Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2014 8:58:30 PM EDT
I carry a HK USP full size 45, I had been carrying it in a blackhawk serpa holster for a few years, although good, I'd like to get away from the button. I recently bought a comptac holster for it, I like this one a lot more for a bunch of reasons, 1 piece design, higher quality than the blackhawk IMO, and excellent customer service, only down side I'm seeing is it has very little to no forward cant, which makes it feel like the grip of the pistol is sticking out, so I'm looking for one kind of in the middle of the two, I have looked at blade tech, those look pretty good, just wanted to see if anyone else had found a company that makes a nice one also, also I carry it on a 1.75" wide belt also

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Safariland

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Safariland

View Quote

Yep a 6378.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks, ill take a look
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I took a look at the safari land, it looked like the holster has something you have to press with your thumb on the draw, their ALS they call it, I just want to be able to pull it out of the holster with no buttons involved. I ended up biting the bullet and signing up for raven concealments 4-6 week wait, got their phantom holster with pancake owb loops and a set of tuckable iwb loops as well
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I took a look at the safari land, it looked like the holster has something you have to press with your thumb on the draw, their ALS they call it, I just want to be able to pull it out of the holster with no buttons involved. I ended up biting the bullet and signing up for raven concealments 4-6 week wait, got their phantom holster with pancake owb loops and a set of tuckable iwb loops as well
View Quote

Good call, be sure to post your impressions!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not a retention holster.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmm maybe i had my terminology incorrect?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Retention holster usually refers to a Lvl II or Lvl III holster that requires some sort of release to be manipulated in order for the pistol to be drawn. That's why we suggested the Safariland with the ALS system, in my opinion it is the best way to go for a concealable Lvl II retention holster. The ALS lever is perfectly positioned to be released by your thumb when you grip the pistol.

A Raven Phantom is technically a Lvl I holster as it is form fitted and only holds the pistol in by friction. The  Phantom is a very good holster though and I bet you're really going to like it. If I still carried OWB at all I'd have one and the pancake wings make it stupid easy to conceal for an OWB holster.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Retention holster usually refers to a Lvl II or Lvl III holster that requires some sort of release to be manipulated in order for the pistol to be drawn. That's why we suggested the Safariland with the ALS system, in my opinion it is the best way to go for a concealable Lvl II retention holster. The ALS lever is perfectly positioned to be released by your thumb when you grip the pistol.

A Raven Phantom is technically a Lvl I holster as it is form fitted and only holds the pistol in by friction. The  Phantom is a very good holster though and I bet you're really going to like it. If I still carried OWB at all I'd have one and the pancake wings make it stupid easy to conceal for an OWB holster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for the help, i didnt realize there was a difference. but i hope the holster is as good as everyone says it is, ive used the blackhawk serpa holster for about 5 years now, bought the comptac belt holster and really like it, but i wanted something with a little cant, and the fact that the phantom is modular and i can use the pancake wings or iwb clips is nice
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I was like "Am I out of my mind, why would I recommend a 6378 if he didn't want a retention holster?"

No sweat, we all learn new things. For sure check out the Raven Concealment Phantom. There are hundreds of Raven clone holster out there and I used to look at those as an option, but since Raven's wait times have shrunk and their prices are very similar, I'd go Raven.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered the raven phantom, currently carrying in my comp tac, which is also a great holster, very comfortable especially sitting down. And I'm sure some of my issues may come from carrying a full size pistol, but oh well, its what I like and am comfortable with
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#12]
If you just want a nice concealable owb, Simply Rugged makes some great stuff.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry for not updating sooner, so I ordered the RCS phantom holster with the 2" pancake loops and a 2nd set of tuckable soft loops to make it into an IWB holster.

Holster arrived with in the time frame given, roughly 4 weeks, I ordered it right handed, standard can't (10 degree) full body shield. The holster came exactly as ordered. After a day of wearing it and pracrcing drawing from it, I decided I didn't like the full body shield as it covers the safety lever, which felt like it held the pistol tighter than I liked and made the draw a little awkward for me. So I contacted them to have the shield cut down to the short. Keep in mind I ordered it with the tall one, I paid to have it shipped to them, they cut it down and mailed it back to me for free, even though the error was on my part, normally cost 10$,for the short shield cut, now the holster is perfect, conceals my full size USP great. I would highly recommend their products and great customer service based on my expierence
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top