Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Amish belt, I've got one almost 5 years old o wear it everyday
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've got it sitting here beside me.  I'll take / post photos tomorrow, showing the issues I have with the belt.  A picture is worth a thousand words, and all that.  Maybe I just got a bad run or something.  I can't wear the belt with a tucked-in shirt, because the big white strip (The length of the belt) is an eye-magnet.  Pretty much the opposite of what you want in a CCW belt.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For under $50, I would say a 5.11 belt. I have been wearing them for the last few years since they were cheaper than galco, and they have held up very good.

I cannot disagree strongly enough. I am very disappointed with my 5.11 belt. It's apparently some leather-look, plastic covering, on top of a stiff foam/ plastic strip inside. It looks like shit, as that plastic "fake leather" gets torn, and you've got spots of white foam exposed all over the belt. I will never buy another.  While the front, or rear, surfaces of the belt look ok...the leather-look plastic "covering" that joins them (and covers the white plastic/foam) is all but gone.  My belt looks like a long, flat, brown oreo.

ETA:  This is the peice of shit I have:  http://www.511tactical.com/leather-casual-belt-15.html
Well crap, wish I hadn't just ordered one...

I've got it sitting here beside me.  I'll take / post photos tomorrow, showing the issues I have with the belt.  A picture is worth a thousand words, and all that.  Maybe I just got a bad run or something.  I can't wear the belt with a tucked-in shirt, because the big white strip (The length of the belt) is an eye-magnet.  Pretty much the opposite of what you want in a CCW belt.

Damn, and I just received mine about 3 weeks ago. I have no issues with mine and the leather Mitch Rosen Ruger LCR 38 Holster. However my Raven g\G22 w/TLR1 is rubbing the outer leather already. I was hoping it wouldn't get too bad. Hoping your wear story is after a few years of use and not a month of so.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
So through some misunderstanding about what was backordered and what wasn't I somehow ended up with both a Hank's Amish belt AND an Aker B21.  Not complaining because I'll use them both.  Wife was a little cranky about buying two belts.  I returned the 5.11 I originally ordered because it was much too small.

Both belts are well made, with good quality hardware.  The Aker is much stiffer.  It won't drape over a hanger or doorknob like a regular belt.  It holds my carry gun up a little better (CZ75 Compact) than the Amish Belt.  The Amish belt is very thick but more flexible.  It's a little more comfortable to wear.  Even though it's not as stiff it's more comfortable to cinch it up a little tighter, so it holds up the gun almost as well.  The Aker is more dressy looking, while the Amish belt looks like an everyday work belt.  The Amish belt is also slightly wider, maybe 1/8 inch.

I think they're both very good belts.  I like the Aker more, but it costs quite a bit more.  You do get what you pay for with the Aker, but either one is a very good concealed carry belt.

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:02:48 AM EDT
[#4]

I bought a 5-stitch 5.11 belt right after Christmas from Gander Mountain. I've been super pleased with it.

I work in a pretty low-key company and it's typically dirty work, so there's no dress code; t-shirt/shorts in the summer to coats/overalls in the winter. There are few times that my belt will be seen so it's not much of a worry.

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine should be showing up Monday. Can't wait to have a nicer looking belt for CCW, Wilderness Instructor's belt works great, but honestly looks like shit if you tuck your shirt in and go out in public.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just put mine on for the first time. WOW, this thing is awesome.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Desantis E25.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 1:19:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Galco matrix,$20 or so.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered one of the Amish belts and wore it for the first time today.  It's fairly stiff and it should work good for CCW but I have 3 complaints:

1) I had my Izula II clipped to it all day at work and the spot where the clip was at is already scratched up and looks pretty bad.

2) It's LOUD! I don't know what the purpose of the round metal cylinder that spins is other than to make lots of noise as soon as you unhook it.  Fortunately when it's cinched up tight that piece is held down and doesn't make noise.

3) The front sticks out almost an inch from my pants since there are 3 layers of stiff leather.  It should get a little better once the leather softens up a little I'm hoping.

And just a note, they seem to run a little small.  I wear size 34 pants and ordered a 38 belt.  There are 7 or 8 holes but I have to use the third from the end without my IWB holster, and the second from the end with my IWB holster.  I guess that's some incentive to not gain any weight!
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:07:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Just bought an Aker B21 off of Amazon a few days ago.  I've read great things about these belts, but haven't used it myself just yet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Been wearing a Wilderness Instructor Belt for about five years now, and it's been great as a CCW belt, as well as a uniform belt with ACUs.

However, I'm wearing a lot more civilian clothing now, so I'm leaning in the direction of a nice, brown or cordovan leather belt. This thread is giving me ideas.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 6:29:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Volund FTW.  That thing is amazing!
View Quote

Lots of votes for a Volund, before I order an Atlas is it safe to assume that there is enough adjust ability to switch between IWB and OWB holsters?  I wouldn't worry but it is a Sig 229 and  a bit of a porker.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 6:35:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I use one of these. plenty stiff.

shellback
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top