BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your weapon sounds kinda ugly. My keychain is pretty. Worth the money, IMHO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't spend any money on a kubaton. I was over in London last year, couldn't even carry a knife for protection, and the brits aren't keen on the right to self defense because  [law abiding] "people shouldn't be carrying weapons around" (yet, somehow London is also the only place I've ever been mugged...) and I made my own. Get a 4 1/2 inch long bolt (you or a buddy probably has one laying around), and tie paracord (you better have some of this. If not, go out and buy 100 feet of it right now) around it using a box knot (youtube how to do it). It works better than any one you'll buy online, and not that I have done it... but, you can walk right through customs with one and nobody will blink an eye. Not sure you could do that with a more "fancy" kubaton.

The other low profile option is to tie a monkey's fist around a steel ball bearing... I used to carry my keys like this, but when my knife moved to my front right pocket, the monkey's fist got in the way of a clean draw so it had to go. Thinking of moving my knife to the back left and bringing back the monkey's fist but I digress.

Either way, don't waste money on a "real" kubaton. Make your own.

$11 and free shipping with Prime. I tend to agree with you.

However, his point of people not knowing it's even a weapon if you DIY is valid. I don't ever travel internationally or even by air, though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

However, his point of people not knowing it's even a weapon if you DIY is valid. I don't ever travel internationally or even by air, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't spend any money on a kubaton. I was over in London last year, couldn't even carry a knife for protection, and the brits aren't keen on the right to self defense because  [law abiding] "people shouldn't be carrying weapons around" (yet, somehow London is also the only place I've ever been mugged...) and I made my own. Get a 4 1/2 inch long bolt (you or a buddy probably has one laying around), and tie paracord (you better have some of this. If not, go out and buy 100 feet of it right now) around it using a box knot (youtube how to do it). It works better than any one you'll buy online, and not that I have done it... but, you can walk right through customs with one and nobody will blink an eye. Not sure you could do that with a more "fancy" kubaton.

The other low profile option is to tie a monkey's fist around a steel ball bearing... I used to carry my keys like this, but when my knife moved to my front right pocket, the monkey's fist got in the way of a clean draw so it had to go. Thinking of moving my knife to the back left and bringing back the monkey's fist but I digress.

Either way, don't waste money on a "real" kubaton. Make your own.

I have to disagree. A big bolt is easily recognized as a weapon. Especially in England, home of the Millwall brick.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top