Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/14/2015 2:07:57 PM EDT
I'm new to the VZ anyone have a chart or know the critical lubbe point on the VZ?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Ideally for me:

Grease on the bolt carrier rails and lug contact points.

Very light oil on the metal to metal areas of the gas piston.

Very light oil on the bolt. Minus the firing pin.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here, grease on the rails and oil the bolt liberally. Some like to oil the trigger group but til I've got a few thousand rounds downrange I leave it dry to speed up the wear in process.
Just for grins I checked an online copy of the CZ58 operator's manual (from Stevespages.com, great source for .pdf versions of firearm manuals), nothing there on specific points to lube. In fact, the recommended cleaning procedure calls for pointed sticks and wound cloth around sticks as cleaning tools, so they're not striving for precision here.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ideally for me:

Grease on the bolt carrier rails and lug contact points.

Very light oil on the metal to metal areas of the gas piston.

Very light oil on the bolt. Minus the firing pin.
View Quote

+1
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top