Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/25/2015 1:10:03 AM EDT
After about a month I finally got it to the range today and broke it down to clean tonight.  I have NEVER seen anything like this on a muzzle before.  Looks like cement.  I hit it with a wire brush and a couple different solvent/cleaners pretty hard wi ZERO effect.  I don't want to pick at it wi metal tools for fear of damaging the crown.

Any ideas?  Solutions?  Prob gonna contact PSA and see what they say.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitely not carbon. At least I've never seen white/grey carbon before. Anyway, I used the mouth of a spent brass casing and it knocked right off. I was getting a little nervous there. Will observe after next range trip if that re appears. I don't recall seeing that when I received the gun but I may not have been paying attention.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Color is unusual, betting it came from the ammo you used.  Have removed the flash hider off a mini14 and had all kind of junk under it but it was blackish like what you would expect.  Now you know it is clean, shoot a bunch and see what it looks like afterwards.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top