Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/18/2015 6:54:02 PM EDT
So I have a chance to buy another VZ2008 for $420 with 5 mags, clean kit, metal forward rail (don't know brand).  For someone I know very well.  He is downsizing his life.

I already have a lot of guns. So I was thinking of selling a couple of SKS for this.  Whats every ones thought.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
No, keep your sks, and tell him I will give him $430
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If I had them, I'd sell an SKS or two to finance a VZ2008.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd sell it and get the VZ2008
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:29:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I have a chance to buy another VZ2008 for $420 with 5 mags, clean kit, metal forward rail (don't know brand).  For someone I know very well.  He is downsizing his life.

I already have a lot of guns. So I was thinking of selling a couple of SKS for this.  Whats every ones thought.
View Quote

What kind of sks  do you have?

what is a couple of sks?  

For me an sks  in good to fair condition is not worth selling to get a vz2008.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

what is a couple of sks?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what is a couple of sks?  

I have 2 yuko SKS and 1 Chinese SKS.  They are in pretty good condition. All 3 have never had jams and work well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Your sks are original and built by their designated countries=reliable and if not mistaken are not being imported anymore.  not assembled by century arms.
Vz2008 built by century arms are known to have issues, buying with fingers crossed that you get one that  doesn't have issues.  With this given in the end it's really up to you.  I'd say keep your sks, and buy the vz2008...if you really want it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#7]
A number of us here have not had issues with our VZ2008s. I have put about 1000 rounds through mine and I have never had a problem. The only thing that you might run into is the trigger gremlin, but you just have to send your carrier out to get it tabbed. It is an incredible gun. If you do choose to sell one of your SKSs, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A number of us here have not had issues with our VZ2008s. I have put about 1000 rounds through mine and I have never had a problem. The only thing that you might run into is the trigger gremlin, but you just have to send your carrier out to get it tabbed. It is an incredible gun. If you do choose to sell one of your SKSs, you won't regret it.
View Quote

I have had my first VZ for several years and shot several 1,000 rounds through it with no issues. The guy i am buying it from jas had it about five years with no issues either.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a VZ2008 and used to have a Norinco SKS, both are accurate & reliable rifles so no bad choices here.

Overall I prefer the VZ for it's folding stock, light weight, and ability to add a side rail or handguard rail for optics.

SKS is a nice piece of history and it's wood stock & fixed mag remind us what weapons were like 100 years ago.

Right now I think SKS prices are high and VZ2088s will increase in value now that supply is drying up, so smart money would probably say sell SKS buy VZ.

But I wouldn't sell my last SKS to buy a second of anything.

Diversify.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've got a VZ2008 and used to have a Norinco SKS, both are accurate & reliable rifles so no bad choices here.

Overall I prefer the VZ for it's folding stock, light weight, and ability to add a side rail or handguard rail for optics.

SKS is a nice piece of history and it's wood stock & fixed mag remind us what weapons were like 100 years ago.

Right now I think SKS prices are high and VZ2088s will increase in value now that supply is drying up, so smart money would probably say sell SKS buy VZ.

But I wouldn't sell my last SKS to buy a second of anything.

Diversify.  
View Quote

I have 3 SKS and will only sell one or two so I will always have at least one.  I like the VZ for the last round hold open and easy to change magazines.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:49:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Buy that VZ, sell the SKS if you have to.  Since you know the history of this VZ it is worth much more than a new one from Century that may or may not be as good.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Buy that VZ, sell the SKS if you have to.  Since you know the history of this VZ it is worth much more than a new one from Century that may or may not be as good.
View Quote

I am going to buy the VZ.  Sold one of the SKS today picking the VZ up on Sunday.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I am going to buy the VZ.  Sold one of the SKS today picking the VZ up on Sunday.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Congrats.  Post pics when you get it.  There was no wrong answer in the alternatives you were presented with.  Either way, you'd be GTG.

I have a a VZ2008 and D Tetechnik.  I have equal fun with both.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:14:09 AM EDT
[#14]
The rule around our house and with my friends is we never sell guns unless we absolutely, positively have to.  Only guy guns, never sell them.  You'll regret it one way or another.  Sold my CZ52 a few years back when ammo went way up and got my beloved 1963 High Power.  Love that gun but I SERIOUSLY regret selling the 52.  I'll only forgive myself once I have another someday.

Besides, it never hurts to diversify that portfolio!  
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top