Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2014 3:02:41 PM EDT
Warmer weather is coming and we in the Northwest tend to shed our outter layers when the thermometer rises above 60 degrees in full celebration of the partially sunny skies. That being said I've been carrying OWB in my RCS phantom and love it, though I feel it may print a little too much for the anti-gunners of my locale. This is purely a personal issue I am sure being that most are more concerned with their latest iPhone than with a bulge under my shirt.

That being said, I've had a N82 tactical for a while, though rarely have worn it given I haven't been carrying consistently like I am starting to now and I just don't 100% like it. I feel it pulls my pants down too much and moves a bit on me. I am sporting either a Beltman 1.5" belt or a Wilderness CSM 1.5" belt. With either belt sag is an issue unless I tighten it down past comfort. I am carrying a G26 which is a light gun! I just have no ass. Even at 3:30 there is sag and that has the holster pressing on the hip bone. The further back on the clock I go, the more sagging.

So I was thinking perhaps a double clip hybrid style holster may distribute the weight better across the belt and help aid in keeping my pants above my knees.

I was looking at the Aegis Armory shield.

Anyways, thoughts on this hypothesis or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
White Hat
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:58:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Warmer weather is coming and we in the Northwest tend to shed our outter layers when the thermometer rises above 60 degrees in full celebration of the partially sunny skies. That being said I've been carrying OWB in my RCS phantom and love it, though I feel it may print a little too much for the anti-gunners of my locale. This is purely a personal issue I am sure being that most are more concerned with their latest iPhone than with a bulge under my shirt.

That being said, I've had a N82 tactical for a while, though rarely have worn it given I haven't been carrying consistently like I am starting to now and I just don't 100% like it. I feel it pulls my pants down too much and moves a bit on me. I am sporting either a Beltman 1.5" belt or a Wilderness CSM 1.5" belt. With either belt sag is an issue unless I tighten it down past comfort. I am carrying a G26 which is a light gun! I just have no ass. Even at 3:30 there is sag and that has the holster pressing on the hip bone. The further back on the clock I go, the more sagging.

So I was thinking perhaps a double clip hybrid style holster may distribute the weight better across the belt and help aid in keeping my pants above my knees.

Anyways, thoughts on this hypothesis or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!
View Quote

Without exception, I have found that the double clip hybrid style does a better job at both not sagging and comfort level.  The double clips do distribute the weight of the gun over a much larger area, generally have a suede finish on the backside (friction created helps keep it from sliding up/down), and the back is flat, which helps with comfort.  Single clips focus all the weight of the gun in about 1" worth of space on the belt, are generally smooth grain leather, and are often shape formed around the gun, which means you have a rounded off bump pushing into your side. If you think about it, each negative factor is compounded by another with the single clip, and contribute to instability/discomfort.  You've got decent belts already, which is usually the opposite situation, people buy a decent holster but a crappy belt.  I use both the Galco King Tuk and the Crosssbreed for different pistols; I slightly favor the King Tuk but both are excellent.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I learned about belts early on haha. I'm trying to shy away from the inevitable box of holsters. None of the gunshops in my area carry anything other than some cheap uncle mikes crap for holsters, so it's hard to try anything on. Holsters hold value like cars it seems, so if you make a mistake and go to sell it I've found I can't hold my breath on what return I'll get. So this site and a few others have been a great wealth of information to help make educated decisions.

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Without exception, I have found that the double clip hybrid style does a better job at both not sagging and comfort level.  The double clips do distribute the weight of the gun over a much larger area, generally have a suede finish on the backside (friction created helps keep it from sliding up/down), and the back is flat, which helps with comfort.  Single clips focus all the weight of the gun in about 1" worth of space on the belt, are generally smooth grain leather, and are often shape formed around the gun, which means you have a rounded off bump pushing into your side. If you think about it, each negative factor is compounded by another with the single clip, and contribute to instability/discomfort.  You've got decent belts already, which is usually the opposite situation, people buy a decent holster but a crappy belt.  I use both the Galco King Tuk and the Crosssbreed for different pistols; I slightly favor the King Tuk but both are excellent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry a G19 in an MTAC at 3:00.  Most comfortable holster i've used.  I can even carry my 17L in it without any discomfort.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd look at Old Faithful, FoxX, or Working Dog holsters. I've owned FoxX and I own 2 Working Dog holsters. Great gear and around 50 bucks with no wait
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#6]
MTAC is the best hybrid holster IMO.  Knocks the crossbreed out of the water

Recently switched to an incog and it's by far the best holster I have used, carry at 4is o'clock and it's snug and secure, close to the body with either both clips on just one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the same belts and carry a 19 at 3:00 in both a crossbreed and Minotaur. Neither sag for me, but I have a big ass.

There is more distance between the CB clips FWIW.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for replies everyone! From what I am gathering from here and Glock Talk, I might start with suspenders. My wife will make fun of me, but if that's the price I pay for protecting my loved ones, so be it. She'll eventually grow tired of poking fun at my suspenders haha.

After that, I will probably be looking into a slimmer, dual clip hybrid style holster. The cost of those is a bit steep and I don't want to cheap out on it. It seems that the overall consensus on holsters is to save and buy the best you can. I'll have to do some more research before making a purchase decision on that front. The two most popular seem to be the Comp Tac MTAC and the CB SuperTuck in horsehide.

Thanks again everyone, I do appreciate the help!
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#9]
For a decent holster that doesn't break the bank, check out Old Faithful Holsters. I carried a Shield in one for a long time. It just disappeared under my shirt when in it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I carry a G19 in an MTAC at 3:00.  Most comfortable holster i've used.  I can even carry my 17L in it without any discomfort.
View Quote

WOW!

I don't see to many men wearing a IWB at 3PM !
I see lots of men wearing OWB at 3PM !
Strange

I carry a non rail Sig P229 in 40S&W  IWB at 3PM  

I also have a HK P30S V3 9mm / TLR-1 That I carry at 3PM IWB
Both have a Straight Drop and full sweat guards.

I also carry AIWB !

I like simple fold over kydex IWB holster with pull dot loops Only. I hate clip/hooks etc!

OP JM holsters / Tony makes high quality kydex holsters!

Tony can make whatever you want. And has a lot of pros going to him.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

WOW!

Strange

I also carry AIWB !

I like simple fold over kydex IWB holster with pull dot loops Only. I hate clip/hooks etc!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW!

Strange

I also carry AIWB !

JM Custom is definitely my first choice for kydex, too. I just really like their holsters.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Are any of you fat?  
I'm 5'10" 265lbs, and I really want to try an IWB for my G19.  Just hate to buy another holster I'll never use for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:34:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered a NorCal Kydex holster this morning

http://www.norcalkydex.com/
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Just a thought, why don't you order some IWB loops for the Raven?

Let's you try out the wider spacing thing for $20.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:00:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Another option is an Alien Gear holster.  I believe mine was just over $42 with tax and shipping.  It's good quality, well made and pretty comfortable depending on what you wear.  I'll warn you though, you still might have the sagging problem.  I wore my G19, which is comparable in weight to your G26 in my AG holster around 3:30 - 4:00.  Like you, I have no ass and am pretty skinny.  Even with a good, stiff gunbelt, I either always had some sag, or I had to tighten the belt to the point where I was uncomfortable.  I finally had to end up getting myself an M&P Shield in 9mm.  You only think the G26 is a light gun.  The Shield is even lighter and more to the point, also thinner.  I'm carrying mine at 4:00 in an inexpensive single clip DeSantis SOF Tuck and it's a lot more comfortable than my G19 ever was.  While the G19 in the single clip holster was uncomfortable and moved around too much, the Shield is comfortable and stays where I need it with minimal movement.  Actually works out well for a little movement, when you're leaning back or sitting to be able to nudge it to a more comfortable position.  Good luck and hopefully one of these suggestions will be helpful :)
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

JM Custom is definitely my first choice for kydex, too. I just really like their holsters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW!

Strange

I also carry AIWB !

01001110 01101111 00101100 00100000 01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100001 00100000 00100000 01001010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101111 01101111 00100000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01100110 01100101 01100011 01110100 00101110
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top