Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:45:45 PM EDT
If your cheek hurts after shooting a VZ 58/2008, it's because of your slant brake.  After two trips to the range, I couldn't handle two full mags.. Last weekend I removed the slant brake, and the gun is a joy to shoot.  Now I am looking into getting a decent muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been trying to put a muzzle device on my VZ2008. I found that finding a 14x1 RH brake is a game of patience. I did come across an adaptor on ebay that converts 14x1 RH threads to 14x1 LH. That allows the installment of any AK brake on the muzzle.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bartman1:
I have been trying to put a muzzle device on my VZ2008. I found that finding a 14x1 RH brake is a game of patience. I did come across an adaptor on ebay that converts 14x1 RH threads to 14x1 LH. That allows the installment of any AK brake on the muzzle.
View Quote

I bought a cone style 14x1 RH flash hider on Amazon, no adaptor, just a cone style, under $20 shipped.

Ebay has about a dozen listings including the original VZ58 funnel shaped flash hider for $25 as well.

CNC Warrior, Czechpoint-USA, & Zahal carry VZ58 devices.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bartman1:
View Quote

Check out:

http://www.cncwarrior.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1885

Specifically:

This is closest to the original issue ones.  It's loud under a roof, but it really works well at dissipating the recoil.  

http://www.cncwarrior.com/Knurled-Compensator-M14-X-1-RH-p/23263.htm
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I never used the slant brake that came on mine I switch to the cnc clone of the real vz brake. centrury never should have put on a brake designed to work on another gun. the slant is to compensate for the tilt of the ak on recoil due to the piston design and weight the vz does not have this issue. the cnc brake works well has your normal brake caused issues (concussion and flash). if you are cheap I suggest using a file or dremel tool and notching the slant brake slot in the rear so it sits straight. I did this well over a year ago to see how it works and forgot about it lol I guess il have to try to find it to see if it works. Now what junk drawer did I put it in.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 4:43:11 AM EDT
[#5]
if you have a folder you need to do a low cheek weld so it doesn't slap you in the cheek bone. the solid stock lets you get a good cheek weld for the iron sights if that's what you use. red dot will let you get away with a high head hold which helps with rapid fire if that's your thing. I use a micro with a north eastern arms mount that cowitnesses the irons but I like that I can hold my head up higher on the stock. your milage may very as I'm 6'4 and 235lbs so I tend to find the stocks on the warsaw pact guns on the small side and yet I shoot my ar's with the stocks set on 1 makes no sense right??..
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#6]
If I hadn't added a red dot to mine I would have swapped the folder for the fixed as well, or wrapped the folder in paracord or foam insulation. Using irons on the bare folder is no fun.

I also agree the slant brake is more trouble than it's worth, I shot better with no brake. I re-notched mine so it was at the 6 o'clock position which seemed to help slightly, but this gun is so smooth I really don't think it needs any device at all. I would up with an el cheapo flash hider from Amazon, only purchased it cause I liked the looks.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top