caved-in by hood-rats that kicked in your front door? And then been forced to watch your wife or daughter be gang-raped and beat up?  

I haven't either.  I'm doing my best to never let that happen.  I carry everywhere I can, every day, including my home.   Many would look at me with   faces and think I've gone crazy, but I don't care.   I'd never forgive myself if I was unable to protect my family because I was complacent about their security.    

Simple truth is that if anyone threatens physical harm to my family, I will  respond as quickly and violently as I can.

I'm a normal guy who lives pretty exceptional life with an awesome family and I aim to keep it that way.  

My family is my life.

Back to the topic: One gun, two mags.  Although I've been considering a pocket-sized gun.  I was tempted by the $299 CM9's over Black Friday, but not enough to pry the greenbacks out of my wallet.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Side-track:
[div style='margin-left: 40px;']Do you have any back-doors?  Garage?  Any ground-level windows or other side entrances?  Do you have a gun for each?  What if the bad guy is already in your house and you can't get to that stashed gun?  Is your mailbox by the street away from that front door?  Ever have to run out to your car for something after you've put your gun by the door?  How proficient are you at retrieving that gun from it's resting place?  While you're sitting on the can and your door is being kicked in?

My family is my life.

Some of them come in a couple doors at once.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Nope, only carry one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top