Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2014 10:42:07 AM EDT
I have a recurring situation where I'll be seated in very close proximity to people, where IWB carry will probably eventually get spotted.  I'm looking for ideas on a pocket carry for a pair of baggy jeans.  I'm not concerned about having to draw while seated, it's more for to and from the parking lot.  I'm looking mostly at a Kahr CM9 right now, any better suggestions?  

I'd prefer a 9mm with 6+1 minimum, but I'd go with a 380 if it'll save me on printing in pocket.  I plan to use a pocket holster to cover the trigger and try to break up the outline, especially when I'm seated and the pocket stretches tighter.  I'm also going shooting in a couple of weeks with a buddy that is bringing his Bersa Thunder along for me to try out, the range has a CM9 I can try as well.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been very pleased with my CM9.  It works best with baggy cargo shorts but if you are a bigger guy, then jean pockets can work, but it will print more.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Sig p238 fits nicely in a front pocket,
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
LCP in an Andrews Leather pocket holster... I added the kydex flap that rolls up, out of the way, when you grip the pistol.... does not print in the nylon fishing shorts I typically wear

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Try a 2" 357 snub. It works perfect for baggy jeans and who can argue about the stoping power.

Mine

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Hammerless J-frame or one of the small framed 9mm. In Florida this past week and carried a Shield or Sig 938 or S&W 442 depending on pocket size at the time. They all work, it's harder with the Shield. And, you gotta be comfortable with cocked and locked with the 938. I prefer .38 minimum but, a .380 is better than nothing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Ruger LCP in a kydex pocket holster is about the smallest IMO.   A Kahr CM9 shouldn't be a problem but Kahr's typically have some teething problems you'll need to work though.  You can also check out the Sig P290.  They've been marked to the mid $300's many places.   If I didn't already have a Kahr CM 40 I'd get one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Ruger LC9 with the mag disconnect disabled.

7+1

6" x 4.50" x 0.90"

17.1 oz.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I pocket carry my CM9 in an el cheapo Uncle Mike's holster and love it. I would HIGHLY recommend putting a couple hundred rounds through a CM9 before carrying it. I had a few FTE and one failure to go in to battery within the first 50 rounds. It's been 100% since then and I have 500+ rounds through it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#9]
The LC9 looks pretty nice.  It doesn't look like I'll be able to shoot it before buying.  The range I'm going to has an LCP, but that doesn't necessarily tell me if the trigger is the same.  I'll see if they at least sell them there so I can dry fire and feel the weight, but I'm still leaning toward the Kahr.  

Whatever I wind up buying I'll put a couple hundred rounds through it before carrying.  I'd follow the advice of the small J frame, but I'm probably going to want to carry a spare mag too in my other pocket.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Load one of these bad boys with GoldDots and you are GTG. My Taurus goes "bang" every single time and puts 'em where I want 'em.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#11]
642 j frame and a speed strip gives u 11 rds of 38+p
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#12]
http://t.imgbox.com/acdS3yzI.jpg

Beretta Nano. Mine is pocket carried daily.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Kahr PM9
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LCP in an Andrews Leather pocket holster... I added the kydex flap that rolls up, out of the way, when you grip the pistol.... does not print in the nylon fishing shorts I typically wear

<a href="http://s825.photobucket.com/user/LesSnyder/media/DSC00371.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/DSC00371.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice gun.

Awesome knife.   Love the Benchmade 730.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I carry a Kahr PM9 daily.
At work it's in a DeSantis Pistol Pack clipped to my waist (I spend a lot of time sitting). Technically, the Pistol Pack is only for the LCP-sized guns, but the PM9 does fit. The similar but larger E-Z Rider they would have you buy for the PM9 is suspiciously large; the Pistol Pack attracts zero attention. Spare mag in offside pocket.
Outside of work, it's in a Nemesis pocket holster, keys dropped in front of it to further break up the outline.

Either option works quite well.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:...Technically, the Pistol Pack is only for the LCP-sized guns, but the PM9 does fit...
View Quote

Thanks for the heads-up. I have a couple CM9's & may try that one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a Kahr CM9 that I carry in a cheap pocket holster I got from cheaperthandirt.com for like 12 dollars, I carry it in my rear left pocket (even tho im a righty, but my wallet is in the right).  I have a 30 waist and wear 32 pants for IWB, 5'7 170lbs.  It disappears w/ jeans or cargo shorts with a snug fitting T-shirt.  I also carry a SW 642 in a El Paso Saddlery pocket holster in that same location, it fits MOST pants pockets, but I have a couple pairs of shorts that have shallow rear pockets that it will not fit well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Ruger LCP in a Nemesis holster.  Still prints when seated, but people just assume that it is a phone.  IMO, anything larger will not be comfortable to pocket carry.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Diamondback db380 uncle mikes pocket holster.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:59:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Ruger LCP in a cheap Blackhawk pocket holster.  Love this little gun
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:28:41 AM EDT
[#21]
LCP in a Desantis Nemesis. Can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#22]
DoubleTap
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The LC9 looks pretty nice.  It doesn't look like I'll be able to shoot it before buying.  The range I'm going to has an LCP, but that doesn't necessarily tell me if the trigger is the same.  I'll see if they at least sell them there so I can dry fire and feel the weight, but I'm still leaning toward the Kahr.  

View Quote

Whatever I wind up buying I'll put a couple hundred rounds through it before carrying.  I'd follow the advice of the small J frame, but I'm probably going to want to carry a spare mag too in my other pocket.

Keep in mind the LC9 is a 7+1 pistol, so it will be taller than the PM9/CM9, and pocket carry may be a no-go. I daily pocket-carry a PM9 in a Desantis Nemsis with no issues. I carry 2 spare mags in my back pocket in a Recluse mag pouch:

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#24]
442 in a desantis Nemesis

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I`m sold on S&W M642 for back up handgun

I hate shooting sub compact 380 pistols and there performance suck as well.

Now a HK P2000 SK or G26 I could live with.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#26]

I almost  have the same except
M642 and nemesis and  SOCOM Elite side opener.

I swear every GS 8 all had M642.  M442 looks so much better
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have a 638-2 (no lock) that I use with the same holster.  Much better than my ppk, or the LCP I sold.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have a 638-2 (no lock) that I use with the same holster.  Much better than my ppk, or the LCP I sold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh.
I plan on buying an LCP as well at some point for pocket carry.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Huh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh.

The LCP is super small, but the revolver is a better fit in my hands, and is super thin everywhere except the cylinder.  Of course my buddy I sold the LCP to ditched his LCR for it.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Kahr CM9 bud, I carried mine all day today at the mall in my pocket while my wife and daughter shopped for school clothes. Jesus Christ it was a long day!!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:31:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

This goes in my pocket.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:54:53 AM EDT
[#32]
For me a Taurus PT-738 "C" series in a Sticky pocket holster. I have shot hundreds and hundreds of rounds threw mine with "0" problems. Great bang for the buck and light as a feather.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This goes in my pocket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This goes in my pocket.

DITTO!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The LCP is super small, but the revolver is a better fit in my hands, and is super thin everywhere except the cylinder.  Of course my buddy I sold the LCP to ditched his LCR for it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh.

Even though I'm a Die Hard S&W  J K L fan !  I have love for Ruger GP100 SP101 and LCR.

I just wish I could pull off pocket carrying a M640 357magnum. but loaded with 38spl 148 WC or if I ever buy them 110 +P DPX corbon. suppose to kick less than the 700FPS 148WC

I hate recoil with a passion
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#35]
While I pocket carry an LCP (with the hogue handall hybrid grip), if you want 9mm, and don't mind carrying cocked and locked, the Sig 938 with the +1 grip is the smallest I've seen.  Seems smaller than the pm9, but perhaps you'd want to look that up.  I personally think the PF-9 can be a great gun (I torture tested two and couldn't get either to jam)....it's also pocketable.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#36]
When I want a wheelgun my M&P 340 in a DeSantis pocket Holster

When an auto it is a Kahr PM9 in an El Paso Saddlery pocket holster.  

A J Frame or small auto like the PM/CM9 would be a great choice.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have a recurring situation where I'll be seated in very close proximity to people, where IWB carry will probably eventually get spotted.  I'm looking for ideas on a pocket carry for a pair of baggy jeans.  I'm not concerned about having to draw while seated, it's more for to and from the parking lot.  I'm looking mostly at a Kahr CM9 right now, any better suggestions?  

I'd prefer a 9mm with 6+1 minimum, but I'd go with a 380 if it'll save me on printing in pocket.  I plan to use a pocket holster to cover the trigger and try to break up the outline, especially when I'm seated and the pocket stretches tighter.  I'm also going shooting in a couple of weeks with a buddy that is bringing his Bersa Thunder along for me to try out, the range has a CM9 I can try as well.
View Quote

Sig P290RS
About the same size and layout, but I thought the trigger was better.  It doesn't fit very well in my pocket though.  If you want to go smaller, you will have to accept a smaller cartridge, like a .380.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#38]
I bought a diamondback db9. It fits well in my jeans.

It's not a fun range toy. After 100 to 150 rounds I'm done with it for the day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top