Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2014 8:20:46 PM EDT
Hey guys, I need some advice.  My mom just got her carry permit, and now she is trying to figure out the best way to carry her gun (a Ruger LCR).  So, how does your wife, girlfriend, or SO carry their gun?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I need some advice.  My mom just got her carry permit, and now she is trying to figure out the best way to carry her gun (a Ruger LCR).  So, how does your wife, girlfriend, or SO carry their gun?
View Quote

She has an IWB holster, Comp-tac Minotaur.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife uses a purse that is made to hold a pistol (LC9). She also uses a bra holster for her LCP.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't get my girlfriend to shoot any other than an old remington 22 rifle...so far.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't get my girlfriend to shoot any other than an old remington 22 rifle...so far.
View Quote

Yeah, my wife refuses to carry. But, her favorite handgun is my mighty S&W Model 28 .357 magnum.
She keeps it in her "unmentionables" drawer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Belly band, 12 o'clock, low on the hips, P3AT, 2 spare mags.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, my wife refuses to carry. But, her favorite handgun is my mighty S&W Model 28 .357 magnum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She'll also shoot my old Ivers 22 revolver. She's talked about carrying a little semi auto 22, so I might have to pick one up and hold her to it. I'd rather he have that than nothing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife uses a Toyota sequoia to carry hers
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry my 9mm Shield in this IWB Kydex holster from the Well-Armed Woman, appendix, about one o'clock. Conceals very well. I had one for my Ruger LCR that I just sold (the gun).

Spare mag is usually in my purse, sometimes on me (in a IWB mag holster from PJ Custom Holsters that was given to me).

I'm going to get one of the kydex holsters for my new M&P 9 full-size, as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife has two carry guns depending on the time of year and amount of cloths

A Glock 19 in a CrossBreed Super Tuck
or
A Ruger LC9 in either a belly band or N8^2 tactical holster
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A Ruger LC9 in either a belly band or N8^2 tactical holster
View Quote

I just took the MAG-20 live fire class today with my new M&P 9 in a borrowed N82 tactical pro holster (I don't have a holster for the M&P yet). That was my first time wearing a holster that had more material to it than my minimal kydex holster. It was very comfy, though. It has neoprene cushioning the backing, so it's not just a stiff piece of leather.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Fanny pack.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#12]
In the glove compartment. She doesn't have a CCP
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Usually in her purse, but sometimes in an IWB holster.  Also carries from time to time in the glove box of her soccer mom van.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:36:09 AM EDT
[#14]
CCW purse or a FoxX OWB if the clothing works. Kahr CM9
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#15]
My wife carries a Kahr CW9 in her purse.  She has it secured in there using a VanGuard Holster from Raven Concealment.  I would much rather her carry on body, but she just doesn't like that and the VanGuard works well for her.  Oh well, at least she's carrying!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Wife carries a DB9 in a Li'l Foxx holster at about 4-5 o'clock, or in a crummy soft IWB if no belt, also has a purse designed for carry that gets used when it can't be worn.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Good advice here, but also tell her to go on the corneredcat website.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#18]
On my hip at 2:30-3:00
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Unfortunately, usually in her purse in warm weather. I think this method sucks because a purse is easily taken away. Also, a woman's purse is a version of a black hole which defies all logic and physics- they can fit anything in it and then lose that thing. In warm weather she carries it in a jacket pocket.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, usually in her purse in warm weather. I think this method sucks because a purse is easily taken away. Also, a woman's purse is a version of a black hole which defies all logic and physics- they can fit anything in it and then lose that thing. In warm weather she carries it in a jacket pocket.
View Quote

There are purses specifically made for CCW with dedicated pistol compartments. That solves the black hole issue. Some have slash proof straps. I like the ones from Gun Tote'n Mamas. Suggest you have your wife check them out.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Purse Defender

We are still waiting for our permits so it hasn't seen use outside of house. Bought while it was on a good sale after doing a bunch of research and discussing options with her.

Pretty impressed with construction and deployment
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#22]
My wife shoots and has lots of guns however she doesn't carry because it's a "pain"  and never works with her clothes.  [facepalm]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#23]
My wife refuses any kind of on-body carry.  Keeps her Shield in her purse - gun in a Desantis Nemesis, placed in a dedicated compartment with nothing else in it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#24]
why would you let them carry a gun in their purse? that has to be the most retarded thing you could do.
my girlfriend got her purse snatched at college when she was late to class. the black kid thought he was gangster by stealing a MK purse from a 5'3 100lb blonde girl...she got it back, after a few swears and some name calling, and playing tug of war..., people started to come around the corner and he let go and took off. but if she didnt get it back and if she had a gun at the time, now there would a stolen firearm involved, which could be used against her.. no matter where you go, your gun should be attached to you. your wife or girlfriend could have their purse stolen or grabbed, while getting attacked by another asshole, and now their defenseless.

my .02
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Purse specifically made for CCW. Amazon for $60.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
why would you let them carry a gun in their purse? that has to be the most retarded thing you could do.
my girlfriend got her purse snatched at college when she was late to class. the black kid thought he was gangster by stealing a MK purse from a 5'3 100lb blonde girl...she got it back, after a few swears and some name calling, and playing tug of war..., people started to come around the corner and he let go and took off. but if she didnt get it back and if she had a gun at the time, now there would a stolen firearm involved, which could be used against her.. no matter where you go, your gun should be attached to you. your wife or girlfriend could have their purse stolen or grabbed, while getting attacked by another asshole, and now their defenseless.

my .02
View Quote

This. Off body carry is unacceptable.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#27]
My wife carries her G30 at 12:30 with a slightly oversized shirt.  She's got bewbies that hold her shirt out and away from the pistol.....and let's face it--99% of the male population spends more time looking at breasticles than anything else.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#28]
My wife tends to carry in a "smart carry" or "belly band" type holster she sewed up herself from 4" elastic in the appendix position.  Sig 938.  If she's wearing jeans (and therefore a belt) she'll carry in a leather IWB at 4 o'clock.  DW VBOB.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Sig p238 in a flashbang holster, some women have found them uncomfortable but my wife likes hers fine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#30]
...on me IWB at 8 o'clock.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There are purses specifically made for CCW with dedicated pistol compartments. That solves the black hole issue. Some have slash proof straps. I like the ones from Gun Tote'n Mamas. Suggest you have your wife check them out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I talked my wife out of putting her ccw in her purse. She can always replace what's in there. I told her to just let it go and run. Maybe that's enough for the bad guys but worst case she is still armed. She uses a IWB from Highnoon
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#32]
My girlfriend open carries a G19 and two spare mags, just like me!
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My girlfriend open carries a G19 and two spare mags, just like me!
View Quote

There's a lot to be said for being able to trade mags with the folks you're around all the time.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#34]
My girlfriend hasn't figured it out. However, I was at a good friends house and his girlfriend showed me her set up.

Gun Tote'n Mamas

She has that purse and carries a Glock 23. What her boyfriend did was take a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 and run a small amount of paracord through the area where you can attach the lanyard loop or the snap loop. He then attached it to a piece of velcro.

The velcro attaches to the inside of the pistol compartment on the purse and the gun is secured. That way when it is drawn it pops right out of the holster and is ready to rumble.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Generally she carries either owb or iwb.  Like me she prefers cross.

But when the kids were small, she would often carry in a diaper bag.  I wasn't worried bout any one snatching it, they likely grab the purse first.  She got away with this until one of the boys told her she was too "old" to get away with it.  Yes, he did survive, but just barely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top