Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/18/2016 8:32:04 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with these?
$18 bucks
http://www.zahal.org/products/fab-defense-vz-58-window-30-magazine-ultimag?path_parent=218295
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't FAB "Mako"?

If so, I would touch a mag from them with a 10' pole.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Some videos and info over here:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=80185.0

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
So good for plinking and not going to war. Disappointing but good to know.

Maybe some day a gen 2 with metal tabs will come out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I've read two online reviews of them, so far they seem to work. Neither has anything negative to say, so at least they appear to be in spec.

FAB is made/owned by Mako. I have a few accessories & some AR mags made by Mako, no complaints. Unlike others, all my 20 & 30 round Mako mags run fine in all my rifles.

The surplus aluminum mags are still available for $15, or were anyways. I think the new production aluminum mags are around $35, so if these FABs hold up they're a nice inexpensive option.

If FAB ever makes these in 20s I'll whip my credit card out so fast it'll catch on fire...
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#5]
FAB Defense is the manufacturer out of Israel.  Mako Group is just the authorized US importer and distributor.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Give me some 20 rounders please!
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top