Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2014 12:15:23 AM EDT
Hi all, I saw a belt somewhere that hides the clips on an IWB holster.  I've searched all over and can't seem to find it again.  Any help?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe you were thinking of the Crossbreed V clips? They have velcro that mates to velcro sewn on the back of your belt.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]
No, this was a belt that had an outer and inner belt.  The outer part was leather and you clipped the IWB holster over the inner belt and the outer belt covered the clips so that only the very top of the clip and the very bottom is visible.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, this was a belt that had an outer and inner belt.  The outer part was leather and you clipped the IWB holster over the inner belt and the outer belt covered the clips so that only the very top of the clip and the very bottom is visible.
View Quote

That's a cool idea.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's a cool idea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a cool idea.

I thought so too.  I didn't have much use for it when I saw it but I changed jobs and it would really come in handy in the new job.  I read about it in a gun magazine a couple of months ago and now I can't find it.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:39:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Thank you Sir, I do believe that's it!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#7]
While that's a really good idea, like really good, finishing it off with a Cobra buckle seems rather counter productive.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
While that's a really good idea, like really good, finishing it off with a Cobra buckle seems rather counter productive.
View Quote

I agree, when I think business casual I don't think cobra buckle.  Besides that I like the design though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I agree, when I think business casual I don't think cobra buckle.  Besides that I like the design though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Loopbelt.com and a simple kydex/leather hybrid holster worn together underneath your pants/shorts/etc no differently than a belly band.

I've got about three or so years with this system using the original belt.
Even ran this past year's 5k Turkey Trot with an M&P compact w/ X-Grip and full sized mag.

No flopping around.  No sagging. Belt doesn't loosen up. Ever.
Again. No differently than a belly band.

I can wear normal belts for any situation and still carry a duty caliber double stack w/ reloads.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yup.

Loopbelt.com and a simple kydex/leather hybrid holster worn together underneath your pants/shorts/etc no differently than a belly band.

Even ran this past year's 5k Turkey Trot with an M&P compact w/ X-Grip and full sized mag.

I can wear normal belts for any situation and still carry a duty caliber double stack w/ reloads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

I've been doing this for a few years now too, it really does work well.  I can use it under sweatpants or swim trunks with a lightweight gun, under my regular pants with my normal belt on the outside for maximum concealment for my normal carry pistol, or on the outside, through the belt loops with my normal belt on the top just to hide the clips.  Or on the outside of jeans with no other belt and a lightweight gun.  It really is versatile.

A minor plus is it makes using public restrooms way easier, which is really a big plus for a guy like me who has to crap almost every day between 10am and 11am.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've been doing this for a few years now too, it really does work well.  I can use it under sweatpants or swim trunks with a lightweight gun, under my regular pants with my normal belt on the outside for maximum concealment for my normal carry pistol, or on the outside, through the belt loops with my normal belt on the top just to hide the clips.  Or on the outside of jeans with no other belt and a lightweight gun.  It really is versatile.

A minor plus is it makes using public restrooms way easier, which is really a big plus for a guy like me who has to crap almost every day between 10am and 11am.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Yup !  I love that part as well !

Another benefit is being able to change clothes w/o anyone knowing you have a gun.
I have changed clothes right in front of golf buddies. They never knew.

It also makes it easier to remain armed when you get home and feel the need to change clothes.

I wore out a 5:11 belt while using a CompTac Spartan Slide.
( what can I say.  I bought into the hype after wearing out a couple smartcarry holsters )
{ I'm actually using the Slide's kydex & hardware with a chunk of leather I cut with belt slots }

The whole IWB / "gun belt" set up is a major pain in the ass compared to what I'm doing now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top