Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2015 2:13:24 PM EDT
Recently jumped into the suppressor game and I am looking at putting them on as many of my rifles as I can. Has any one done it? Can it be done? Any issues? This guy wants to know.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't done it myself, but i have been looking at doing it here in a year or so. The first problem you are going to run into is how the barrel is threaded. If you have a true VZ 58 or even a newer VZ2008, your barrel is threaded 14x1 RH. This is an odd thread and because of this, you will not find a suppressor that is direct-thread compatible. You will have to get a custom thread adapter made for your rifle. I know Huntertown Arms makes thread adapters. After that, I am not too sure what the gas system would do since there is no way to control the gas to the piston and if overgassing it would cause premature damage and wear to the gun.

ETA: Also, you would still get the supersonic crack of the gases leaving the piston. This is the problem with suppressing an AK47 as well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Recently jumped into the suppressor game and I am looking at putting them on as many of my rifles as I can. Has any one done it? Can it be done? Any issues? This guy wants to know.
View Quote

Its very loud. I tried my SWR and YHM 7.62 cans on my SBR VZ58 over a year ago and I was very disappointed in the noise. I had to put hearing protect on at the 3 shot because it was so loud I would compare it to a 22 pistol without a suppressor (which is dam loud). If you want to suppress a 7.62 round look at  300 blackout.  The 300 blackout SBR's are awesomely quiet with a can when shooting subs. Vz58's are great rifles just not great for supressors.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok Thanks guys! I'll just leave it alone then.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top