Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2014 3:22:54 PM EDT
I've used Wilderness Instructor belts for CCW, daily for over ten years. I bought my first, a 3 stitch, 11 years ago and a second 3 stitch about 8 years ago.

I recently bought a 5 stitch, obviously expecting it to be stiffer than the 3 stitch models. Much to my surprise, the newer model 5 stitch belt is noticeably less rigid than my old 3 stitch belts that have each seen several thousand days of use.

Anyone else have older and newer models to compare? Maybe my 5 stitch is a fluke?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
is it the model that has the plastic between the two layers?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
is it the model that has the plastic between the two layers?
View Quote

No, none of mine have the stiffener.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:41:49 AM EDT
[#3]
that's what you need then.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
that's what you need then.
View Quote

No, I find them to be too stiff for EDC.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I've noticed that the webbing on my new belt is thinner than my old worn one.  Both are 5 stitch, but the new one is not any less stiff with my holster.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I've noticed the black one is less stiff than the tan or green ones
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Bought a tan one nine years ago.  It has held up very well.  Replaced it with a black one four months ago.  The webbing does appear thinner on the black, but not any less rigid.  Both are five stitch, without the plastic insert.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Moved away from Wilderness since I was wearing out the velcro yearly.  Ares Cobra is a far superior belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top