Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2014 5:33:22 PM EDT
So I can't carry at work, so I'm not great about keeping my G19 on my person in the mornings or on the way home from work - it's too much of a pain in my ass to to get my MTAC on in a vehicle without dropping my pants.  I would also like to have something less cumbersome than the MTAC if I want to throw it on to take dogs for a walk or make a quick run out.

I was thinking about getting something like the Vanguard II with strut so I could just jam it in my pants, either that or the Incog.  I think the best would be something like the raven or DSG alpha, but with the ability to just snap it over my belt (no belt loops that require me undoing my belt).  Does any one have advice or perspective?  This would be for a G19, and I'm 5'8, 38 pants with some nice love handles .  Typically wear untucked button downs.

Edit: Also considering Comptac Paddle...
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both, and the INCOG is a lot easier to put on/take off compared to the MTAC.  You might also look at the Comp Tac Infidel.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Comp Tac Infidel or paddle.

Easy on, easy off.  And they're compact enough to tuck into a bag or something very easily.
IMO both of those options are preferable to the vanguard because they cover and secure the majority of the gun
which is a plus for something you'll be taking off and presumably stuffing into a pack, glovebox, under the seat or some other less than clutter free location.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry my Glock 23 almost every where. Galco summer special or in my soft briefcase. I have recently started carrying a Glock 42 in my vest pocket in a uncle mikes pocket holster  and it disappears. The Khar P9 Galco summer special for the G42 also works.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:16:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry exclusively in a Raven IWB and a VG2... VG2 is my grab and go setup for quick trips anywhere, it's super fast and stupid comfortable.

I have a RTF2 G19 though so I have to wear an undershirt regardless of which holster I run.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carry exclusively in a Raven IWB and a VG2... VG2 is my grab and go setup for quick trips anywhere, it's super fast and stupid comfortable.

I have a RTF2 G19 though so I have to wear an undershirt regardless of which holster I run.
View Quote

I came very close to buying the vanguard 2 last night. I just put my 19 in my pants where I would typically carry to see what it would feel like and I was kinda supposed how bad the barrel was digging into me. Gonna keep waiting for some more feedback
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:42:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm using a Milt Sparks #88 Mirage. Check it out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:11:49 AM EDT
[#7]
If you like the Incog, check out the NorCalKydex Clearlake holster, very similar with lead time of less than a week.

http://www.norcalkydex.com/Clearlake-Concealer-IWB-CC01.htm
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:13:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I came very close to buying the vanguard 2 last night. I just put my 19 in my pants where I would typically carry to see what it would feel like and I was kinda supposed how bad the barrel was digging into me. Gonna keep waiting for some more feedback
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just putting it in your pants is far different than using a holster.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Love my Off the Grid Concepts IWB.

Click Here

It's all you ask.  And you can get a light compatible version which is what I have.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Garrett Ind Silent Thunder for exactly what you describe... and Silent Thunder Fusion for longer wear....
Top shelf company and products.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I keep my S&W 64-8 in my pickup at all times. I'm in the same boat, can't carry at work so at least I have a handgun ready to deploy on the way to and from work.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#12]
For 'quick & dirty' iwb look at Remora. Works  pretty well and cheap too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For 'quick & dirty' iwb look at Remora. Works  pretty well and cheap too.
View Quote

Came here to say this.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you like the Incog, check out the NorCalKydex Clearlake holster, very similar with lead time of less than a week.

http://www.norcalkydex.com/Clearlake-Concealer-IWB-CC01.htm
View Quote

Thanks, I just ordered one of these for my new shield.  Didn't feel like dropping $90 on another Mtac, and was wanting something a little simpler.  looks like this should do the trick.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:16:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Galco Stow-n-Go

Perfect for a grab and go holster. Has a great clip and I don't even need a belt when wearing shorts.
I'm a skinny 6'2 160lbs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 5:19:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I carry a Springfield XDS 9mm in a Desantis Gunhide IWB. Super comfortable just a clip that goes over the top of your pants. Easy draw, does not print. Love it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#17]
My G19 goes from pants to console when I arrive at work. Console to pants when I leave.

It's easy to do with a PJ iwb kydex. Very good holster and worth the wait.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I wanted to update this thread with what I decided - I bought a Raven Vanguard II.  I am extraordinarly pleased with my choice.  I have no issues taking this off in the morning or putting it on when I first get in the car in the afternoon, and I've been carrying much more consistently.  The comfort of the holster is awesome, it's much more comfortable for me compared to the MTAC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top