Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2014 3:39:50 AM EDT
Mind you im 23 so the group i hang with are the same age. So ill pop off some behavior they say is paranoid.

i dont really like going downtown friday nights because there is literally state troopers on every block pulling people over for every single little thing. I have had an officer pull me over and lie saying i did things i never did, even call additional units(2-3 cars) plus k9's every though i was completely compliant. I tell them cops have the ability to create problems where none exist, i have personally seen cops escalate a situation for no real reason. Im in the process of becoming a cop and i still want to avoid them, but i get along with them just fine. they say me saying that cops have the ability to create problems is paranoid.

they say me carrying a gun is paranoid, even though one of them has had a gun pulled on them, TWICE. They say if someone is carrying a gun that means that person wants something to happen. I tried explaining to them that by keeping a spare in your trunk doesn't mean you WANT to get a flat.

I had a guy walk up to me a good 2 feet in front of me asking for a cig. I took a step back looked at his hands and gave him one. I explained why i did that due to people trying to distract you so they can rob you. they say me consciously doing that makes me paranoid, even though they do it naturally when someone invades their space.

they say me believing they government is listening to all our calls is also paranoid, even though the government admits they do.

does anyone else get this, How do you deal with it?
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:46:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't share your paranoia about LEO's but other than that I am on the same page. Other kids our age live in a fantasy world. Most of them are oblivious to the dangers out there. I know where you are coming from.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:50:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't share your paranoia about LEO's but other than that I am on the same page. Other kids our age live in a fantasy world. Most of them are oblivious to the dangers out there. I know where you are coming from.
View Quote

Have you ever experienced what is feels like to have a leo lie and say you did something you didnt? Just curious of your leo contact. I grew up in a pretty bad neighborhood, so i have seen some crazy civil right violations.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:54:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I know bad cops are out there, but I have LEO family and have had generally positive contact with LEO's in general, even when I am in the wrong. Could be an Idaho thing I suppose! Most people here are generally friendly, cops included. I live in Boise, 600,000 metro population so it's not because I live in a "small" town.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:59:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I bet a few negative contacts with police could make you see them in a bad light though. It's just not a problem around here.

I am the only one of my friends who has guns and keeps a loaded gun around my house. My friends are always googly eyed when they see them, it's funny watching them pull out their Call of Duty lingo to try and talk to me about my "scope" (reflex sight). They probably think I'm paranoid but I think they're mamas boys. It evens out.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 4:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Mind you im 23 so the group i hang with are the same age. So ill pop off some behavior they say is paranoid.

i dont really like going downtown friday nights because there is literally state troopers on every block pulling people over for every single little thing. I have had an officer pull me over and lie saying i did things i never did, even call additional units(2-3 cars) plus k9's every though i was completely compliant. I tell them cops have the ability to create problems where none exist, i have personally seen cops escalate a situation for no real reason. Im in the process of becoming a cop and i still want to avoid them, but i get along with them just fine. they say me saying that cops have the ability to create problems is paranoid.

they say me carrying a gun is paranoid, even though one of them has had a gun pulled on them, TWICE. They say if someone is carrying a gun that means that person wants something to happen. I tried explaining to them that by keeping a spare in your trunk doesn't mean you WANT to get a flat.

I had a guy walk up to me a good 2 feet in front of me asking for a cig. I took a step back looked at his hands and gave him one. I explained why i did that due to people trying to distract you so they can rob you. they say me consciously doing that makes me paranoid, even though they do it naturally when someone invades their space.

they say me believing they government is listening to all our calls is also paranoid, even though the government admits they do.

View Quote
I feel the way that you do.  Caution=/= Paranoia.   I have had 'a' (as in only one) cop lie on me.  Used his own dash cam to prove (PROVE with out a shadow of a doubt) my innocence.

Get out of Kali. Stop associating with future victims.   You will feel better.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 4:13:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bet a few negative contacts with police could make you see them in a bad light though. It's just not a problem around here.

I am the only one of my friends who has guns and keeps a loaded gun around my house. My friends are always googly eyed when they see them, it's funny watching them pull out their Call of Duty lingo to try and talk to me about my "scope" (reflex sight). They probably think I'm paranoid but I think they're mamas boys. It evens out.
View Quote

thats the thing, i dont see cops as bad. Every cop i have ever ran into was good to me except 1. I see the very unique power they have, and they can truly put your though a loop if they're determined. I recognize that fact, and rather not be subjected to one mans opinion if i can help it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 4:21:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

thats the thing, i dont see cops as bad. Every cop i have ever ran into was good to me except 1. I see the very unique power they have, and they can truly put your though a loop if they're determined. I recognize that fact, and rather not be subjected to one mans opinion if i can help it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understandable for sure. They do have the power to screw you if they feel so inclined.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:25:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

man your friends would think I'm nuts
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The fact that you are willing to let some one you don't know walk up to you and get within two feet proves that a) you are not paranoid and b)need to work on your SA
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 7:47:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I am in the same boat. I am 25 and have been around firearms all my life, avid hunter, recreational shooter. I got my ccw when I turned 21 and always have a handgun in reach. Daily I carry a knife, small flashlight, 1911, and usually a spare mag, my wife thinks I go over board at that. I add a little fire power when I go on trips, ar pistol in the truck. She says I am scared of something. But she has a ccw and carries when I am not around. There are places I do not go such as clubs and bars because I do not want to and couldn't carry if I did. I watch people and am very aware of my surroundings. Call me paranoid. Call me scared. But I am alive and plan to stay that way. What am I afraid of? Not a darn thing when I am armed and in a safe zone.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 9:40:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Give up dude, they are obviously still your friends (ignorant ones) so who cares? Try and teach people, but in reference to Col. Grossman, sheep will be sheep
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in the same age group as you and I remember feeling the same way.

You'll start to notice; the people that often "find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time" (whether its with LEO or bad guys) are the ones who don't pick up on the subtle warning signs.

Take for example, the other day I was at an Orioles game when I happen to notice a guy a few rows in front of us (sitting by himself the entire game so far) puts down his backpack and leaves his seat.  After about 5 minutes I mentioned it to my buddies who immediately shrugged it off.  Granted it is a long shot, but I am conditioned to see how a guy leaving a backpack when he's there alone is a bad sign.  (Boston Marathon)

It's kind of sad that we train ourselves to pick up on things like that but it's the world we live in and it will greatly reduce the chances that you are ever in a life/death situation.  The only thing that can protect you more than carrying a gun is knowing when to make a decision that can avoid needing one.

My GF thinks I'm crazy sometimes but 90% of the things I see, she is completely oblivious to.  Just be aware of your surroundings and don't get into any situation that you can't get out of quickly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in the same age group and can relate with most of you guys. I notice certain potential hazards and my girlfriend usually rolls her eyes. Though I've got a few friends that are firearm enthusiasts that carry daily so I'm not alone.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#14]
do your friends have smoke detectors in their houses'

clown
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Your a little paranoid - and that's a good thing.

Me, I've got sixteen cameras around my house, fully fenced yard, dog, suppressed SBR and a plate carrier by the bed.  I don't care what others think.

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Give up dude, they are obviously still your friends (ignorant ones) so who cares? Try and teach people, but in reference to Col. Grossman, sheep will be sheep
View Quote

I am not quite as vocal with it as you are.  I am more grey man and very situationally aware/  Have been since I was about your age.

My wifes friends and family and my coworker/buddy and his wife say the same thing about us.

Its funny how they constantly have shitty things happen to them though...

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm fairly young by some peoples standards. I've been shooting for quite a while recreationally, albeit I did not come from a household of guns. My parents had a couple of handguns and my father would take me down to the county Sheriffs office to shoot and learn how to use it. Mainly so I wouldn't do something stupid with it.

When I got older, married and had children, I kept a handgun in a safe in our closet out of view. Figured nothing would happen around here because generally speaking, stay away from the ONE trouble spot in our fairly large city and buy-and-large you're safe. However, shortly before the Sandy Hook issue a young man walked into one of our local malls in a "safe" side of town and opened fire.

At that point my wife and I both decided that perhaps it was time to quit living in fairy tale land and start actively protecting ourselves. At first she thought I was crazy carrying everywhere I went. After a few more stories and some pedophiles running around our area (which is a nice side of town mind you) she has let up on that idea and is comforted by the fact I am carrying when out with her and the kids. We both work from home and generally go everywhere together (and somehow we make this marriage work, don't ask me, it's a lot of exposure lol, but I digress).

My friends for the most part are not firearms enthusiasts (some are more so than even I, but most aren't). Some know I carry and some don't. The one's that know, but aren't "gun people" basically exercise don't ask, don't tell. Others who know, but aren't gun people may ask me if I am carrying when I am at their house, not because they want me to leave it in the car, but are curious. To them it's a game to see where they can find it on my body (yes, our clothes stay ON). I've taken a lot of the non gun friends of mine to the range and let them shoot, and after that most of them had a healthy respect for firearms and some even bought one of their own to go to the range!

So, while you're always going to have friends or family that consider you paranoid, crazy, senseless or just plain dangerous, they will mostly keep that thought to themselves and if they trust and value your friendship they'll accept that you carry and leave you alone about it. I find that when folks start interrogating, or asking questions or questioning your reasoning, it's because they have the same fear you do, or buy into the media hype about guns being heartless killing machines, but a little calm explanation and a smile puts most of them at ease.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm in about the same spot as you. My friends first though I was paranoid, but now a few of them have their CWP. They still don't carry, but they have become used to me doing it. If we find ourselves in a sketchy situation I've had one friend ask me if I'm carrying. Yeah, and maybe you should be too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

OP: Profile says you live in California. California doesn't have "State Troopers".
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

OP: Profile says you live in California. California doesn't have "State Troopers".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes we do, they are called California Highway patrol. Either way, people know what state troopers are, but maybe not chp. They are literally the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The fact that you are willing to let some one you don't know walk up to you and get within two feet proves that a) you are not paranoid and b)need to work on your SA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was intoxicated, and he came from behind me. But I agree, always room to get better.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Some people love to be victims some cops are dicks its the reality
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't have any friends... can't trust people.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm less vocal about it but most of my friends at least think the way I do. Some actively carry, some don't
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#25]

It's not paranoid, it's being mindful of your surroundings.

OPSEC.  Be subtle.  Do things with confidence and in a natural way. Back to wall, eyes scanning, looking for the odd thing out. Not yakking about it. Silently herding your crew to a safe/safer position so they don't realize it.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2014 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#26]
My friends may know I own firearms, most do not know what, unless they share the interest they have not seen them, even those that do don't know if/when I carry.
I do not explain my actions (why I do or do not interact with strangers, or how/why I approach people/places) to people, people and my friends think many things of me, no one accuses me of being paranoid, if they did it probably wouldn't bother me, if it did, I'd find new friends.
I've travelled the country and claimed three cities as home since I became old enough to really be a target for LE, I don't care to be hassled by them, it never stopped me from where I knew they would be doing bar checks and fishing for DUIs in mass though, don't break the law, know your rights, keep contact minimal, they may send some BS your way who cares, no sense letting them control your life, that is paranoia.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My friends may know I own firearms, most do not know what, unless they share the interest they have not seen them, even those that do don't know if/when I carry.
I do not explain my actions (why I do or do not interact with strangers, or how/why I approach people/places) to people, people and my friends think many things of me, no one accuses me of being paranoid, if they did it probably wouldn't bother me, if it did, I'd find new friends.
I've travelled the country and claimed three cities as home since I became old enough to really be a target for LE, I don't care to be hassled by them, it never stopped me from where I knew they would be doing bar checks and fishing for DUIs in mass though, don't break the law, know your rights, keep contact minimal, they may send some BS your way who cares, no sense letting them control your life, that is paranoia.
View Quote

^ yeap
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#28]
It's not paranoia, it's preparedness. Often times it can be extremely tough to tell the difference. Situational awareness is even more fleeting these days than common sense. I am also 23 and have had my CCW here in CA for just over a year now. I have friends who still don't understand why I carry. I took it personally at first, and would go out of my way to explain why I feel it's necessary, beyond just exercising my right. But after a while I realized that some people out there will just never quite understand. There are thousands of coined phrases we could list to explain the reasons for being prepared and aware of your surroundings, but it truly all comes down to a lifestyle choice. Some people are just content and willing to depend on and let others control their lives. Most of those people have the wool pulled so far over their eyes by the media and the sense of entitlement that continues to plague this country, that they will never understand our point of view. So I say let it roll off your back and keep doing what you believe is necessary to protect yourself and those close to you. As for LEO, I have seen enough of both sides to know that you can only treat every encounter as an isolated incident. The majority of my experiences have been positive, but I am still a firm believe in the best defense is a good offense. Know the laws inside and out, know your rights, and don't rely on LEO's to always give you the same answer. Carrying in one of the most antigun states has taught me to always stay on top of every new law or regulation that could potentially work both against me and in my favor. Fortunately, every LEO I have talked to in CA has been a very big CCW supporter.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Those saying you are paranoid, aren't your friends.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Your friends are naive dipshits that think the whole world is flowers and unicorn farts.  Grow the fuck up and get some real friends.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 2:21:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Op....you need to apply to be a fireman.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I know people like this and it isn't just a certain age group, it's a mind set. I will say though that the younger crowd will think nothing will happen to them and that they're invincible more so than those that are older and know stuff. I'm in my mid 30s and know people who think carrying is paranoia, but some have come around after I show them incident after incident of various people defending themselves with a firearm. Some will just never come around until something happens to them personally, so they just walk around with blinders on like everything is happy dappy.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 4:38:28 AM EDT
[#33]
I guess I have some similarities to your situation, so I'll share.

Born in raise in one of the anti-gun capitals of the world, San Francisco, I grew up around anti-gun folk. My parents still dislike guns, as do most of the people I grew up around. Being the intelligent kid that I was, I supported individual firearms ownership; if just for the protections afforded by the 2nd amendment. I thought that it was because of the second amendment that we needed to allow people to have firearms, and that if we repealed the second amendment I would have no problem banning firearms. Fast forward to modern day; I realize that firearms ownership is just an extension of self-ownership (you own your life -> you can protect your life -> you can have the means to protect your life) and I have moved to a more gun friendly state. That said, the people around me are not very gun friendly. A year ago when one of my roommates showed the rest of us his shotgun, a bunch of people flipped out and asked him to get rid of it/not have it in the house. Hell, just a few weeks ago I was watching True Detective (great show BTW) and one of my roommates (also originally from SF) wondered why the police chief was carrying a gun while fishing... (Spoiler, Chief was promptly held at gunpoint moments after...)

As such, nobody that "knows me," knows that I own firearms and carry daily. I have been carrying for about half a year now, and have pretty much decided to keep it on the DL because once the cat gets out of the bag, I'll be SOL. Where I live, people knowing that I carry might impact my job opportunities.  I don't really trust people to keep their mouths shut about it. Sure, call me paranoid, but you know what, I like my life and enjoy being prepared.

On the cop front; I just don't interact with cops. I don't support the concept of a monopoly police force, and my desire to not interact with the police is part of why I take steps to protect my life, liberty and property. It is easier for me than most as I don't drive so any interaction with police that I get in to ends with me walking away without talking to them (this has happened 2 times) or getting arrested without talking to them (yet to happen, knock on wood). Lastly, I would ask that you massively reconsider your plan to go into law enforcement. Ask yourself why you want to do it. Is it because you want to drive fast without getting in trouble? Arrest drug dealers? Own cool guns that lowly peasants don't have access to in CA? Perhaps it is because you want to help people? If you answered yes to any of those first three questions, don't become a cop. You should not be trusted with that kind of power. If you answered no to the first 3 but yes to the last question. Don't become a cop. Anything that cops do to "help people" can be done by your average citizen, cops just get to have a gun and a badge to feel special while they do it..
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 5:10:24 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm 23 as well. My friends used to say the same in regards to the government BS. I've been saying it for years.. Since then, 3 have apologized for being such asses to me and now think like me and have been getting their SHTF gear together as well. I am from Maine and most every HS, college and mid 20s aged people I have been around are happy as a clam as long as they have their bottle, jersey shore, and NFL Sunday. It's disgusting
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I guess I have some similarities to your situation, so I'll share.

Born in raise in one of the anti-gun capitals of the world, San Francisco, I grew up around anti-gun folk. My parents still dislike guns, as do most of the people I grew up around. Being the intelligent kid that I was, I supported individual firearms ownership; if just for the protections afforded by the 2nd amendment. I thought that it was because of the second amendment that we needed to allow people to have firearms, and that if we repealed the second amendment I would have no problem banning firearms. Fast forward to modern day; I realize that firearms ownership is just an extension of self-ownership (you own your life -> you can protect your life -> you can have the means to protect your life) and I have moved to a more gun friendly state. That said, the people around me are not very gun friendly. A year ago when one of my roommates showed the rest of us his shotgun, a bunch of people flipped out and asked him to get rid of it/not have it in the house. Hell, just a few weeks ago I was watching True Detective (great show BTW) and one of my roommates (also originally from SF) wondered why the police chief was carrying a gun while fishing... (Spoiler, Chief was promptly held at gunpoint moments after...)

As such, nobody that "knows me," knows that I own firearms and carry daily. I have been carrying for about half a year now, and have pretty much decided to keep it on the DL because once the cat gets out of the bag, I'll be SOL. Where I live, people knowing that I carry might impact my job opportunities.  I don't really trust people to keep their mouths shut about it. Sure, call me paranoid, but you know what, I like my life and enjoy being prepared.

On the cop front; I just don't interact with cops. I don't support the concept of a monopoly police force, and my desire to not interact with the police is part of why I take steps to protect my life, liberty and property. It is easier for me than most as I don't drive so any interaction with police that I get in to ends with me walking away without talking to them (this has happened 2 times) or getting arrested without talking to them (yet to happen, knock on wood). Lastly, I would ask that you massively reconsider your plan to go into law enforcement. Ask yourself why you want to do it. Is it because you want to drive fast without getting in trouble? Arrest drug dealers? Own cool guns that lowly peasants don't have access to in CA? Perhaps it is because you want to help people? If you answered yes to any of those first three questions, don't become a cop. You should not be trusted with that kind of power. If you answered no to the first 3 but yes to the last question. Don't become a cop. Anything that cops do to "help people" can be done by your average citizen, cops just get to have a gun and a badge to feel special while they do it..
View Quote

Son you need help, starting with a new peer group.

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, you're not paranoid. Your friends are oblivious. That comes with the age they are. At that age they are all invincible and nothing on earth would possibly kill or hurt them. They will probably wake up some day (the ones that do live) and ask you for advice.

I'd be lying if I said that that kind of behavior from your hoplophobe friends didn't come from school. "Back in the day" we all brought our guns to school. There were even gun clubs at my schools. Shooting sports etc. Guess what? No mass school shootings. Now, bite a toaster pastry in the shape of a gun and you're expelled. They (the anti gun crowd) are just trying to reach kids at a younger age and indoctrinate them to think that all guns are bad. Sadly many of them take this with them for the rest of their short, pointless lives.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 1:45:57 AM EDT
[#37]
By their definition every Boy Scout who ever existed is paranoid.  Being prepared is not the same as being paranoid.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Get better friends?

Im 24, been carrying since I was 21.

None of my friends care that I carry, honestly they forget I have one on me because I conceal it so well. While most of my friends have the same political mind set, some do not. I just don't talk about guns, never touch my gun while carrying, and make sure its concealed and the topic never gets brought up.

Don't talk about carrying a gun, problem solved.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:51:18 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm 37 and I've been carrying since I was 21.  Started off with a alloy frame Para Ord P13 (13+1 rds of .45) IWB.  Now I'm rolling with a MP9 FS w/ TLR3 carried AIWB and 3x20 rd spares, 642 as a BUG, small BOK, knife, etc.  Am I paranoid...maybe...but who fucking cares what others think.

To be honest it's your ass, don't let others sway you.  If you want to carry a gun, carry the fucking thing, and carry it proudly.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#40]
“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”

-Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm 37 and I've been carrying since I was 21.  Started off with a alloy frame Para Ord P13 (13+1 rds of .45) IWB.  Now I'm rolling with a MP9 FS w/ TLR3 carried AIWB and 3x20 rd spares, 642 as a BUG, small BOK, knife, etc.  Am I paranoid...maybe...but who fucking cares what others think.

To be honest it's your ass, don't let others sway you.  If you want to carry a gun, carry the fucking thing, and carry it proudly.
View Quote

This right here.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Im in the process of becoming a cop
View Quote

fail. you can't change the way it works and you'll become "one of them".
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Arfcom made me who I am today

Always knew I carry concealed but since becoming a member here I not only carry concealed, but also a reload, leatherman and flashlight.

I also now avoid bars, public drinking, basically anything or anywhere that doesn't allow cc. I thoroughly enjoy life still and refuse to be a victim.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes im with you!

Half of my friends are like me, cautious of LEO,  Aware of their surroundings, cautious of random people approaching them, etc etc.  They also tend to carry and believe the govt. has the govt's best interest at heart.  My other friends are like sheep IMO.  They walk around with their face in the phone, and head in the clouds.  ask my why you need a gun when you could call the police or have a "peace full" resolution like talking your way out of being robbed/raped/assaulted/ etc etc.

I believe most police officers are good and are trying to help, but im also aware that there are those who either are having a bad day, don't like you for whatever reason, or are just plain bad seeds, that  can make your life quite difficult if they want.  Its your word vs theirs and theirs alone can land u in jail.  I have friends and family who have all been bullied by police officers.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#45]
I've been carrying since I was 16 and now 49 and been around the world several times.  There are good people and some very bad people in the world.  You are the only one that has the ultimate responsibility to protect yourself and your family.  Jeff Cooper used to prefer to it as going around in Condition Yellow ie "being aware of your surroundings" or SA for Situational Awarness now days.  Parnoaid people think that there are bad people out there.  I'm experienced and know that there are bad people out there.

CD
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Some people love to be victims some cops are dicks its the reality
View Quote

+1

Ive ran into a few Dicks.   I wish LE would weed them out.  

You know the looser in high school who becomes a  cop just to get respect.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Downtown At night is the place to be if you want caught up in drama and real danger.

Young people + drinking + downtown hangouts + drug activity+ predatory thugs + cops phishing/bullying the young and naive = no place to be

I'm getting old and no fun but those are the realities.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:03:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I don't have any friends... can't trust people.
View Quote

No shit.

Get on our level OP.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Get a haircut OP and hide the tats and take the bolts out of your face and the Law will not give you so much trouble.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#50]
You are not paranoid. Society pushes hard to suppress and deny bad things can happen. Young people have not had enough experience to understand this yet. Bad things do happen. I teach my kids situational awareness. A woman was kidnapped in the shopping center where we eat pizza. I hate yo use her misery but it is a good reminder that while we are relatively safe, we are not immune.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top