User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 4:50:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have you ever thought of moving to Texas?  We could use more folk like you, even if you might lead a more quite life here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Add one more to my list.

Have you ever thought of moving to Texas?  We could use more folk like you, even if you might lead a more quite life here.

He must pick all the most interesting parts of SC to live in
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In 2004 or so I was framing houses, the guy I was sub contracting too had hired a huge meth'ed out Samoan who was argueing with another contractor and was repeatedly reaching for his hammer  and screaming " I'll fucking kill you!!"  only to realize he didnt have his hammer, just an empty hammer loop. He'd set his hammer down at the beginning of the screaming and death threats and forgot where he put it apparently.

After watching him for a couple minutes I dropped my nailbags and retrieved my Sig 245 from my truck. Shortly after that he decided he was going to try to start punching people and the Sig came out, his attitude changed and he stopped making threats and trying to throw punches and hid his face behind a 12"x12" chunk of beam he found lying on the ground.

He would have fucked me up had he connected with my head when he swung. As it was, the sight of me about to shoot him in the chest calmed him down. Afterwards some of the other people on the jobsite said they were "uncomfortable" that I'd be willing to shoot someome screaming death threats and trying to beat people to death with a hammer.

Only a matter of time before the guy figured out he had a chisel, cats paw, etc. in his nailbags as well as a myriad of other blunt and sharp tools on site etc. Afterwards the primary recipent of his death threats thanked me for intervening before anyone got hurt.

The guy I worked for was concerned I'd get in trouble after the pistol came out, but was grateful no one got hurt in the end. Although at one point in the argument he responded to the tweaker's threats of " I'll kill you!" with "We'll fucking kill YOU!"  after he'd given up trying to reason with the guy.

There's been a couple other times in the last 20 years that I've put a pistol in my hand unknownst to the other person, a car with 3 guys parked next to me at 2am in a totally vacant shopping center parking lot and parked 1 space away from me and all 3 sat and glared at me for 5 minutes before a guy gets out and started rummaging through the trunk while watching me. He pulls out a fucking CD case and got back in the car and then I left. I was waiting for someone else ,back in the days before cell phones , and didnt want to leave unless I had too. I drove to the far end of the parking lot and waited for my friend away from the car full of guys for another couple minutes before my friend showed up.

But the tweaker foaming at the mouth and screaming death threats was the only time I made it obvious I was going to shoot them.
View Quote

http://i57.tinypic.com/104ero1.jpg
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How so? I was going to put my shoes on to go outside and investigate. Didn't make it that far. Let me know if that's what you were refering to. I was just trying to make a little light of the situation. Plus lunarglides really are super comfortable. I'm wearing a pair today!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The commentary about the Nike's throws me off.

How so? I was going to put my shoes on to go outside and investigate. Didn't make it that far. Let me know if that's what you were refering to. I was just trying to make a little light of the situation. Plus lunarglides really are super comfortable. I'm wearing a pair today!

Not knocking you man. Glad you're alive. Just thought it strange that you were talking about how comfortable your tennis shoes are in a story about how you killed someone.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've lived here all my life, 46 years, in the same house, or in the back yard in a doublewide. This neighborhood was at one time, up until 15 years ago, considered the wealthy part of the area. Many of the old families moved or the old folks died off, and some of the homes were bought by less desirable clients. We've started getting better families back out here lately though and things are better. If the penal system actually worked,  half of our problems wouldn't have occurred.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:22:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not knocking you man. Glad you're alive. Just thought it strange that you were talking about how comfortable your tennis shoes are in a story about how you killed someone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The commentary about the Nike's throws me off.

All good, wasn't taking it negatively. Have to take a lot with a grain of salt after something like that happening. The post was written some time after. Wasn't like the next day or anything. So it gave me a little time to just put something in there despite not running through my head at the time.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've lived here all my life, 46 years, in the same house, or in the back yard in a doublewide. This neighborhood was at one time, up until 15 years ago, considered the wealthy part of the area. Many of the old families moved or the old folks died off, and some of the homes were bought by less desirable clients. We've started getting better families back out here lately though and things are better. If the penal system actually worked,  half of our problems wouldn't have occurred.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Orangeburg, North Charleston, Spartanburg, Sumter?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:28:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Never drawn mine, but have a beautiful watercolor painting of it.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Columbia?

All kidding aside, in a recent study of the most dangerous (violent crimes per capita) neighborhoods in the US, Washington Heights in Spartanburg and Millside in Greenville were in the top 10.
All 50 were "economically disenfranchised" neighborhoods.  Meaning minority.  One minority in particular.

I'm in Easley, about 10minutes from the "millside" area, fortunately haven't seen much migration of the ghetto to my side of Hwy 25.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Great Falls. Actually south of the town on 200 like going to Winnsboro, at the very edge of Fairfield County bordering Chester. We slept with doors open with just the screen door with the screen down to let air in at night when I was a kid, born in 67. Even til the late 80s we kept the windows open all night, car doors unlocked with stuff sitting on the seat. All that went to hell in the late 90s.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Came close to clearing leather once in KY when it was only OC.  Couple of kids pointed a pistol at me when I pulled up thru a drive thru window to (they were in front of me, inside a small pickup).  Their pistol was a Smith 3rd gen and when he raised it up, I noticed no magazine in gun (mag disconnect).  He almost eat a fast 230 Fed Hydra Shok from my 1911, called LEOs instead.

Have been involved in few shootouts with lots of bad guys in foreign countries however.

CD
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Great Falls. Actually south of the town on 200 like going to Winnsboro, at the very edge of Fairfield County bordering Chester. We slept with doors open with just the screen door with the screen down to let air in at night when I was a kid, born in 67. Even til the late 80s we kept the windows open all night, car doors unlocked with stuff sitting on the seat. All that went to hell in the late 90s.
View Quote

The two landmarks on Google Maps in Great Falls are a Piggly Wiggly and a Dollar General.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The two landmarks on Google Maps in Great Falls are a Piggly Wiggly and a Dollar General.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Pig closed last month, but we are now proud to anounce an IGA has opened in the old Pig building. I do miss the giant rotating pig on the top of the building.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#13]
As a young Army Lt I had a guard fail to make his hourly radio checks at night , said guard was locked in a secure facility.
SOP was to go to the facility do a perimeter check then enter the facility if need be. I was authorized to carry a loaded 1911A1.
There was a heightened security status due to creditable threats from leftists protesting the School of the Americas at Ft Benning.

When I entered the facility the guard was not to be found, and I begin to search the exterior grounds. At the time I was shooting the 1911 extensively as part of my units pistol team and very comfortable with the weapon.
As I walked along a row of CONEX boxes I saw a movement to my right, as I turned I observed a shadowy figure approaching me with something held over it's head. I drew the weapon and ordered the figure to halt..

PFC dumbfuck had fallen asleep on duty and somewhere found a pipe to carry,when I walked by he woke up and got spooked.and rushed out. Needless to say his eyes got real big looking at the muzzle,I figured the fear of almost getting shot was far more effective of an lesson than a Article 15.

Truth is I don't know who was more scared, him or me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Drew once on a dog.  Hand on it when someone started running at me in a parking lot at 3am.  That's in 15 or so years of carry.  I hope I never do have to draw or use a firearm on another person.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Drew on a neighbor's dog that charged at me.  She turned and ran back to the porch.  I had no idea rottweilers spoke .45 acp.

Pointed a rifle at a cop once, but it was in Iraq so I am not sure if it counts.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  All kidding aside, in a recent study of the most dangerous (violent crimes per capita) neighborhoods in the US, Washington Heights in Spartanburg and Millside in Greenville were in the top 10.
All 50 were "economically disenfranchised" neighborhoods.  Meaning minority.  One minority in particular.
View Quote

Arfcommers?  
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 5:52:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I drew down on a black bear once. Up at camp, in the middle of the forest there is a field. I was walking through it when I heard rustling in one of the apple trees. I walk a little closer and a black bear came out towards me. Pulled the gun and looked down the sights. Yogi must have decided he had somewhere else he had to be, because he took off PDQ. Probably thought I was another bear come to steal "his" apples.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 6:10:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
LEO, so yes.
View Quote

Came here to post this. But to be honest the first time I put my front sight on a thug who was fumbling with his Beretta is an image I can recall to this day.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Link to the thread?

Always good to hear 1st hand AARs so that we can all learn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Most on the forums know my story. Drawn and fired, dealt with the aftermath, still dealing with the mental portion and probably will be the rest of my life. It's nothing like defending yourself when deployed imo.

Link to the thread?

Always good to hear 1st hand AARs so that we can all learn.
Prepare yourself, and read the ENTIRE thread. You won't be disappointed.

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Does it count if I used my ccw on a rattle snake?
View Quote
yup. Not all BG's have two legs.

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Years ago I was working in another jurisdiction than where I am now as a Parole Officer.  I had powers of arrest was issued OC, cuffs and a soft armor but no issue sidearm.  I always carried off duty.  We had supervised and arrested several outlaw bikers and some mafia types.  I had had several threats against me personally.  

I was traveling down a local two lane road by myself one night and a small black sports car of some type with blacked out windows started tailgating me.  I slowed sown to let him pass and he stayed.  He began swerving behind me and tried to get along side.  My truck was more powerful but he stayed on my ass we got up to over 80 mph on two lane blacktop.  I came in to a small town and went towards a split he went to go with me and when he committed I went the other split.

I went to a nearby convenience store and prepared to call 911. As I exited my truck, the car comes whipping in and blocks me in.  I drew my Glock 23 and pointed it at the driver and ordered them out of the car.  The guy got out with his hands raised his girlfriend screaming to get back in the car.  He told me some BS about thinking I was his buddy and he was just fucking with me.  

I told him to get in his car and GTFO.

I went and called LE and made a report.  

Nothing happened.

No blading at 45.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Have had to draw my weapon numerous times, when animals were "coming right for me"... LOL

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6kKhlX8vU[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6kKhlX8vU
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Never drawn mine, but have a beautiful watercolor painting of it.

View Quote

Now that's some good wit!
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I've drawn my CCW a few times, mostly at dogs who tried to attack my daughter.

Only time against bipeds: I was at a gas station late at night, on the way home after picking up my CBR919 from the shop. The bike was strapped into the bed of my Ranger, and I thought nothing of it. Two teens came sauntering up, one with a small knife and the other with a bat. They told me "gimme the keys, or die." Kid with the knife was closest, about five feet away. I ended up goosing him with the fuel nozzle, and drawing my Glock 17. Both took off running at the sight of the Glock.

I've been carrying for five years, and that happened the within the first 7 months of carrying.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
. I ended up goosing him with the fuel nozzle, and drawing my Glock 17. Both took off running at the sight of the Glock.

View Quote

Should have soaked them both then drawn a zippo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
. I ended up goosing him with the fuel nozzle, and drawing my Glock 17. Both took off running at the sight of the Glock.

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Not sure this really counts but I did draw my Glock 22 once thinking I might have to use it when I was searching for a hog I had shot on a property I used to hunt.   I though he might be laid up in the bushes wounded and could bum rush me.   Never found the hog.   Probably missed it to be begin with.   Anyway, one thing I've learned about wild pigs is that, at least with a pistol, if you don't get lucky and cut the central nervous system they keep going like it's nothing to die some time later in a place far away.   The pistol was more for wild two legged creatures should I be unfortunate enough.   We did have occasional poachers and thieves.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#28]
I was once menaced by an empty can of tomato sauce. I was minding my own business, walking around the family farm, when it jumped out at me. I pushed back my cover garment, yelled "halt! Leave now!", to no avail. Perhaps perplexed by my contradictory instructions, perhaps bent on doing me and my loved ones harm, i cleared leather and fired. The first hit sent him scurrying for cover, the second and third damn near blew him clear across the field.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, but you guys already know my story too.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#30]
once , after work one day I stopped at a sandwich shop right around the corner from my house got my corned beef sandwich and pulled out on to the road as I did a car came flying up behind me right on my ass and started honking his horn and im like wtf? I turn on my street and he follows ruh roh I drive right past my house and as I do he flys  past and stops diagonally blocking the whole street . I drew my pistol and at the same time wonder if I should throw it in reverse , then he gets out lol white kid maybe a hundred pounds lol geeky gangster ......I see his hands and watch em . I put the gun under my left arm so he cant see it but I can shoot through the door if needs be ,hes comes up yelling and my window didn't work so I crack the door "this is my hood mfkr , why you cut me off dog  ? ill kill you ,I run this hood , I start laughing a little and he got a little madder lol. now there was a house across the street and down a few right about where we were where a bunch of white  wanabee  gangsters lived with their parents lol . at this time all his friends come out like 6-8 of em and the one kid that I had met asked whats going on ? his buddy starts ranting and hes says "your the guy from over there right with the Harley" ? yep. for some reason he grabbed my door ( not maliciously) and pulled it open I think just to talk and now my gun was in full view, they all put up their hands and were like "whoooooo!!!" hey you don't need no gun man! me-" I don't know if that's been determined yet"! lol. what followed after was profuse apologies ,cuffs to his friend's head and an epic rant on my part to the kid on how this was my hood since before and after you'll be around and how his actions could have turned out and how short his life will be if he keeps up shit like this . they ask what I was gonna do ? " im gonna go home and eat my sandwich and it better still be warm"
never another problem , they even started waving lol
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

LEO, so yes.
View Quote
Both On and Off Duty.

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Twice since 1994. Once In January  caught a van stuck in my drive way. My house was over 1000 ft from pavement and was under construction. I had tools and everything I own in that house. The vehicle got stuck there in the snow sometime between 8pm and 5am. Florida plates in Maine! Kinda suspect! I approached the vehicle drawn. Luckily they got stuck before getting the 500 more feet to my house in about 16 inches of fresh snow. So I drew on nobody. They were long gone. Another time driving home on the interstate from work again at about 3 am. Another vehicle was riding my ass. I mean like inches from my bumper. Not another car on the road. I slowed they passed and cut in right off my front bumper. I maintained my speed and slowly passed them as they slowed down. This went on three or for times then the really erratic driving started. Break jobs, swerving like they were going to side swipe me. I slowed to 40 MPH in a 65. They would not leave me alone. The next time they pulled up beside me I pointed a Springfield 1911 45 at the passenger window. They then locked up there breaks and all I saw after was there head lights dissapear my rear view.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes.  Actually stopped a car jacking in progress at a local gas station.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes.  Actually stopped a car jacking in progress at a local gas station.
View Quote

Well done.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#35]
As a police officer, about 2 to 3 times a week.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:  As a police officer, about 2 to 3 times a week.
View Quote

Good lord!  Where do you work?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Some of y'all go looking for trouble.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Once.  Neighbor's dog got loose and ran growling at me and my dog while we were on a walk.  Neighbor must have seen it get loose and came outside and called it back before it got too close to me.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top