Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 9:10:56 PM EDT
What, if any do you carry?

I carry a small collapsible baton semi regularly. It's on me nearly every time I'm walking my dogs, just in case we encounter a loose dog. Its not part of my edc though.

Just curious what everyone else carries, and why.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a retired high school teacher, and still attend many athletic events... under Florida law, I am precluded from carrying at these events... I carry a high intensity flashlight... Solar Force L2M with a 650 lumen module... flashed in the eyes, this thing can seriously disorient you
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't,  with keys, wallet, hanky, cell phone, flashlight, knife, gun, spare mag, multi-tool, duct tape, fero rod, lighter, etc,  there is very little room to spare.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#3]
OC or Pepper spray when ever I leave the house.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I carry a small collapsible baton semi regularly. It's on me nearly every time I'm walking my dogs, just in case we encounter a loose dog. Its not part of my edc though.

View Quote

If something like a pit attacks when you are walking your dog, believe me a baton will do nothing for you.  I carry a 1 pound can of Foxlabs pepper spray.  I have sprayed 2 charging pits this year and it has stopped them both in their tracks.  My backup is a G30 but I hope I never ever have to go that route.  A little can of pepper spray is not going to help either.  You need the 1 pound crowd control that shoots a fog 30 feet.  That does the job.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If something like a pit attacks when you are walking your dog, believe me a baton will do nothing for you.  I carry a 1 pound can of Foxlabs pepper spray.  I have sprayed 2 charging pits this year and it has stopped them both in their tracks.  My backup is a G30 but I hope I never ever have to go that route.  A little can of pepper spray is not going to help either.  You need the 1 pound crowd control that shoots a fog 30 feet.  That does the job.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know pepper spray would probably be more effective, but I like that I also have the option of using the baton as a breaker bar in case a dog was to get ahold of my dog.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

A baton is not "non-lethal".  

pretty much useless against a dog.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#7]
OC & high power flashlight I go no where without these. But I also am almost never without my firearm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top