Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I always think of this video.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That's the video I always think of too. I saw it 20 years and it's lesson saved me a few times as I was a cop for 9 years. A friend of mine used open hand against a 7" kitchen knife one day to create distance then got of a double tap one round hit the suspect leg other hit the abdomen. 21 foot rule to me it's 30.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The 21 foot rule is generally accepted as a proven concept with LE, military, and correctional circles. I personally don't want to challenge it in a live fire scenario, nor do I want to what if this to death. i will say that the "21 foot" concept would definitely be a weapon in the arsenal of my attorney should it come to that. the point I guess is to remember that you are responsible for your actions, and the ability of you and your attorney to explain these actions can be crucial. As far as carrying a knife, absolutely and always! have you ever tried to cut a seat belt or a piece of string or open a can of copenhagen with a glock?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top