Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2016 7:59:56 PM EDT
So i was cruising gunbroker and saw a vz858. Figured this would be a good place to talk about it as none were imported to the states. From what i read in a quick search they dont have chrome line bores but have a longer barrel. It would be a rare bird to have though im unsure of the legalities of non imported rifle ending up here. Thoughts anyone?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=555826462#PIC
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool, rare bird indeed.

Imported for LE use maybe?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:38:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: P08] [#2]
I have one, they were imported as single stack guns then Czechpoint modified them. CZ imported them but now Czechpoint does it solely.

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/

ETA: Apparently the VZ 858 is a Canadian version.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats what im saying, the 858 was never imported and that rifle clearly is marked cz858. Those were not imported so im thinking it was smuggled in, am i wrong?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Whats to say someone with some pull got it brought over from Canada? I certainty would not pay extra for it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe a GI brought is back on an ATF Form 6 Part 2?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jreinke:
Maybe a GI brought is back on an ATF Form 6 Part 2?
View Quote

Unless we fought a war with Canada lately that I don't know about, I don't know where it would have come from.

The one's bouncing around the Middle East are standard (chrome lined) barrels.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I would bet money that VZ858's are for sale in Europe, therefore any service member stationed overseas could buy one and ship it home (assuming the Form 6 was approved.)  I know when I was in Germany in the early 1980's I bought lots of guns at the Rod & Gun Club in Stuttgart and brought them all back on Form 6's.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Wish we paid what the Canadians do for unmolested CZ manufactured VZ 58's. The monopoly on the market here sucks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:43:54 PM EDT
[#9]
As long as the rifle is in a legal configuration, and you didn't import it illegally, I wouldn't worry about it...but that's just me.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top