Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2015 11:18:50 AM EDT
I'm waiting on my VZ2008 to make it in to my ffl which should be later this week. Looking to ditch the slant brake. I have the option right now of buying a new brake, or I have a 7.62 phantom 5/8-24 setting in my drawer. So cheapest solution would be get the cnc warrior thread adaptor so I can put it on the factory threads. Last option would be to have the barrel chopped down if this is possible and have the 5C2 pinned on for a 16.25" OAL. Leaning towards the latter option just because, but I'm wondering thoughts on whether or not the 5C2 will offer any reduction in recoil? I'm going to wrap the wire stock but I heard cheek slap is still pretty bad with these and the slant brake. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm waiting on my VZ2008 to make it in to my ffl which should be later this week. Looking to ditch the slant brake. I have the option right now of buying a new brake, or I have a 7.62 phantom 5/8-24 setting in my drawer. So cheapest solution would be get the cnc warrior thread adaptor so I can put it on the factory threads. Last option would be to have the barrel chopped down if this is possible and have the 5C2 pinned on for a 16.25" OAL. Leaning towards the latter option just because, but I'm wondering thoughts on whether or not the 5C2 will offer any reduction in recoil? I'm going to wrap the wire stock but I heard cheek slap is still pretty bad with these and the slant brake. Thoughts?
View Quote

Why not just go with the knurled compensator from cncwarrior? That what a lot of people go with for the vz2008. And it goes right on, no sweat. And you can get it for what you'd pay for the 5C2. And it reduces recoil very well. I really like mine,

[URL=http://www.cncwarrior.com/Knurled-Compensator-M14-X-1-RH-p/23263.htm[/URL]
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed, I would just get this one. Its what I also personally went with. Fair bit of recoil reduction, overall one of those "most haves" if looking to modify your VZ (the other being a FAB Grip).
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I heard cheek slap is still pretty bad with these and the slant brake. Thoughts?
View Quote

Yes cheek slap is pretty bad especially if you are shooting lefthanded like I do. Right handed is probably not as bad. The bar runs to the right of the rifle's axis so its worse for lefthanded shooters. If you are going tacticool, I would go with one of FAB defense's folding stocks. If you want to keep it original, you can buy the beaver barf butt stocks all over ebay. They're pretty affordable and A LOT more comfortable to shoot.

As far as the slant break, it makes the cheek slap worse because I doubt it is doing much at all. I have heard that it works pretty decent on an AK (that's what it was made for), but it doesnt work so well on the VZ.

Whatever you do don't cut your barrel unless you want to SBR it or something.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#4]
My advise regarding cheek slap "some people" not everyone...has this problem.  So you judge yourself when you get it shoot it....then see from there. Everybody's shooting style, facial geometry is different. So don't go out and start buying stuff fir your vz2008 just because some advice here are only based on their experience, not yours.  When I had my vz2008 had mounted my vz side folder I never had any cheek slap...even with the slant brake it came with
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]
well it arrived today so I engaged some enemy stumps lurking in the back yard. Recoil was much milder than I expected but I will still change the brake. Stock was fine for me but I'm going to see how it looks with the paracord wrap, if it looks crappy ill just roll as is. Gotta say this is one of the best firearms purchases I've made in a long time for the money.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
well it arrived today so I engaged some enemy stumps lurking in the back yard. Recoil was much milder than I expected but I will still change the brake. Stock was fine for me but I'm going to see how it looks with the paracord wrap, if it looks crappy ill just roll as is. Gotta say this is one of the best firearms purchases I've made in a long time for the money.
View Quote

If the stock works for you that's great. I wanted to keep mine because I love the old school look of it, but the cheek slap was too much for me. Glad you enjoy it.

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm in the same boat; stock works very well for me.

Even better if you properly utilize the sling. No need for paracord wrapping.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
One of the Best fixed stocks I've ever experienced on a vz58, their polymer thumbhole stock.  If  by chance see one...try it out and you know what I'm talking about.   Though not traditional nor tactical,  but if your looking for a fixed stock I suggest giving it a try.

On one of my D-Techniks, which I sold a while back.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
One of the Best fixed stocks I've ever experienced on a vz58, their polymer thumbhole stock.  If  by chance see one...try it out and you know what I'm talking about.   Though not traditional nor tactical,  but if your looking for a fixed stock I suggest giving it a try.

On one of my D-Techniks, which I sold a while back.
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/imagejpg1_zps4259b621.jpg
View Quote

Good looking rifle bro. Those Czechpoints are really nice!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#11]
My 7.62x39 AR came with a Phantom, better at flash suppression than compensation. If you're mainly looking for comps there are better choices out there, but the VZ really doesn't need one as much as other rifles do.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top