Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2014 1:22:35 PM EDT
My wife just got her permit to carry and I'm trying to help her find a way to carry it. She is using a Glock 42 in her purse in a pocket holster at the moment, but it is a very slow way to draw a gun.

I gave her a belt holster to use as well, but the struggle seems to be her clothing. IWB is a no go with the skinny jeans she won't give up.

So what do you carry and how do you do it?

Thanks!

And I know the rules....

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Lovely wife you have, I'm not a woman but I do have a sister she carries a glock 26 is a gun purse or owb small of back if she has a jacket. She can't carry strong side due to a medical implant.

You may get better results from women in the women shooters forum.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife carries a SA XDS 45 in a Pistol Wear PT-2 while running and a belly band in regular clothes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a 9mm Shield appendix (I'm right handed) in a single clip kydex holster from the Well Armed Woman. Even though the holster is advertized on the site as not needing a belt, it comes off my jeans' waistband when I draw, without a belt. So I got a good belt from the makers of the Flashbang holster (Looper Law Enforcement). It's reinforced with kydex between both layers of leather.

It conceals very, very well. Jeans with a bit of stretch help. Kathy Jackson, of the Cornered Cat website, also prefers appendix carry for her Glock 26.

Holster

Black patent leather dress belt

There's also a brown dress belt on the WAW website.

More Flashbang belts here

Appendix is very comfy for me. I have a bit of a belly, but it seems my pistol just blends in with my lumps and bumps. The perfect position for the holster also means I can put the end of the clip in the little coin pocket on my jeans, which hides it even better. I live in jeans and little cardigans with a t-shirt or tank underneath.

Hope this helps. You can PM me with any questions. I won't share pics as I don't put them out there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Very helpful. Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:18:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top