Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/3/2017 5:56:57 PM EDT
Still has the "gremlin" in the trigger. Now what?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:56:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spent_Casing] [#1]
Do you have dial calipers by chance?

Im curious, and if you could pull some dimensions Id love to try and help.

In my other thread Ive posted factory dimensions, and itd be interesting to compare.

ETA: you wouldnt be the first guy Ive read of still having an issue after tabbing. But its never gone beyond that. Maybe we can get some STEM going, and help figure this out for anyone else who searches this.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:12:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I can have access to a dial caliper with a phone call. What do I need to measure?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
From the CZ forum -"  After receiving my tabbed carrier I still had a few hangups. I posted another thread about my issues, and Morgan put me on the track of how to clean up the trigger/sear interface. He even offered to look at them if I wanted to send the FCG to him. After looking at a couple videos, I was confident enough to try myself. It only took a minor bit of filing and polishing, and no more Gremlin! With two range days and some intense rifle drills, I haven't had one hang up! I now feel 100% confidence in this rifle. A great gun, just needs some tinkering to get the bugs out. Thanks again Morgan for the top notch work and advice. "
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:36:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spent_Casing] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Serein:
I can have access to a dial caliper with a phone call. What do I need to measure?
View Quote

Let start with the overall height. First place Id look is to make sure its tall enough. So with the carrier upside down, the top of the tab to the bottom.

Factory height dimension is .360".  ive done a ton of these and had to polish that dimension down a little bit to make it function perfectly smooth. So if its a little shorter thats ok. Im curious if its a lot shorter.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top